Do you love God or the things of this world?

Now God won't even let me play a guitar but I have plenty of peace now with His knowledge to know that this world is just a false delusion that is going to be destroyed soon.

... to know that this world is just a false delusion that is going to be destroyed soon.

not necessarily ... until the triumph of either Good or Evil occurs no one including God knows how it will end.

Stupid people don't know our Creator and you're one very stupid person. God is the Creator of ALL things, including the "Last Day" when He will destroy this world as planned.

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Are you a liar or do you obey all God's commandments?

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

The new commandment is to love one another and Christians do that. It covers one of the two tables of the law and loving God with all our soul, mind and strength covers the other table of the law.

We donate our old clothes to a Christian thrift store that raises money to help others less fortunate. It was just in the news that the Salvation Army has so many clothes that they are now sending them to Africa. Who says we don't love?

The Salvation Army and Goodwill: Inside the places your clothes go when you donate them. - Slate Magazine

God had me sell everything I owned and then preach to all the people He brings to me. He also has me cooking for my homeless friends every day at the park and all this without any income.

God also took away my sexual desire ( made me a eunuch ) and all my worldly habits I once had.

The only thing He's given me back was a laptop to go preaching in Christian forums to find any believers who might listen to Him. I haven't found one believer in the last four months of being in these forums. That's how much Christians love our Creator's voice.

Christians love their false gods, but not the true invisible Creator that no man will ever see.

you aren't God. So of course no one is listening to you

Now God won't even let me play a guitar but I have plenty of peace now with His knowledge to know that this world is just a false delusion that is going to be destroyed soon.

... to know that this world is just a false delusion that is going to be destroyed soon.

not necessarily ... until the triumph of either Good or Evil occurs no one including God knows how it will end.

Stupid people don't know our Creator and you're one very stupid person. God is the Creator of ALL things, including the "Last Day" when He will destroy this world as planned.

Im extremely greatful the Lord has a much more powerful way of communicating with man than calling him stupid.

quote=theword;7772080]
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

The new commandment is to love one another and Christians do that. It covers one of the two tables of the law and loving God with all our soul, mind and strength covers the other table of the law.

We donate our old clothes to a Christian thrift store that raises money to help others less fortunate. It was just in the news that the Salvation Army has so many clothes that they are now sending them to Africa. Who says we don't love?

The Salvation Army and Goodwill: Inside the places your clothes go when you donate them. - Slate Magazine

God had me sell everything I owned and then preach to all the people He brings to me. He also has me cooking for my homeless friends every day at the park and all this without any income.

God also took away my sexual desire ( made me a eunuch ) and all my worldly habits I once had.

The only thing He's given me back was a laptop to go preaching in Christian forums to find any believers who might listen to Him. I haven't found one believer in the last four months of being in these forums. That's how much Christians love our Creator's voice.

Christians love their false gods, but not the true invisible Creator that no man will ever see.

you aren't God. So of course no one is listening to you[/QUOTE]

God already knew you wouldn't listen to Him. Here's some prophecies to prove this;

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold,their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

2 Corinthians 3; [/COLOR]
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18: And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being changed into his likeness from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Luke 6
22: "Blessed are you when men hate you and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man!,

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 5
19: We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one.
20: And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding,

Psalm 21
8:Your hand will find out all your enemies; your right hand will find out those who hate you.
9: You will make them as a blazing oven when you appear. The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath; and fire will consume them.
10: You will destroy their offspring from the earth, and their children from among the sons of men.
11: If they plan evil against you, if they devise mischief, they will not succeed.

Psalm 34
21: Evil shall slay the wicked; and those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
22: The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned

Psalm 38
19: Those who are my foes without cause are mighty, and many are those who hate me wrongfully.
20: Those who render me evil for good are my adversaries because I follow after good.

Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6: And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7: All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

Psalm 44
7: But thou hast saved us from our foes, and hast put to confusion those who hate us.

Psalm 69
4: More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore?

Psalm 97
10: The LORD loves those who hate evil; he preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Amos 5
10: They hate him who reproves in the gate, and they abhor him who speaks the truth.

Jeremiah 7
27: "So you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not listen to you. You shall call to them, but they will not answer you.
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

Last edited:
If I won't listen to the Lord, why has the Holy Spirit been present all afternoon?

Im extremely greatful the Lord has a much more powerful way of communicating with man than calling him stupid.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

This whole thread is like poking a monkey in a cage with a stick. I strongly urge each of you to do what I am going to do, and don't feed this man's delusions any more.

Matthew 6
24: "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Do you love God or mammon?

Hypocrites are those who say they love God but love the things of this world and their flesh instead.

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Are you a liar or do you obey all God's commandments?
Well, I love music AND science, so I guess you can serve 2 masters after all. :eusa_angel:

What about a beautiful sunrise then? Would that be ok with you? :eusa_angel:

Everything is okay with me in this world that will be destroyed soon. I used to love this world until God put me to rest and taught me His love.

so you used to love....until you found God?

that doesn't make sense to me .... :confused:

I thought God is Love.
Only when he is not angry, vengeful and jealous.

1 Corinthians 13:4) Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up,
5) does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury.
6) It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.
7) It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Na 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

Ex 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Ex 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

I have to go with loving the things of this world. Hard to beat the love of a significant other, the joy of raising a family, the adventure of exploring the world around me, and a good plate of food.

It will be for the flesh that dies tomorrow but I'm not scheduled to die until February of 2015. After that, I really don't care when it happens to the rest of God's people because my next thoughts will be in the next world.

How do I learn when I'm scheduled to die?
Or can you tell me?

Only us saints know how, when and where we'll be killed but God doesn't reveal this knowledge all at once. It all has to be learned as we become more obedient to His commands.

Since you don't even know who God is, you won't know how, when or where you'll die. All I know for the masses of people is that they'll all die at once on the "Last Day" of this age.

It's not such a big deal, anyway. Once our flesh has perished, we won't remember anything about this first age. We won't ever remember dying and since we'll never die in the next age, we won't understand what death of the flesh is.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

:eusa_eh: Define 'Saint'.

Either way, sounds like a pretty exclusive club... How do you know you're a member? :dunno:

I have to go with loving the things of this world. Hard to beat the love of a significant other, the joy of raising a family, the adventure of exploring the world around me, and a good plate of food.

And beer.

Don't forget beer.
:beer:

Those are all good things. But I can tell you that the love of the Lord is even greater. It was hard for me to believe to until I felt His love for myself.

Of course, loving God doesn't mean you can't enjoy those things as well. Especially considering He has commanded us to marry and to multiply and replenish the earth. He gave us food to enjoy. He gave us our senses to explore the world around us.

Forum List

Back