Do voters understand that GOP economics is a catastrophe in the making?

You couldnt be more wrong

we are not exporting steel products to china

they are exporting raw steel and products made from steel to the US

tariffs hurt chinese exports and help American manufacturing

Then why are American steel producers still laying people off?

Manufacturing is slowing?
Bigly. Look it up yourself. This is not "new."

Can't blame that on fewer imports of Chinese goods.
Then why did you post about it? LOL

To highlight your error.

It’s why they aren’t the biggest economy in the world. You want us to follow lesser economies?

You want us to follow lesser economies?

I want them to cut tariffs on our goods.
As do I. But shooting a hole in our boat doesn’t help that.

And if shooting another hole in their boat, by reducing our imports, gets them to cut tariffs...……..?
So far it has slowed manufacturing and forced us to do a huge bailout for farmers.

So far it has slowed manufacturing

How much of the slowdown is due to tariffs and how much is due to a general slowdown, here and abroad?
How much of the slowdown here and abroad is from the tariffs?

In the greatest economy ever?

The economic cycle hasn't been repealed, even after 8 years of Obama?

Trump said we are in the greatest economy ever. Is that wrong?

Of course that is wrong.
Better than Obama is not the same as greatest ever.

Read it more slowly this time:

Tariffs hurt manufacturing. We are less competitive when our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel. Sales go down. Demand for steel goes down. Tariffs have done this many times. Learn from history.

You need to learn economics. Steel tariffs mean our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel. That makes our manufacturing less competitive and we see that with the decline in manufacturing. A decline in manufacturing means the demand for steel goes down which leads to steel layoffs. Again try to read slowly.

Steel tariffs mean our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel.

Which should result in more US steel being used, not less.
No it has led to a decline in manufacturing and lower demand for steel. See steel layoffs. Clearly you don’t understand economics.

No it has led to a decline in manufacturing and lower demand for steel.

No question it has lowered total demand for steel, but has it increased US steel production?
I've never looked up those numbers, I don't trade steel stocks.

See steel layoffs.

Steel is cyclical.

Clearly you don’t understand economics.

Better than you, clearly.
No economists support tariffs, yet you do. You don’t understand economics.

You want us to follow lesser economies?

I want them to cut tariffs on our goods.
As do I. But shooting a hole in our boat doesn’t help that.

And if shooting another hole in their boat, by reducing our imports, gets them to cut tariffs...……..?
So far it has slowed manufacturing and forced us to do a huge bailout for farmers.

So far it has slowed manufacturing

How much of the slowdown is due to tariffs and how much is due to a general slowdown, here and abroad?
How much of the slowdown here and abroad is from the tariffs?

What manufactured goods do we export that use a lot of Chinese steel?
Our biggest exports are airplanes, which use mostly aluminum.
It's possible Chinese steel in our exported autos and farm equipment makes them less affordable.

Tariffs have probably had a very small impact.

Europe is slowing just fine without our help.
And China was boned even before the outbreak.
Look out below!

You need to learn economics. Steel tariffs mean our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel. That makes our manufacturing less competitive and we see that with the decline in manufacturing. A decline in manufacturing means the demand for steel goes down which leads to steel layoffs. Again try to read slowly.

Steel tariffs mean our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel.

Which should result in more US steel being used, not less.
No it has led to a decline in manufacturing and lower demand for steel. See steel layoffs. Clearly you don’t understand economics.

No it has led to a decline in manufacturing and lower demand for steel.

No question it has lowered total demand for steel, but has it increased US steel production?
I've never looked up those numbers, I don't trade steel stocks.

See steel layoffs.

Steel is cyclical.

Clearly you don’t understand economics.

Better than you, clearly.
No economists support tariffs, yet you do. You don’t understand economics.

I don't support tariffs, but I don't think tariffs on some Chinese imports is that big a deal.

upload_2020-2-26_10-21-9.png

upload_2020-2-26_10-22-41.png

5-digit End-Use Imports - China

Meh.

Ok, now you are losing so you get angry any call me names
And you ignore the question. Go figure. Losing is clearly you.
I asked you a simple question and you ran away

but I’ll repeat if in case you forgot

how is trump tariffs on imported chinese steel to blame for steel layoffs in the US?

