Does God answer all prayer?

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
With what you are praying for?
Friend of mine son is marrying an older woman that has 3 kids and my selfish friend is mad about that, he does not want his son to marry an older woman with kids.

My friend is very religious and is praying hard for this relationship to break up.
Does God answer his prayer request and assist with the break up of that relationship?

Friend of mine son is marrying an older woman that has 3 kids and my selfish friend is mad about that, he does not want his son to marry an older woman with kids.

My friend is very religious and is praying hard for this relationship to break up.
Does God answer his prayer request and assist with the break up of that relationship?

Your friend sounds pretty selfish. It seems God answers all prayers it may not be the answer you want but I think he does answer prayers.

No. That is witchcraft. Your friend is praying HIS OWN will be done and not God's will be done, Gadawg. If I were you I'd strongly advise this friend to cease and desist at once. I'd also apologise to my son. I'm off to spend day with my gran. I must get going but that is the short answer. If you want the scripture verses and the long version I'll give it to you in a couple of days, God willing. Have a lovely day today, Gadawg.

I agree with both of you and have done so, also his wife is telling him the same thing.
The woman is a real looker and very sweet, quite the catch.
Yes, my friend is being very selfish.

prayer isn't about getting things. It's about aligning our wills with God's will.

It's possible that the marriage isn't God's will. who knows. But He may answer the prayer in other ways. He may help them see it isn't right. He may answer the prayer by saying no it's alright.

I think your friend would probably be better served to ask the Lord to give his son wisdom and to help him accept this marriage if it's his will. Demanding God do something doesn't always end well.

This is the most childish, pettiest thing I've read in a while. Your friend should:
1. Grow up
2. Follow the Example of Jesus
3. Then lead by example.

Sheesh!

By incorrectly attributing supernatural causal relationships to otherwise minor correlations, prayer becomes a form of self-deception known as magical thinking. See also: Wishful thinking.

For the conceivably large number of prayers that occur over time there are relatively few ‘answers’ acknowledged by churches and none that are actually demonstrable, such as the healing of amputees or moving of mountains.

Studies have failed to find any evidence for benefits from prayer that cannot be ruled out as either the placebo effect or a form of cognitive behavioural therapy. In fact, the most comprehensive study performed thus far found that hospital patients who were prayed for suffered more complications than otherwise.

If god is the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end, knows what has passed and what is to come, why do people pray and think it will make any difference?

Prayer: To ask the laws of the universe to be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner, confessedly unworthy.

“Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.”

I have always been a little confused on this point of prayer. It really comes down to giving advice to a being who, by definition, is better qualified than yourself. It just seems a tad self involved.

I read, but don't recall who so can't attribute it, that prayer is talking to God. Meditation is listening to God. Perhaps time might be better spent listening.

When you pray, you are asking, "Thy will be done" but when you pray for the breakup, he is actually praying, "my will be done."

When you pray for a breakup, are you really forgiving? Jesus said if we don't forgive others, God won't forgive us. So will we get our prayers answered if God doesn't forgive us? Depends if it is in God's will or not and maybe He won't because the other person is in unforgiveness.

What your friend is trying to do is change God into Santa, by having Him grant your friend's wish list. If your friend is a Christian, and wants to find peace regarding the union or non union, have Him pray God's will concerning the circumstance, instead of his own. Then be done with it, because it is now in the hands of the Most High.

30 years ago I married a man 10 years younger than I was. I figure when I get old and rickety he'll still have the energy to tie my walker to the back of the car to get me movin'. Love him. ;)

Last edited:

What your friend is trying to do is change God into Santa, by having Him grant your friend's wish list. If your friend is a Christian, and wants to find peace regarding the union or non union, have Him pray God's will concerning the circumstance, instead of his own. Then be done with it, because it is now in the hands of the Most High.

30 years ago I married a man 10 years younger than I was. I figure when I get old and rickety he'll still have the energy to tie my walker to the back of the car to get me movin'. Love him. ;)

Didn't you believe it was in the hands of the Most High anyway? What was the point of the prayer?

God has the perfect mate for us. How many of us asked God to point him/her out before we exchanged rings? How many wish they had after?
If one is lead by the flesh, for example, the situation is not in God's hands. David's penis was in David's hands when He watched his friend's wife take her bath, not God's.

The point of prayer is to bring God into the situation, and rely on Him for the outcome.

I sense you are confused about something.

