Does a liberal have the IQ to understand how Republican capitalist health care.....

The sick people that they insure - the ones that you claimed were their "best customers" - are a drain on their profit margin and, as soon as they can dump them at renewal time, they do.

too stupid!! an insurance company in a free market can make more on a high risk pool than a low risk pool as long as it is free cover its costs and make a profit!!

Still over your head??

The sick people that they insure - the ones that you claimed were their "best customers" - are a drain on their profit margin and, as soon as they can dump them at renewal time, they do.

too stupid!! an insurance company in a free market can make more on a high risk pool than a low risk pool as long as it is free cover its costs and make a profit!!

Still over your head??

you assume that self insurance is not a viable option. In a free market, a truly sick person could not possibly cover - individually - the cost of his or her health care. The risk pool is both high and low, which makes it possible to spread the risk among high AND low risk customers such that healthy ones will not feel that they are paying TOO much and sick ones will be able to afford the premiums - until the heartless insurance companies dump them come renewal time, of course.

And please... you really ARE stupid, and, therefore, it is reasonable for me to refer to you as such. I am not stupid. You look like, not only a moron, but an obnoxious one, by continually insulting those who are demonstrably smarter than you.

again... I'd have to have my head buried in a ditch for anything you possibly have to say to be "over my head".

Last edited:
you assume that self insurance is not a viable option.

too stupid!! IF you have evidence of this I'll pay you $10,000 Bet?? I Never even brought it up and yet i assumed it was not a viable option??

if a sick person paid enough in health insurance for a health insurance company to cover the cost of their care AND make a reasonable profit, why would they ever buy insurance?

Can you answer that?

you assume that self insurance is not a viable option.

too stupid!! IF you have evidence of this I'll pay you $10,000 Bet?? I Never even brought it up and yet i assumed it was not a viable option??

if a sick person paid enough in health insurance for a health insurance company to cover the cost of their care AND make a reasonable profit, why would they ever buy insurance?

Can you answer that?

simple, because you may be far sicker tomorrow than you are today.

Can you answer that?

simple, because you may be far sicker tomorrow than you are today.

and, knowing that a sick person will, more likely than not, be sicker tomorrow than today, why would any insurance company offer them insurance that could possibly be any cheaper for the customer than self insurance, or have a chance of being profitable for them if it weren't?

or...how can sick people be the "best customers" of health insurance companies as you have previously asserted? How does the person whose risk you must spread amongst the healthy customers be better customers than those who pay premiums and never file claims?

Last edited:
and, knowing that a sick person will, more likely than not, be sicker tomorrow than today,

too stupid!! Some sick people make complete recoveries and some don't. Some cars require huge repairs under warranty and some require huge insurance settlements, and some don't!! As long as you are free to cover your anticipated costs in
the price you charge you can make a profit.

Now even you understand how capitalism works.

and, knowing that a sick person will, more likely than not, be sicker tomorrow than today,

too stupid!! Some sick people make complete recoveries and some don't. Some cars require huge repairs under warranty and some require huge insurance settlements, and some don't!! As long as you are free to cover your anticipated costs in

do you have any idea how health insurance companies determine who they will insure and what premiums they will charge them? Obviously not. Health insurance companies are not really all that concerned about making a profit off every customer individually... they are more concerned about their aggregate profit or loss.... which is why they love to insure healthy people and why they boot sick ones off their rolls at the earliest opportunity... but clearly, risk pool economics is not something you are at all familiar with.

and really.... your continual use of the phrase "too stupid" is really quite silly coming from the guy who claimed that sick people were health insurance companies' best customers.

Sorry if you are home sick. A lot of folks do get better. Many get a ywar or two of chemo at a cost similar to a house and then die anyway, or worse linger on, oh well. Not my problem. If you can afford insurance or find a charity to take you in, great.

Sorry if you are home sick. A lot of folks do get better. Many get a ywar or two of chemo at a cost similar to a house and then die anyway, or worse linger on, oh well. Not my problem. If you can afford insurance or find a charity to take you in, great.

