Do Works Really Count?

1625568542657.png

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How inscrutable are his judgments and how unsearchable his ways!

Interesting observation, do You mean in a fundamentalist way,
or really a personal study of the text, tradition?

I am mentally challenged and not sure what you mean by that. Mind explaining?

He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
slandering is usually not the best way to get ahead in life. especially of a deity.

they are a state of purity - attainable also for whoever so makes the attempt for at least the lower levels -

lowest for christians if they make it through purgatory after their sinning and stop referring to the deity as - him. good luck bing .... your going to need it.

I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself

Grailhunter had this really interesting theory and I was wondering if he could publicly share it. I say that works are important but they don't save you otherwise Christ's death upon the cross would be rather pointless. However, if somebody is a Christian but all they do is lie, steal, and cheat that's questionable. Yet, I don't think that they are actually a Christian though. I think they just claim to be so they can feel like they can do whatever they want and get away with it,.. but that's just my own personal opinion.

So, who gets to decide who is "a Christian" then?

Grailhunter had this really interesting theory and I was wondering if he could publicly share it. I say that works are important but they don't save you otherwise Christ's death upon the cross would be rather pointless. However, if somebody is a Christian but all they do is lie, steal, and cheat that's questionable. Yet, I don't think that they are actually a Christian though. I think they just claim to be so they can feel like they can do whatever they want and get away with it,.. but that's just my own personal opinion.
I think it is both works and faith. Bending the knee to God. Confessing your sins, living as the book calls for you to. Works are important, but they are not everything.
There are many well meaning, pious Buddhists, Muslims, atheists, and Jews in Hell.

So? A Christian is only someone who follows the Bible 100%? Or what percent of the Bible would you have to follow for Potterhead to label someone "a Christian"?

I wouldn't know for sure, I would only go by what they were showing me with their actions.

Why would you say that if only that person and God can decide?

Cause actions tend to reflect the attitude of a person.

So? A Christian is only someone who follows the Bible 100%? Or what percent of the Bible would you have to follow for Potterhead to label someone "a Christian"?
Confess your sins to Christ, ask for his forgiveness, and be baptized in water. Obey the Ten Commandments. It's not that complicated. God knows your heart. Talk to him.

I wouldn't know for sure, I would only go by what they were showing me with their actions.

Doesn't really matter, does it? Seeing how it's God and themselves that decide if they're Christians or not.

Christianity is the most violent religion out there. Maybe being violent and then going to church and being told they've been forgiven if part of being a Christian.

Forum List

Back