Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
You know there is overpopulation when large cities send garbage out to sea to be dumped on the whales and dolphin's pristine domain.

th

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
You know there is overpopulation when large cities send garbage out to sea to be dumped on the whales and dolphin's pristine domain.

th

Illogical conclusion

I think resource distribution is the problem, not over-population.

There is plenty of food to go around for everyone. It just doesn't get to everywhere it is needed, for various reasons.

So, no. We do not have an over-population problem at this time.

The first real crush we will feel, as far as population goes, will be sources of fresh water. We are going to need to find a way to economically desalinate ocean water in the near future, I think.
Its easier to distribute resources to a smaller number of people, no? That sounds like an overpopulation problem to me.

It's likely our biggest problem. They're not being 100% truthful as to why we need to control our borders. Perhaps the biggest reason is over-population.

False crisis. The challenges of the future will be about the opposite.

Nonsense.

This Is The Deadly Ocean Plastic Pollution You Never Hear About | HuffPost

While cities and businesses across the country move to cut down on ocean pollution by banning plastic straws, there’s an even bigger plastic crisis devastating marine ecosystems ― and most of us aren’t aware of it.

Each year, millions of tons of plastics end up in the oceans. Drinking straws are thought to make up less than 1 percent of that debris. By comparison, commercial fishing fleets lose or abandon more than 700,000 tons of plastic nets, lines and traps ― an estimated 10 percent of the plastic waste in the oceans and seas.

Known as “ghost gear,” abandoned fishing items can be practically invisible in dim, underwater light, and each year they entangle and kill millions of marine animals, including sharks, dolphins, seals and turtles. The plastic these nets are made of will linger below the surface for hundreds of years, slowly degrading into small fragments and becoming part of the food chain. What’s more, there is no registry for fishing gear like nets, so ghost items can’t be traced back to the owner, allowing commercial fishers to escape accountability.

And yes we could do something about this but that would require regulations and we know how you Republicans feel about Regulations.

“There needs to be a global registry of fishing gear. When the fishing communities buy their nets, it is logged and registered, and at the end of the useful life of the gear, they are responsible for returning it for recycling,” he said.
90% of all ocean pollution comes from 10 rivers in Asia and Africa. Americans aren't the problem, so you're just wasting bandwidth.

90% of plastic polluting our oceans comes from just 10 rivers

Yes, the world will end up at war over resources due to too many people wanting too much stuff.

It's likely our biggest problem. They're not being 100% truthful as to why we need to control our borders. Perhaps the biggest reason is over-population.

Other than perhaps a decline in white population, what's your point?

Within a century, global population will be in precipitous decline.

Why would that be?

Fertility rates are slowing if not falling all over the world already. It’s called demographics. Let go of the false crisis some knucklehead has been pushing on you since the 1970s.
False, China is massively overpopulated due to high fertility. Japan is about the only place where fertility is falling

Why would that be?

Fertility rates are slowing if not falling all over the world already. It’s called demographics. Let go of the false crisis some knucklehead has been pushing on you since the 1970s.
False, China is massively overpopulated due to high fertility. Japan is about the only place where fertility is falling

Ignorant and incorrect. Why not at least bother to check before posting?

Why would that be?

I am correct, and I also own your mind, all three cells

Why would that be?

You are completely wrong. Fertility rates are falling in most of the developed, and much of the developing world. South Korea, Germany, etc. The US fell below replacement level fertility some 20 years ago. China is facing a dire population implosion.

Last edited:
Why would that be?

You are completely wrong.
Says the genius who said that Trump could not win....

Yawning at the class clown

Nonsense.

This Is The Deadly Ocean Plastic Pollution You Never Hear About | HuffPost

While cities and businesses across the country move to cut down on ocean pollution by banning plastic straws, there’s an even bigger plastic crisis devastating marine ecosystems ― and most of us aren’t aware of it.

Each year, millions of tons of plastics end up in the oceans. Drinking straws are thought to make up less than 1 percent of that debris. By comparison, commercial fishing fleets lose or abandon more than 700,000 tons of plastic nets, lines and traps ― an estimated 10 percent of the plastic waste in the oceans and seas.

Known as “ghost gear,” abandoned fishing items can be practically invisible in dim, underwater light, and each year they entangle and kill millions of marine animals, including sharks, dolphins, seals and turtles. The plastic these nets are made of will linger below the surface for hundreds of years, slowly degrading into small fragments and becoming part of the food chain. What’s more, there is no registry for fishing gear like nets, so ghost items can’t be traced back to the owner, allowing commercial fishers to escape accountability.

And yes we could do something about this but that would require regulations and we know how you Republicans feel about Regulations.

“There needs to be a global registry of fishing gear. When the fishing communities buy their nets, it is logged and registered, and at the end of the useful life of the gear, they are responsible for returning it for recycling,” he said.

And most of that plastic comes from China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam - NOT the U.S.

5 countries dump more plastic into the oceans than the rest of the world combined

Link?

Link?
I could provide hundreds of links that prove aliens and bigfoot, the fact is that only little kids like you demand links on the fake internet to prove stuff.

So grow up, and accept your place as a follower

Link?
I could provide hundreds of links that prove aliens and bigfoot, the fact is that only little kids like you demand links on the fake internet to prove stuff.

So, you were lying. Stop lying.

Link?

I never lie

Link?

I never lie

Where’s the link, liar?

Link?

I never lie

Where’s the link, liar?
What link are you babbling about? You better get your Trump Derangement Syndrome looked at

Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?

I never lie

Where’s the link, liar?
What link are you babbling about? You better get your Trump Derangement Syndrome looked at

Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?
It seems you might be confused as to whom you are communicating with right now. You’re making no sense at all.

Forum List

Back