Do you agree with your president?

Some places in Europe are littered with them. They are not small either. The space they consume and the number required seems very inefficient. Maybe in the future when technology improves?

"generating 20% of US electricity with wind power would require up to 185,000 1.5-MW turbines, 19,000 miles of new transmission lines, 18 million acres, and 245 million tons of concrete, steel, copper, fiberglass and rare earths – plus fossil-fuel back-up generators for the 75-80% of the year that winds nationwide are barely blowing and the turbines are not producing electricity."
The Environmental Cost of “Renewable Energy” – The Saltbush Club

Wind power won’t work because the wind doesn’t blow all the time, according to Trump.

Seriously???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry what don’t you agree with?

duh

wind generators create and STORE electricity for current (? I made a joke!) and future use.

The power doesn't go out when the wind stops blowing.

Are you just using it for one thing?? Lol seriously are you clueless?

Collecting and Storing Energy from Wind Turbines

Read this and try not to be so conservative

But the wind needs to blow in order to replenish inevitably used stored supply.
Duh.

Yes.

But it DOES blow.

You only need ;

"A typical modern turbine will start to generate electricity when wind speeds reach six to nine miles per hour (mph), known as the cut-in speed. Turbines will shut down if the wind is blowing too hard (roughly 55 miles an hour) to prevent equipment damage.

Over the course of a year, modern turbines can generate usable amounts of electricity over 90 percent of the time. For example, if the wind at a turbine reaches the cut-in speed of six to nine mph, the turbine will start generating electricity. As wind speeds increase so does electricity production."

Personally I would use a multi-prong attack on ENERGY and the ENVIRONMENT;

use ONLY US oil (stop paying other countries for it)
ENCOURAGE (through tax breaks?)(government $ coupons)(cheaply priced generators) ALTERNATIVE ENERGY sources

wind, solar, water...

I was reading of these neat water turbine/generators that are small and light, can be moved and placed in a small stream by 2 people! and produce MORE than enough power for your whole house and family!

Imagine that: one time payment for a water generator, hook it up to your house and go off grid!

if we used ONLY US oil, and started a national movement to perfect and utilize alternatives, energy problems would be solved (and cheapened) within a decade! or something.

Ok
I'm done

It is time for you to ridicule me and call me names!

Have fun!

Wind power won’t work because the wind doesn’t blow all the time, according to Trump.

Seriously???

YES I do agree with him. Right at the end where he says "I know a lot about wind, I know a lot about wind".

He sure does, he sure does. All we need to do is attach a turbine to the front of his mouth, you got wind energy forever.

Seriously???

duh

wind generators create and STORE electricity for current (? I made a joke!) and future use.

OMG

so far I believe YOU have proven to be the DUMBEST of the cons on this board!

The WIND GENERATORS generate/create energy which is STORED for future use.

THAT is how it works.

Yeah but we need a bizzzilion of them every inch of useable land would have an eyesore 200 feet tall! Dumbest Idea ever and you buy it. Who's going to pay for these? Oh I get it the Govt pays for them and then the govt gets to decide how the power is distributed etc., etc., Dumbest idea ever! and you buy it. Got some Texas farm land for sale just send me $100,00.00 I'll send you the land deed! Dumbass.

try looking a bit further into the future.....

close your eyes.....

open your mind.....

think .....think......

we stop buying foreign oil...

we use ONLY our own oil.....

at the same time we encourage everyone to utilize alternatives;

wind, water, solar....

and keep investing in perfecting these technologies.....

in 10 years.....everything better!

In 10 years....everyone is using PERFECTED technologies (wind/water/solar), oil consumption is at a minimum!

air and water are cleaner
everyone has plenty of power
no more blackouts because most of us/all of us are basically OFF GRID (we have our own solar panels and wind or water generator)

This is ALL doable stuff.

Ok
insult me
ridicule me
be conservative

Wait! It does blow all the time?!

Seriously???

duh

That's not how it works. When the wind stops blowing, electricity needs are supplemented by traditional means of power generation such as coal and nuclear.

Seriously???

duh

Collecting and Storing Energy from Wind Turbines

Read this and try not to be so conservative

But the wind needs to blow in order to replenish inevitably used stored supply.
Duh.

Holy SHIT. I genuinely did not know there were this many people who don't know what convection is or how the earth balances itself.

Please don't tell me y'all actually think wind turbines are just plunked down in random places hoping for some kind of "luck".

:eusa_doh:

Wind power wont work because coal and oil donate more money.

Unlike wind and solar, who take huge handouts of tax dollars and then go bust...

romney-soyndra.gi.top.jpg

Wind stops blowing long enough peoples refrigerators will die and they may end up with scurvy.

We don't need that, now do we....

I agree with the president because there is a wind farm by Palm Springs that has never worked. Acres of windmills that killed flocks of birds for one day and have been shut down ever since.

Wind power wont work because coal and oil donate more money.

Unlike wind and solar, who take huge handouts of tax dollars and then go bust...

romney-soyndra.gi.top.jpg

are you going to tell me that I don't have a constitutional right
Wind stops blowing long enough peoples refrigerators will die and they may end up with scurvy.

We don't need that, now do we....

One could install solar panels on their roof (but its DARK at night!)
and a couple of wind generators
and if you live near a stream, a water generator

and go off grid!

if everyone did this oil consumption would be minimal!

we could stop buying oil from MUSLIMS!

we could stop giving OUR MONEY to MUSLIMS! (does the anti-muslim motiff help?)

Besides, MOST of these wind and solar farms are HUGE and feed HUNDREDS of homes!

I pass them all the time near hiways in my area.

Personally I like the idea of having your own solar/wind/water power so you can go "off grid"

It's lucky that wind isn't the only source of electricity then...isn't it?
Some clever person probably did some thinking.

Last edited:
Wind is always there when we need it ... apparently.

kite1.png

ENOUGH wind is.

and if we used a combination of wind/solar/water/oil we could stop buying oil from muslims, rely on our own supplies, and keep perfecting alternative energy sources.

Unless of course you have a constitutional objection? (I kid)

I would have thought NOT GIVING MONEY to muslims would appeal to conservatives?

Well if democrats continue to destroy education then we won’t have any more inventions

Do I agree with St Trumpy?

No. The man’s a world class bullshit artist. And if you can’t see that, you’re about as dumb as they make them.

Seriously???

Not 10 minutes ago I posted in another thread that rampant stupidity would be the end of us all.

Forum List

Back