Does God answer all prayer?

Because that is just how much God loves us.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever should believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought of God.

- John 3: 16 - 21

God loves us so much that he had his son killed?

So...if you love your child so much you'd let someone kill them...that's fucked up.

Jesus is God, and He loves us so much that He was willing to die in our place.

Wouldn't you be willing to die for your son if your son was perishing and that was the only way that he could be kept alive?

Yes. But to put that in perspective, if someone held a gun to my child's head and a gun to mine and said I had to choose which one went off, I would like to think I would choose the gun to my head. But I can certainly tell you that I would not worship the person holding the guns.

So...if you love your child so much you'd let someone kill them...that's fucked up.

Wouldn't you be willing to die for your son if your son was perishing and that was the only way that he could be kept alive?

Of course, then I'd be dead. So according to that theory, god is dead.

Well, obviously you don't know the whole story. Jesus' "human" part died, but his "God" part didn't because God doesn't die.

Since all of us are just human, when we die, our human part (body) is dead but our spirit, if we are Believers, goes up to be with Jesus immediately. When the Rapture occurs, your body (if you are a believer) which is probably dust by then, depending on how long ago you died, will reconstruct itself to a "new and improved" one and join Jesus in the sky along with all believers that are alive at that time. Those that die denying Jesus go to a place of torment until the final judgement day.

Of course, then I'd be dead. So according to that theory, god is dead.

Then you clearly missed to good news in the story

Not at all. I would glady die for my children. But then, I'd be dead. So if God died for his son,,,god is dead.

You did miss the "good news" - you see, God never dies. Believers gain God's spirit when they accept Jesus and their body (human) dies, but their spirit doesn't. So, when Jesus died for us, his human part died (body), but his Spirit didn't. He was the first resurrected, so immediately he received his "new and improved" body - and is alive today.

Yes. But to put that in perspective, if someone held a gun to my child's head and a gun to mine and said I had to choose which one went off, I would like to think I would choose the gun to my head. But I can certainly tell you that I would not worship the person holding the guns.

But I can see that you don't know the whole story, so you are misapplying it. Jesus is God, He chose to die in our place. No one held a gun to his head, He willingly did it. That is why Believers worship Him. Most of us are willing to die for our loved ones, but Jesus chose to die for those who despise Him, who spit on Him and claim that He is a liar. He still died for them and would forgive them immediately if they repented.

Then you clearly missed to good news in the story

Not at all. I would glady die for my children. But then, I'd be dead. So if God died for his son,,,god is dead.

You did miss the "good news" - you see, God never dies. Believers gain God's spirit when they accept Jesus and their body (human) dies, but their spirit doesn't. So, when Jesus died for us, his human part died (body), but his Spirit didn't. He was the first resurrected, so immediately he received his "new and improved" body - and is alive today.

Ah that will make my children sleep better knowing that their dead father is not actually dead and will come back as a zombie with a new and improved body. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Ah that will make my children sleep better knowing that their dead is not actually dead and will come back as a zombie with a new and improved body. :cuckoo:

You seem to be missing some of what I'm telling you. Either on purpose or by accident. Believers don't come back as Zombies, when they die, their Spirit is with Jesus until the rapture. If you and your children are Believers, they would sleep better knowing that if you were to die, you will be with Jesus awaiting their arrival, and you will all live forever, together one day.

If you are not a believer, you believe that when one dies, that is it, poof, the end. Well, that's your choice.

Ah that will make my children sleep better knowing that their dead is not actually dead and will come back as a zombie with a new and improved body. :cuckoo:

TRY TO THINK!!! WHAT IS YOU?? YOUR BODY?? YOUR SOUL?? YOUR SPIRIT?? ONLY THE BODY EVER DIES AND AT THE RAPTURE THOSE BELIEVERS THAT HAVE DIED AND THOSE THAT ARE STILL ALIVE WILL RECEIVE A NEW IMORTAL BODY LIKE THE BODY OF THE RISEN JESUS!!! PTL Unbelievers that are evil,sinloving,God rejectors are cast into hell. Their choice!

You seem to be missing some of what I'm telling you. Either on purpose or by accident. Believers don't come back as Zombies, when they die, their Spirit is with Jesus until the rapture. If you and your children are Believers, they would sleep better knowing that if you were to die, you will be with Jesus awaiting their arrival, and you will all live forever, together one day.

If you are not a believer, you believe that when one dies, that is it, poof, the end. Well, that's your choice.

Too many variables. What, perhaps, if upon my death my kids wonder why God did not save me and become wary of God and then no longer believe. Now I'm in some place in the sky awaiting them and they never come...because if you don;t believe you don't receive.

