Does God answer all prayer?

With what you are praying for?
Friend of mine son is marrying an older woman that has 3 kids and my selfish friend is mad about that, he does not want his son to marry an older woman with kids.

My friend is very religious and is praying hard for this relationship to break up.
Does God answer his prayer request and assist with the break up of that relationship?

You ask, “Does God answer his prayer request and assist with the break up of that relationship?” Well, it might happen that way but only if your friend was the only one in the world praying about the matter and God thought what he wanted was really important and wouldn't harm anyone else. It all seems to be so speculative that I cannot give you an answer. But I do have a question for you, a very serious question:

What happens when the older woman with children prays that the relationship will flourish? Both petitioners obviously cannot have their way with God. I've gone to sporting events and noticed people in opposite stands praying for their team to win. Somehow they couldn't comprehend that God could not award victory to both sides and thus prayer could not influence the outcome of the game. When I observed this I thought to myself, “With all the problems in the world, do you people really think God gives a Divine damn who wins a fucking high school basketball game?”

I'm sure that over the centuries many millions of people have prayed for the end of war but that hasn't happened yet. If God will not answer a noble prayer for world peace do you think He will give everyone a new car and a better job? How about a winning lottery ticket? Some people confuse God with Santa Claus.

Perhaps prayer doesn't have a damn thing to do with what people want, but rather what God wants. It appears to me that God just sits back and let's people do their own thing. But if you seek divine guidance you will find it. If you want any good and selfless thing, I am convinced God will tell you how to get it. The inspiration comes from God and the rest is up to you.

The problem is that far too many people ask God for more and more while far too few ask God to make them happy with what they already have.

Conclusion: Your friend's selfish and malevolent prayers will accomplish nothing. He would do much better to pray that he would find a way to make his son and the older woman happy.

Friend of mine son is marrying an older woman that has 3 kids and my selfish friend is mad about that, he does not want his son to marry an older woman with kids.

My friend is very religious and is praying hard for this relationship to break up.
Does God answer his prayer request and assist with the break up of that relationship?

is the son praying for a loving relationship that lasts......sounds like a prayerwreck waiting to happen.....

God doesn't answer prayers to avert natural disasters -- if he did, hurricanes would not hit the U.S. :cuckoo::cuckoo::uhoh3:

he didn't answer my prayer.....I prayed, "please God, don't let stupid people rebuild their homes where hurricanes keep knocking them down".........:doubt:

:dunno: What if God knows the heart of the son and He's busy answering the prayers of the struggling single mother?

is the son praying for a loving relationship that lasts......sounds like a prayerwreck waiting to happen.....

If every prayer about the lottery were answered one week, we'd all win $1

I have always been a little confused on this point of prayer. It really comes down to giving advice to a being who, by definition, is better qualified than yourself. It just seems a tad self involved.

I read, but don't recall who so can't attribute it, that prayer is talking to God. Meditation is listening to God. Perhaps time might be better spent listening.

Prayer isn't giving advice to God. Is the method which God has appointed to receive advice and wisdom at His hand

Not the prayers I have heard. They typically begin by pointing out a problem and then asking for assistance. Pointing out the problem is advising God where the focus is needed.

Why? God is suppose to be all knowing, so why tell him something he already knows?

Sounds to me like this Christian son will make a wonderful father to these little children and a godly husband too! It's a win - win all the way! Yay, God!

God will answer prayer about anything. All he needs is a willing vessel. Answered prayer is evidence that God hears and oh how the devil hates any evidence that God is on the throne! ha! ha! He's livid tonight, folks! I pray the Lord blesses this couple and their decision to marry rather than to burn with lust. ( would the father prefer his son to be a fornicator and end up in hell? Did he ever think about that? That if his son died sleeping next to someone he wasn't married to he'd be in hell that fast? Probably not! ) Or does he believe once saved always saved? ( which is a total lie )

- Jeri

No, otherwise we would have lived in an ideal world for everyone.

If every Christian were willing to walk in the Spirit, not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and be continuing on in a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit, praying without ceasing? You'd be amazed at how ideal this world would have become. But they would not! Instead those who were called to live holy have a form of godliness denying the power thereof. ( speaking of America right now )

Like Samson they have laid their head in Delilah's lap ( the World's lap) and have fallen fast asleep! When the Philistines come upon them at an hour they know not they shall awake out of that slumber only to realize too late that the power has left them and Ichabod has been written over the door of their hearts.

