DoD: Climate change is a national security issue that needs to be addressed

Here's a novel idea, how about we let the free market invest and generate a market for environmental and climate fighting activities, instead of having the government bankrupt districts or this cause.

Because there is no money in it, that's why.

When consumers have a choice between expensive energy and lower cost energy, they will choose the lower cost energy every time. That's why government needs to subsidize or force people into alternative fuel.

I'm sorry, I didn't have a father that gave me millions of dollars and all the connections needed to make more money off of it. Nice to see you glanced over that fact.

Did I say I was smarter than any conservative? Nope...I said that the card board toilet roll in my bathroom is smarter than Trump.

I am starting to wonder what your intelligence level is however, seeing how you made these huge leaps from the post I made. So my challenge to you is... point out in my post where I said I was smarter than any conservative and how you can skip over the advantages Trump was given to making his fortune.

I know what you posted, I just questioned ALL liberals including your qualifications to judge anyone elses intelligence. He went a school that is not like a "passem all public school" so I would say his education was above almost all clinton voters level. But judge as you will with no evidence, label as you will with no evidence, It is your folly to exhibit.

No... what you did was create a strawman argument that wasn't in my post and attack it. Trumpbots on this forum seem to do that A LOT. I could post something along the lines of, I don't like coconuts, and a Trumpbot would respond that I hate warm weather, or I hate islands, or I must be gay not to like "coconuts." It's what you do.

Just because a family can afford to send their kid to a private school doesn't make their kid a genius. I hate to break that to you.
It gives them the potential to be a genius...unlike public schools...

Said by a person that went to a private school. Fact of the matter is, if the kid wants to learn, has the ability to learn, and their parents try to participate in them learning, kids that go to public schools can excel. While simply stating, "I went to a private school, I'm smarter than you..." is just ridiculous.
Public school?

We've gone over this. Yes, but I also graduated with state honors, which is/was a standardized program throughout the entire state including private schools. The requirements were not just GPA based on the school, but other things which included ACT scores, and passing the proficiency tests.

The Academic Honors Diploma requires a student to earn higher level credits or more credits in mathematics, science and social studies. Additionally, the student must earn world language credits and have a 3.5 GPA as well as either an ACT score of 27 or a SAT score of 1210.

Criteria for Diploma with Honors | Ohio Department of Education

I think my graduation year was the first year they started the program.

I pray that Trump gets into office and tries to do something about all this... and then all the employees tell him to go fuck himself. Then he'll be stuck with either firing over 50% of the federal employees or changing his position.

I like that idea too.

Trump has no problem firing assholes who need fired.

He can even make a new show out of it! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

the desperation and fear of the establishment types and our friends on the left and in the media is astounding

we're about to have new leadership at DoD and many other agencies

the histrionic cries as policies change and spending priorities are diverted will be lots of fun the watch!

DoD Releases Report on Security Implications of Climate Change

WASHINGTON, July 29, 2015 — Global climate change will aggravate problems such as poverty, social tensions, environmental degradation, ineffectual leadership and weak political institutions that threaten stability in a number of countries, according to a report the Defense Department sent to Congress yesterday.

The Senate Appropriations Committee requested the report in conjunction with the Defense Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2015, asking that the undersecretary of defense for policy provide a report that identifies the most serious and likely climate-related security risks for each combatant command and the ways those commands integrate risk mitigation into their planning processes.

Fragile States Vulnerable to Disruption

The report finds that climate change is a security risk, Pentagon officials said, because it degrades living conditions, human security and the ability of governments to meet the basic needs of their populations. Communities and states that already are fragile and have limited resources are significantly more vulnerable to disruption and far less likely to respond effectively and be resilient to new challenges, they added.

Just want to add a few links to this:

Global warming 'could trigger alien attack'

Study: Global warming will cause 180,000 more rapes by 2099

Climate Change Helped Fuel The Syrian Conflict, New Paper Finds | The Huffington Post

Forum List

Back