Why? Because steel plants refused to update their old equipment. That costs money. It's the same kind of thinking that lead Boeing to put profits over safety.

Updating the old technology would have caused a hit on their returns so they refused to do it. Now they are paying for that.
Meaning you think the layoffs were baked into the cake before trump came along

They were but Trump is a perfect example of the problem overall. It's not just Trump though.

Trump wants to blame "China" for our greed. It's not China's fault. Besides, is this not how free market capitalism is supposed to work? If I own a business and I want to move it to China, that's the way it is supposed to work is it not?
China is exploiting our short-sighted trade policies

and trump is trying to reverse those policies

but he’s having to drag liberals and never trumpers along screaming and kicking

we could do more if everyone wantedto

how is trump tariffs on imported chinese steel to blame for steel layoffs in the US?

Why? Because steel plants refused to update their old equipment. That costs money. It's the same kind of thinking that lead Boeing to put profits over safety.

Updating the old technology would have caused a hit on their returns so they refused to do it. Now they are paying for that.

They were but Trump is a perfect example of the problem overall. It's not just Trump though.

Trump wants to blame "China" for our greed. It's not China's fault. Besides, is this not how free market capitalism is supposed to work? If I own a business and I want to move it to China, that's the way it is supposed to work is it not?

You want even bigger farmer bailouts? More steel layoffs? Even slower manufacturing?

No China is not doing it. We are. They forced no one to move there. We did nothing about those who did.

The question was answered. Love how you wait 3 seconds and claim somebody ran away.
All you did was hurl the first taking point you remembered without specifically tying the steel layoffs to tariffs

Tariffs hurt manufacturing. We are less competitive when our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel. Sales go down. Demand for steel goes down. Tariffs have done this many times. Learn from history.

Steel tariffs do not make American products less competitive

American workers are competing with low wage and or slave labor in china

and with the low costs of nonexistent chinese environmental costs

we need tariffs on chinese products because Americans cannot and should not have to work for $1 an hour

No China is not doing it. We are. They forced no one to move there. We did nothing about those who did.
Ok

china lures companies to china with slave labor wages and no environmental control costs

Tariffs never work.

Is that why almost every country in the world has higher tariffs than we do?

They also address the businesses that move offshore. We refuse to.

Tariffs address offshoring? We refuse to address offshoring?

It can IF properly done with other measures also. We have not done that.
Offshoring is an issue that we need stronger measures against

if GM closes an auto plant in America and builds the car in china we need to slap a big tariff on that car
Higher taxes on us will show them. That has never worked...
It costs china also

otherwise they would simply laugh at the tariffs

The question was answered. Love how you wait 3 seconds and claim somebody ran away.
All you did was hurl the first taking point you remembered without specifically tying the steel layoffs to tariffs

we need tariffs on chinese products because Americans cannot and should not have to work for $1 an hour
How can you say that knowing manufacturing is down after the tariffs and steel has huge layoffs? You speak nonsense.

Bigly. Look it up yourself. This is not "new."
No

if you make the claim YOU document it

Ok

china lures companies to china with slave labor wages and no environmental control costs
We have tons of wealth and low unemployment. Why are you complaining?

How can you say that knowing manufacturing is down after the tariffs and steel has huge layoffs? You speak nonsense.
Because there is no evidence that manufacturing is down thanks to tariffs

They also address the businesses that move offshore. We refuse to.

Tariffs address offshoring? We refuse to address offshoring?

It can IF properly done with other measures also. We have not done that.
Offshoring is an issue that we need stronger measures against

if GM closes an auto plant in America and builds the car in china we need to slap a big tariff on that car
Higher taxes on us will show them. That has never worked...
It costs china also

otherwise they would simply laugh at the tariffs
Yes both sides are hurt. There is no winning.

Ok

Free Enterprise. No? Why aren't so many companies from Germany going there? They don't get tax breaks?

Because there is no evidence that manufacturing is down thanks to tariffs
Well they sure didn’t increase manufacturing as promised. Haha

Sez libs

but they have failed to document it

Forum List

Back