There is a difference between "God answering a prayer" and "God granting what is requested during a prayer".

If you have an honest relationship with the divine, than when you pray, its not a one way conversation. You sense God, or whatever deity you pray to, communing with you. They'll give council and advice, suggest how to achieve what you desire, and inform you when they disagree with how you are going about things. Alot of times they just wanna talk. That is how God answers your prayers, by participating in a two way conversation, and allowing you to sense what God has to say.

For a God to grant what is requested during a prayer... God helps you understand what you need to do to make that happen. God may even convince you why you shouldn't try and make it happen. If you are really devoted to your deity in a manner they truly approve of... or special in some way, they may actually interfere with the situation somehow. Or increase the odds that it will. All this, on top of whatever spiritual placebo effect law of attraction shenanigans your psyche has inflicted upon the world.

Last edited:
I have always been a little confused on this point of prayer. It really comes down to giving advice to a being who, by definition, is better qualified than yourself. It just seems a tad self involved.

I read, but don't recall who so can't attribute it, that prayer is talking to God. Meditation is listening to God. Perhaps time might be better spent listening.

Prayer isn't giving advice to God. It's the method which God has appointed to receive advice and wisdom at His hand

Last edited:
Didn't the mystical jebus say..... Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. :lol:

In the case of medical problems, James 5:15-16 says:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Jesus' message in the Bible is so clear and simple. God answers prayers. Ask and you will receive. The message is reiterated over and over again. In Mark 9:23: "All things are possible to him who believes." In Luke 1:37: "For with God nothing will be impossible." Nothing is impossible through prayer.
However, when you look at the world around you, you find that things are not like that at all. You find yourself surrounded by contradictions:

God never answers the prayers of amputees. If he did, we would see amputated limbs spontaneously regenerating every day.
God never moves mountains -- if he did, we would see mountains moving around all the time.
God never answers impossible prayers -- if he did, people would be flying through the air like superman on a regular basis.
God never answers prayers that turn people into puppets -- if he did, then you are a puppet.
God never answers prayers that break the laws of nature -- if he did, then scientific equations and computer models would have to take God's random antics into account.
God never answers prayers that break the laws of probability -- if he did, then every believer would be rich and Las Vegas could not exist.
When two people pray opposite one another, obviously someone's prayer will go unanswered. If a million people pray for the same thing but only one can have it (e.g. - winning the lottery), then by definition 999,999 people will have their prayers unanswered.
God doesn't answer medical prayers -- otherwise the U.S. would not need to spend $2 trillion a year on health care.
God doesn't answer prayers to avert natural disasters -- if he did, hurricanes would not hit the U.S. :cuckoo::cuckoo::uhoh3:

Prayer isn't giving advice to God. Is the method which God has appointed to receive advice and wisdom at His hand

Not the prayers I have heard. They typically begin by pointing out a problem and then asking for assistance. Pointing out the problem is advising God where the focus is needed.

Didn't the mystical jebus say..... Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. :lol:

In the case of medical problems, James 5:15-16 says:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Jesus' message in the Bible is so clear and simple. God answers prayers. Ask and you will receive. The message is reiterated over and over again. In Mark 9:23: "All things are possible to him who believes." In Luke 1:37: "For with God nothing will be impossible." Nothing is impossible through prayer.
However, when you look at the world around you, you find that things are not like that at all. You find yourself surrounded by contradictions:

God never answers the prayers of amputees. If he did, we would see amputated limbs spontaneously regenerating every day.
God never moves mountains -- if he did, we would see mountains moving around all the time.
God never answers impossible prayers -- if he did, people would be flying through the air like superman on a regular basis.
God never answers prayers that turn people into puppets -- if he did, then you are a puppet.
God never answers prayers that break the laws of nature -- if he did, then scientific equations and computer models would have to take God's random antics into account.
God never answers prayers that break the laws of probability -- if he did, then every believer would be rich and Las Vegas could not exist.
When two people pray opposite one another, obviously someone's prayer will go unanswered. If a million people pray for the same thing but only one can have it (e.g. - winning the lottery), then by definition 999,999 people will have their prayers unanswered.
God doesn't answer medical prayers -- otherwise the U.S. would not need to spend $2 trillion a year on health care.
God doesn't answer prayers to avert natural disasters -- if he did, hurricanes would not hit the U.S. :cuckoo::cuckoo::uhoh3:

Guno, that isn't how it works. In John 15: 7 Jesus said, If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. In other words? You must meet those requirements. If you are abiding in the world - sin - and ask God for something it shall NOT be done unto you.. You must abide in Jesus and His Words must abide in you and THEN you shall ask what you will and it shall be done. See the difference?