The Gospel of Hedonism is alive and well and few there are crying in the streets, REPENT! Few are lifting up Jesus! They are too busy lifting up a man! Or a woman! Or a church denomination! Or a religion! Or a Pope! I tell you the truth! Jesus said, When HE is lifted up HE will draw all men unto HIMSELF!

The day is surely coming the tares shall be bundled together and burned. It's coming. We need to Repent, People! Repent! Time is running out here! How much longer shall you wait?!

Jesus Christ is Lord. Every Knee shall bow and every Tongue shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord. Now or later. The choice is left to the individual.

The end of days has been coming since the 1st century...

Hold that thought, Mephisto. I am not speaking to the end of days here. I am speaking about the coming judgment of God that is about to fall on America. You know, the one where America is invaded by Russia, China, Cuba, Nicaragua, Venezuala, & cells inside the USA - that one? When Taiwan is invaded by China? That is our judgment day. If you are not right with God before then? You don't need to worry about the end of the world because it will be end of your own world ( as you know it anyhow - I pray you survive it ) and after that? In the words of Hillary................What does it matter?!

- Jeremiah

:dunno: What if God knows the heart of the son and He's busy answering the prayers of the struggling single mother?

:clap: I believe you certainly have the mind of God on that matter, Joe!

Prayer isn't giving advice to God. Is the method which God has appointed to receive advice and wisdom at His hand

Not the prayers I have heard. They typically begin by pointing out a problem and then asking for assistance. Pointing out the problem is advising God where the focus is needed.

Why? God is suppose to be all knowing, so why tell him something he already knows?

My grown children know I love them too. Why bother to tell them something they already know? It's about a "relationship"..

I was in such dire straits once I prayed for a car. God knew It was the wrong prayer. I got corrected. It was quite painful but His Will was done. I ended up with a new car.

I was in such dire straits once I prayed for a car. God knew It was the wrong prayer. I got corrected. It was quite painful but His Will was done. I ended up with a new car.

Parents may know their child snuck out to party with their friends, so why would they want their child to tell them this?

Because you can't have a relationship without communication. You can't grow if you are afraid to voice your thoughts, feelings, needs, etc. We pray because we need to say things, not because God needs to hear them. Our prayers are an act of faith. And faith leads to power.

Didn't the mystical jebus say..... Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. :lol:
Yes, but he is talking to believers, and believers should already be in tune with what is acceptable to God when we pray. Asking to win the Lottery is not in line with the whole of God's teachings, ergo, that prayer would not be an earnest request that God is going to grant. He is not a genie.

You might make fun of scripture but your understanding comes from not understanding Christ's teachings at all.

Didn't the mystical jebus say..... Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. :lol:
Yes, but he is talking to believers, and believers should already be in tune with what is acceptable to God when we pray. Asking to win the Lottery is not in line with the whole of God's teachings, ergo, that prayer would not be an earnest request that God is going to grant. He is not a genie.

You might make fun of scripture but your understanding comes from not understanding Christ's teachings at all.

imagine what he, and indeed, all of us could learn if we tried to understand what Christ was actually teaching us.

I think he is deaf, I asked for a 12" penis and all I got was a little man who can play the piano

If every prayer about the lottery were answered one week, we'd all win $1

exactly why I don't pray to win the lottery......

maybe he figures, if we don't give a shit, why should he......

No, otherwise we would have lived in an ideal world for everyone.

If every Christian were willing to walk in the Spirit, not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and be continuing on in a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit, praying without ceasing? You'd be amazed at how ideal this world would have become. But they would not! Instead those who were called to live holy have a form of godliness denying the power thereof. ( speaking of America right now )

Like Samson they have laid their head in Delilah's lap ( the World's lap) and have fallen fast asleep! When the Philistines come upon them at an hour they know not they shall awake out of that slumber only to realize too late that the power has left them and Ichabod has been written over the door of their hearts.

The Gospel of Hedonism is alive and well and few there are crying in the streets, REPENT! Few are lifting up Jesus! They are too busy lifting up a man! Or a woman! Or a church denomination! Or a religion! Or a Pope! I tell you the truth! Jesus said, When HE is lifted up HE will draw all men unto HIMSELF!

The day is surely coming the tares shall be bundled together and burned. It's coming. We need to Repent, People! Repent! Time is running out here! How much longer shall you wait?!

Jesus Christ is Lord. Every Knee shall bow and every Tongue shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord. Now or later. The choice is left to the individual.

The end of days has been coming since the 1st century...

well yeah.....and it will be until its here......

Forum List

Back