Edwina really doesn't "get it", does he? Of COURSE there are some sick people who get less sick, but actuarial analysis suggests that most do not. Most sick people get sicker, and insurance companies try to clear them from their rolls all the time. The more sick people they can avoid insuring or stop insuring, and the more healthy ones they can keep as customers, the greater their profit, in the aggregate, will be. That is the entire theory behind pooling risk. The greater number of healthy clients that never file claims, when coupled with a judicious culling of higher risk clients, the greater the profit. As long as health insurance companies are not constrained from minimizing their risk in order to maximize their profits, the more a "republican capitalist health care system" will cast aside those people who are truly sick and who truly need health care. It really is "compassionate conservative capitalism" at its most selfish and evil - a "health insurance" industry that really has no real concern for people's health whatsoever.

Most sick people get sicker,

and most cars get older and sicker and more costly to maintain, but you can always find someone to repair your car and make a profit no matter what age or condition its in.

See why we are 100% certain a liberal will lack the IQ to understand capitalism.

and most cars get older and sicker and more costly to maintain, but you can always find someone to repair your car and make a profit no matter what age or condition its in.

See why we are 100% certain a liberal will lack the IQ to understand capitalism.

This is ridiculous. At some point I will be too expensive to keep alive.

When my 68 Mustang receipts were tallied I could have bought a three or four year old one cheaper. Its an interesting analogy but until we can recreate perfectly fine hearts like I could recreate a fine 351W and C4 it doesnt apply.

Edward, you have some good points and are a good team player. This is real life though. Things just aren't that cut and dry.

Just like when a country has substinance level farmers in it and you want to build a road, ya just have to unfairly tax the middle class more.

Does a liberal have the IQ to understand how Republican capitalist health care.....would work???

Patients would be spending their own money so the incentive to decrease costs would increase 1000%

Providers would be competing on price and quality to survive. This would decrease costs another 1000%

It would save every American about $5000 a year.

No. Probably not that low.

Your car analogy fails because unlike a car, we don't have the option of trading the old body in when it gets too expensive to maintain, or doing without one when we can no longer afford the cost of maintenance and insurance.

it's always amusing watching the really, really stupid people, like you, talk about others' IQ's.

it's always amusing watching the really, really stupid people, like you, talk about others' IQ's.

of course if stupid you would not be so afraid to say where. What does your fear tell you??

You are in a league with rdean to be the most substance free liberal here!!

This is ridiculous. At some point I will be too expensive to keep alive.

When my 68 Mustang receipts were tallied I could have bought a three or four year old one cheaper. Its an interesting analogy but until we can recreate perfectly fine hearts like I could recreate a fine 351W and C4 it doesnt apply.

Edward, you have some good points and are a good team player. This is real life though. Things just aren't that cut and dry.

Just like when a country has substinance level farmers in it and you want to build a road, ya just have to unfairly tax the middle class more.

Ey, did u ever answer that question on who is going to pay for the road in that topic you started Edward?

Happy New Year btw if we don't talk until.afterwards

Does a liberal have the IQ to understand how Republican capitalist health care.....would work???

Patients would be spending their own money so the incentive to decrease costs would increase 1000%

Providers would be competing on price and quality to survive. This would decrease costs another 1000%

well, in the USSR everyone was very very poor (about 20% of what we have here) because there were no capitalist incentives much like there are none in our current liberal health care system. 20% of $8000 (what it costs here per person). From that you can extrapolate that $5-7k per person in savings is not unrealistic with a capitalist system.

well, in the USSR everyone was very very poor (about 20% of what we have here) because there were no capitalist incentives much like there are none in our current liberal health care system. 20% of $8000 (what it costs here per person). From that you can extrapolate that $5-7k per person in savings is not unrealistic with a capitalist system.

Canadians have more wealth, per capita, among their middle class than do we. Are Canadians more capitalistic than the USA?

Canadians have more wealth, per capita, among their middle class than do we. Are Canadians more capitalistic than the USA?

probably about the same, why do you ask??? They have huge energy wealth now and had far better housing capitalism.

Forum List

Back