But I can see that you don't know the whole story, so you are misapplying it. Jesus is God, He chose to die in our place. No one held a gun to his head, He willingly did it. That is why Believers worship Him. Most of us are willing to die for our loved ones, but Jesus chose to die for those who despise Him, who spit on Him and claim that He is a liar. He still died for them and would forgive them immediately if they repented.

He died but didn't die. Aside from that, exactly what did he die for? To save us? Save us from what? The only answer for that I can work out is to save us from God. God had us torture a man to death so that he wouldn't have to torture us? Sorry. I don't see the attraction here at all.

Too many variables. What, perhaps, if upon my death my kids wonder why God did not save me and become wary of God and then no longer believe. Now I'm in some place in the sky awaiting them and they never come...because if you don;t believe you don't receive.

IF YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN THEN YOU WOULD MAKE SURE THEY SEEK AND FIND TRUTH=GOD!!! DO your job as a loving parent.

Not so. Why would your kids wonder if God saved you or not? If you are a Believer, you are saved, no doubt about it. Now maybe you wanted to say, "What if I believe but some of my children, are all of my children don't" - well, Jesus says there are no "tears" in heaven, and "the things of the past will not be remembered" - so, you will not remember them, but those that do believe, will be there and you will know them.

Revelation 2:
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come to mind" in Isaiah 65:17.

He died but didn't die. Aside from that, exactly what did he die for? To save us? Save us from what? The only answer for that I can work out is to save us from God. God had us torture a man to death so that he wouldn't have to torture us? Sorry. I don't see the attraction here at all.

You don't see what you don't want to see. It is obvious you don't believe, so that nothing that you read here will make a difference. If I thought you really were searching, I would bother to explain more to you, but I don't feel like wasting my time on people that will say "yes but" -

Your unbelief will not affect me in the least. It is your choice, you make your bed, you lie in it. Jesus doesn't force anyone to believe.

You don't see what you don't want to see. It is obvious you don't believe, so that nothing that you read here will make a difference. If I thought you really were searching, I would bother to explain more to you, but I don't feel like wasting my time on people that will say "yes but" -

Your unbelief will not affect me in the least. It is your choice, you make your bed, you lie in it. Jesus doesn't force anyone to believe.

I'm not asking you to explain nor do I need you to explain. I am expressing my view on it, nothing more. Just as you express yours.

Not so. Why would your kids wonder if God saved you or not? If you are a Believer, you are saved, no doubt about it. Now maybe you wanted to say, "What if I believe but some of my children, are all of my children don't" - well, Jesus says there are no "tears" in heaven, and "the things of the past will not be remembered" - so, you will not remember them, but those that do believe, will be there and you will know them.

Revelation 2:
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come to mind" in Isaiah 65:17.

That's even worse. God will take away the memories of my kid from me because they no longer believe in him. God is clearly a sadist.

Revelation 2:

That's even worse. God will take away the memories of my kid from me because they no longer believe in him. God is clearly a sadist.

you got a dim light!!!HUH?? little slow!!!

IF YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN THEN YOU WOULD MAKE SURE THEY SEEK AND FIND TRUTH=GOD!!! DO your job as a loving parent.

My job as a parent is to make sure my kids do better than me and are more successful than me. Every parent wants their kids to be a big success. If they do that with or without their belief in a god, so be it.

Why? God is suppose to be all knowing, so why tell him something he already knows?

maybe he figures, if we don't give a shit, why should he......

:eusa_eh: That would be quite a diversion from His 'documented' attitude of giving so much of a shit about us to voluntarily face some torture Time on a Roman cross followed by a few days in a borrowed grave and Hell for us, eh?

/shrugs.....our eternal salvation is apples.....whether our mortal existence ends next year from cancer or tomorrow from a train wreck is oranges.....

maybe he figures, if we don't give a shit, why should he......

:eusa_eh: That would be quite a diversion from His 'documented' attitude of giving so much of a shit about us to voluntarily face some torture Time on a Roman cross followed by a few days in a borrowed grave and Hell for us, eh?

/shrugs.....our eternal salvation is apples.....whether our mortal existence ends next year from cancer or tomorrow from a train wreck is oranges.....

GOD LOVES FOR MAN TO TALK TO HIM(PRAY) AND GOD TALKS TO US THROUGH HIS INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) WORD! YES!!!GOD KNOWS OUR THOUGHTS BEFORE WE SPEAK TO HIM BUT WE STILL MUST DO OUR PART. GOD DID NOT CREATE ROBOTS BUT CREATED MAN IN HIS IMAGE! Talk to GOD!!

I'm not asking you to explain nor do I need you to explain. I am expressing my view on it, nothing more. Just as you express yours.

I know you are, but you are responding to my posts with your cynicism based on not really knowing about Christianity, just guessing and making absurd suggestions.

I won't waste my time responding to that. Good Day.

Forum List

Back