Do you want a Democracy or a Dictatorship?

Do you want a Democracy or a Dictatorship?

• Democracy?

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Dictatorship?

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
As you likely don’t know but should, we aren’t a democracy. Modern or otherwise.

We are a Constitutional republic.
But we are.

Has a our rally cry ever been "spreading republicanism to the world"?

Nope. We were spreading Democracy

You know the worst thing you can do to an egotist like that? Ignore him, but you can't, you won't. You scour the interwebs daily, looking for something to be outraged about, something you can complain about. How vacuous an existence that would be.
I don't want to ignore him, I wanna poke fun at him.

Even ancient Rome wasn't a direct democracy.

We live in a representative Democracy that is, no matter what these yammer heads say, a democracy.
If only political system were as simple as that. Would a US Republic work without representative democracy?

But we are.

Has a our rally cry ever been "spreading republicanism to the world"?

Nope. We were spreading Democracy
🥱

So? We were spreading an alternative to communism and dictatorships and monarchies, etc.

But, we remain a Constitutional republic.

Do you want to live in a Democracy or a Dictatorship? Those are the only two questions voters need to ask themselves this November.

If you vote for Biden, we have a democracy.

If you vote for Trump, we have a dictatorship.
I choose a "Constitutionally Limited REPUBLIC"

I choose to never vote Democrat

What is "FPTP"?

First Past The Post.

It's the system whereby you split the country up into many constituencies and each constituency stands alone. The winner takes everything, ie, only one winner.

Proportional Representation is when the country is only one constituency, and everyone votes and you count all the votes then hand out seats based on the votes.

Germany votes twice on the same day, once for FPTP and once for PR.

In 2017 you can see just how bad FPTP is:

The CDU/CSU (equivalent of the Republicans) gained 37.27% of the vote. They got 231 seats out of 299 seats. That's about 77% of the seats.

The FDP got 7% of the vote and zero seats.

Die Linke got 8.55% of the vote and got 5 seats.

With PR the CDU/CSU got 32.93% of the vote. That's down nearly 5% because people didn't want to vote for them, but with FPTP they felt they had to vote for them, because they would have had a choice between them and the SPD (equivalent of the Dems). But with PR they could vote for whoever they like.

They got 246 seats out of 709 or 34.6% of the seats.

The FDP got 10.75% of the votes and 80 seats, or 11.25% of the seats.

Die Linke got 9.25% of the votes and 64 seats or 9% of the seats.

You can see the PR is much fairer.

The FDP instead of getting nothing because they could never get enough votes in one constituency to win the constituency, managed to get 11% of the seats. Literally nearly 11% of the country wanted them, but they'd have got nothing in a US style system simply because the system said "no".

Whereas the CDU/CSU didn't get a massive amount of seats just because they could just about win 77% of the constituencies, many of them without get a majority.

Trump won in 2016, and the snowflakes have been persecuting him ever since. Talk about retribution, or dictatorship.

I agree! ^

1717723377366.png

Do you want to live in a Democracy or a Dictatorship? Those are the only two questions voters need to ask themselves this November.

If you vote for Biden, we have a democracy.

If you vote for Trump, we have a dictatorship.
Democracy, that is why I can’t vote for a Democrat or Republican.

Forum List

Back