Do you talk about politics outside of this forum?

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Do people talk about politics outside of a forum like this one?

Like in real life when you are with your friends or family.

We had dinner last night with 3 other couples at one of their houses and never once in 3 or so hours did anything to do with politics come up.

I golf with a very good friend whom I know supports Trump but we have never once talked about politics.

I cannot remember the last time I did outside of this forum.

We had dinner last night with 3 other couples at one of their houses and never once in 3 or so hours did anything to do with politics come up.

I golf with a very good friend whom I know supports Trump but we have never once talked about politics.

it is a bad idea to discuss religion or politics with friends unless you know they are on the same page as you.

Do you talk about politics outside of this forum?​

Only to people of "like mind." I learned the hard way.

In my town you can wear MAGA hats and fly Trump flags on your car truck or front porch.... Just going shopping with a Trump T-shirt on brings about political discussion....
1724678184528.png

Most democrats I know are incapable of talking about politics unless you agree with them.

I to pick, what is left of their brain, by asking them questions is all.

But to challenge them in any way yields nothing but hostility, fear, and a realization that everything they have based their life on is a lie.

It is akin to talking to someone in a cult. Those in a cult first cut off friends and family unless they agree with everything they have to say.

also never loan money to friends or family if my family needs money I give it to them if I have it avoids the hurt of trying to collect later.

I still rememver an older friend of our family telling me when I was a young man to never loan money you cannot afford to give away

How do you find out they are of like mind?

Out of the 3 other couples last night I have no clue how any of them view politics.

Most democrats I know are incapable of talking about politics unless you agree with them.

I to pick, what is left of their brain, by asking them questions is all.

But to challenge them in any way yields nothing but hostility, fear, and a realization that everything they have based their life on is a lie.

It is akin to talking to someone in a cult. Those in a cult first cut off friends and family unless they agree with everything they have to say.
This brings a question to mind, does loneliness fuel cults? Is this the driving force behind them, or do people become lonely from the isolation of a cult?

All the time…everyday with anyone willing to engage.

It is understandable why people shy away from the topics of religion and politics as both have ideologies that preach how people should think and act. No one likes to be told what to do, and everyone disdains those that force them.

It is a little thing called freedom that people feel is being threatened by both.

But at the end of the day, there is a proper way to act and think and an improper way to think and act, which is why all societies have laws. But laws restrict freedom, which is why they should be adopted with great reservation

However, the current US government adopts about 40,000 new resolutions and laws every year.

They just don't care about freedom in the least.

Yes! all the time and I never bring it up, I am constantly asked questions about politics and betting...the only place I ever here "MAGA" is here...cannot recall anyone anywhere else having used it...admittedly there are a lot of republicans involved though.

it is a bad idea to discuss religion or politics with friends unless you know they are on the same page as you.
Simple solution to that….
In this political climate I won’t be friends with anyone practicing any level of leftist politics….PERIOD.
I won’t even become acquainted with ANYONE left at all on any level.

Yes, but not much.

I try to warn an old gal down the street, before she is attacked. She thinks everyone is nice. She is kinda commie leaning. But to no avail.

No family here. They moved to CA. Seldom talk with them. They like dems, hate Trump. If I had commie dems here, I would not associate with them much anyway. People I meet when out and about...no.

AR 15 police.jpg

Do you honestly believe you are any different?
Sure, I can smile and nod as they spew their propaganda and not say a word.

I can also talk respectfully when someone is capable of discussion.

Fewer and fewer people can say that these days.

In fact, at colleges they have what are called "safe spaces" where people are not allowed to discuss anything that might upset the Left.

This movie is a must see.

Simple solution to that….
In this political climate I won’t be friends with anyone practicing any level of leftist politics….PERIOD.
I won’t even become acquainted with ANYONE left at all on any level.

And your fellow MAGA cult members keep claiming only the left if like this

Forum List

Back