Now if this man is abiding in Christ and Christ's word abides in him? He could bring alot of un-necessary heart ache to his son and the fiance. It's true. Soulish prayers operate from the latent power of the soul - from the time of Adam. People continue to operate out of it. Even some Christians unfortunately. For Gadawg, a good book to recommend to his friend would be The Latent Power of the Soul by Watchman Nee. If he is a mature Christian he has most likely heard of Nee before. Another powerful book by Nee is The Spiritual Man.

As to your other questions.. there is not anything out of the dominion of the Believer who is full of the Holy Ghost. Not even death. A Holy Ghost filled believer can speak to a Storm, just as Jesus did and speak Peace be still and it must be still. That is the Word of God, Guno. Operating in the supernatural is the normal Christian life.

A quick word to Ashtara, I believe it is sufficient to say that those following other gods, goddesses, practitioners of the occult, etc, seem to be more aware of the supernatural than many believers are. Although not all believers because God always has a remnant. While I do not deny that what you claim is true to an extent - alignment of will with a baal demon for instance would bring about curses - car accidents, sudden death, etc on intended victims if the practitioner is a genuine worker of satan - of course these things could happen to people due to their being unaware of what danger there is in being out from under the protective covering of the Blood of Jesus Christ - however, Ashtara, what would it profit you to even gain the whole world through such methods if it results in your losing your own soul? For all eternity? Have you thought this through?

There are no rulers in hell, Ashtara! Only humans cruelly tormented by the same demons they summoned and had power to command here on earth - yes - for all eternity they will be tormented by these demons because they believed Satans lies when he promised to reward them with rulership in hell for their service to him here on earth.

I urge you to please buy the book, Divine Revelation of hell by Mary K. Baxter and realize that no matter what these "beings" ( demons ) have told you, promised you, they will never keep those promises but they will tell you otherwise while you are on the earth because how else could they get you to serve them? Do not be surprised that Satan could present himself as angel of light - even beautiful - because truly he can do it!

Oh! You are so loved by God and I pray you will listen and not allow yourself to be robbed of the one thing Satan cannot ever attain! Heaven! He is so jealous of you, precious one, because he knows you still have the chance to turn and repent and recieve Jesus as your savior - gaining eternal life in heaven! He has lost his chance! He hates you with a perfect hatred, Ashtara! He hates all Gods creation because he hates God Almighty! His intention is to wound the heart of God and that is why he is so determined to take all mankind to hell with him and his fallen angels! Do not let him do it! Do not let him do it!

God loves you! Jesus died on the cross for your sins! Not Lileth! Not Molech! Not Dagon! Not Baal! No! Jesus died on the cross for your sins and no matter what you have done, no matter what you have done you can be forgiven this very day. Come to the Lord now while you can, Ashtara! Don't delay! God loves you! So do I! Do not let yourself be decieved like this! Free yourself from grip of Satan this day and with Christ by your side, the gates of hell shall not prevail against you. Come to Jesus today, Ashtara. He loves you and so do I. Do it right now.

- Jeremiah

Last edited:
No, otherwise we would have lived in an ideal world for everyone.

If every Christian were willing to walk in the Spirit, not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and be continuing on in a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit, praying without ceasing? You'd be amazed at how ideal this world would have become. But they would not! Instead those who were called to live holy have a form of godliness denying the power thereof. ( speaking of America right now )

Like Samson they have laid their head in Delilah's lap ( the World's lap) and have fallen fast asleep! When the Philistines come upon them at an hour they know not they shall awake out of that slumber only to realize too late that the power has left them and Ichabod has been written over the door of their hearts.

The Gospel of Hedonism is alive and well and few there are crying in the streets, REPENT! Few are lifting up Jesus! They are too busy lifting up a man! Or a woman! Or a church denomination! Or a religion! Or a Pope! I tell you the truth! Jesus said, When HE is lifted up HE will draw all men unto HIMSELF!

The day is surely coming the tares shall be bundled together and burned. It's coming. We need to Repent, People! Repent! Time is running out here! How much longer shall you wait?!

Jesus Christ is Lord. Every Knee shall bow and every Tongue shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord. Now or later. The choice is left to the individual.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back