DOE wants to eliminate sports altogether

Titlt IX ended many sports programs. It is not enough to merely open the program. There must be participation. There could be enough disabled to satisfy the quota requirements but if the disabled decide not to participate the program is over. Look up how it worked with Title IX.

In the name of "equality" liberals/Democrats.progressives ALWAYS want to bring down everyone to the lowest possible level.

This is just another example.

In the name of "equality" liberals/Democrats.progressives ALWAYS want to bring down everyone to the lowest possible level.

This is just another example.

Do you think this attempt to give disabled American youth the opportunity to experience the benefits of competitive prep athletics will bring down those incredible student athletes who populate every community in this nation?

Or....wil it lift them up?

I suggest that you think a little.

They are who? Liberals?

You really have got a lot to learn.

If I meant liberals, I would say liberals. Are you upset because I am tweaking a nerve? If I am not talking about you, why does me pointing out how absurd their position is bother you?

Then....who is "they"? Who thinks everyone should win?

Do you expect me to believe you have never heard of the entire self esteem movement? Let me guess, you are one of the beneficiaries of the idiocy and never learned that coming in second is the same as losing.

For those of us that participated in a sports program...did you enjoy it? Was it a memorable part of your High School years? Why would you want to deny these children that opportunity?

Why yes it just feels so right and good.

The Federal government can insure good high school memories.

If I meant liberals, I would say liberals. Are you upset because I am tweaking a nerve? If I am not talking about you, why does me pointing out how absurd their position is bother you?

Then....who is "they"? Who thinks everyone should win?

Do you expect me to believe you have never heard of the entire self esteem movement? Let me guess, you are one of the beneficiaries of the idiocy and never learned that coming in second is the same as losing.

The "self esteem movement"?

You are a clown.

Like Special Olympics? Doesn't that already exist?

Special Olympics operates specifically for persons with intellectual disabilities.

That couldn't possibly because even they think it is ridiculous to have people who are physically incapable of of doing something should be pampered?

:cuckoo:

No. It's because THEY OPERATE FOR PERSONS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES. And FYI, they go to great lengths to overcome the physical inability of many of those participants. For example, in Special Olympics swimming, they have an entire division of "floatation device" events. Basically, these are people who can't swim. Some of them take several minutes to drift down to the other side of the pool, under no more power than the scarcely relevant swishing of their ankles down.

Special Olympics operates specifically for persons with intellectual disabilities.

That couldn't possibly because even they think it is ridiculous to have people who are physically incapable of of doing something should be pampered?

No. It's because THEY OPERATE FOR PERSONS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES. And FYI, they go to great lengths to overcome the physical inability of many of those participants. For example, in Special Olympics swimming, they have an entire division of "floatation device" events. Basically, these are people who can't swim. Some of them take several minutes to drift down to the other side of the pool, under no more power than the scarcely relevant swishing of their ankles down.

Yet they are praising the DOE decision that all people with disabilities be allowed to play sports. Why do they discriminate against people with purely physical disabilities?

Yet they are praising the DOE decision that all people with disabilities be allowed to play sports. Why do they discriminate against people with purely physical disabilities?

What are you talking about? It's not discrimination. There are all kinds of charitable and community organizations that cater to specific niches. The MDA raises money for Muscular Dystrophy research and aid to families, but not for cancer research. The March of Dimes deals with prenatal and infant health. None of them are obligated to actually do the work the others do in order to justifiably support the missions of the others. You may as well be arguing that the Boy Scouts should be open to girls before they can support the mission of the Girl Scouts.

Given the fact that you did not actually refute anything from the OP is it safe to assume that NBC got the facts when they praised it as the best thing since sliced bread?

Did you read the .pdf or not?

Is the NBC story inaccurate? If it is, feel free to post the pdf and explain what they got wrong. If not, what the fuck is your point?

The .pdf was in your link you ignorant asshole.

What are you talking about? It's not discrimination. There are all kinds of charitable and community organizations that cater to specific niches. The MDA raises money for Muscular Dystrophy research and aid to families, but not for cancer research. The March of Dimes deals with prenatal and infant health. None of them are obligated to actually do the work the others do in order to justifiably support the missions of the others. You may as well be arguing that the Boy Scouts should be open to girls before they can support the mission of the Girl Scouts.

It is discrimination, if you don't understand that simple fact you really shouldn't be discussing this at all.

It is discrimination, if you don't understand that simple fact you really shouldn't be discussing this at all.

In other words, you want to make a claim, but you can't actually establish or defend such a claim. So you simply dismiss anyone who demonstrates the weakness of your claim. :clap2: :eusa_hand:

In other words, you want to make a claim, but you can't actually establish or defend such a claim. So you simply dismiss anyone who demonstrates the weakness of your claim. :clap2: :eusa_hand:

I am stating a fact, not making a claim, read a dictionary.

1. an act or instance of discriminating, or of making a distinction.
2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
3. the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with great discrimination.
4. Archaic. something that serves to differentiate.

It isn't my fault you think that, just because something is legal does not mean it is not discrimination.

Is the NBC story inaccurate? If it is, feel free to post the pdf and explain what they got wrong. If not, what the fuck is your point?

The .pdf was in your link you ignorant asshole.

Never said it wasn't, I asked if something in the story is inaccurate. You seem to think that it is, so show us what they got wrong.

Better yet, just go away.

Your thread title is what is inaccurate, or more precisely,

nonsensical.

Forum List

Back