Does God answer all prayer?

With what you are praying for?
Friend of mine son is marrying an older woman that has 3 kids and my selfish friend is mad about that, he does not want his son to marry an older woman with kids.

My friend is very religious and is praying hard for this relationship to break up.
Does God answer his prayer request and assist with the break up of that relationship?

:dunno: What if God knows the heart of the son and He's busy answering the prayers of the struggling single mother?

:clap: I believe you certainly have the mind of God on that matter, Joe!

I don't.

It could just as easily be that the woman is a true Jezebel and God is working against the focused thinking of the son's 'little head' to answer the prayers of the dad in trying to save his son from a predictably messy divorce down the road.

That's why Monday mornin' quarter-backing God on a message board is kinda interesting.

If every Christian were willing to walk in the Spirit, not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and be continuing on in a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit, praying without ceasing? You'd be amazed at how ideal this world would have become. But they would not! Instead those who were called to live holy have a form of godliness denying the power thereof. ( speaking of America right now )

Like Samson they have laid their head in Delilah's lap ( the World's lap) and have fallen fast asleep! When the Philistines come upon them at an hour they know not they shall awake out of that slumber only to realize too late that the power has left them and Ichabod has been written over the door of their hearts.

The Gospel of Hedonism is alive and well and few there are crying in the streets, REPENT! Few are lifting up Jesus! They are too busy lifting up a man! Or a woman! Or a church denomination! Or a religion! Or a Pope! I tell you the truth! Jesus said, When HE is lifted up HE will draw all men unto HIMSELF!

The day is surely coming the tares shall be bundled together and burned. It's coming. We need to Repent, People! Repent! Time is running out here! How much longer shall you wait?!

Jesus Christ is Lord. Every Knee shall bow and every Tongue shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord. Now or later. The choice is left to the individual.

The end of days has been coming since the 1st century...

well yeah.....and it will be until its here......

Technically, the end of days has been on the horizon since WAY before Monkeys started discussing the possibility and writing ancient stories with their Monkey speculations.

Didn't the mystical jebus say..... Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. :lol:
Yes, but he is talking to believers, and believers should already be in tune with what is acceptable to God when we pray. Asking to win the Lottery is not in line with the whole of God's teachings, ergo, that prayer would not be an earnest request that God is going to grant. He is not a genie.

You might make fun of scripture but your understanding comes from not understanding Christ's teachings at all.

imagine what he, and indeed, all of us could learn if we tried to understand what Christ was actually teaching us.

I understand what Christ was teaching us. Maybe not all he was teaching us, but certainly that He should come first in our life, and that means the things He represents, such as Love, forgiveness, trust in Him, etc. should be uppermost in our lives, how we deal with other people, and how we deal with problems and how sincerely we worship Him.

Not the prayers I have heard. They typically begin by pointing out a problem and then asking for assistance. Pointing out the problem is advising God where the focus is needed.

Why? God is suppose to be all knowing, so why tell him something he already knows?

maybe he figures, if we don't give a shit, why should he......

:eusa_eh: That would be quite a diversion from His 'documented' attitude of giving so much of a shit about us to voluntarily face some torture Time on a Roman cross followed by a few days in a borrowed grave and Hell for us, eh?

Not the prayers I have heard. They typically begin by pointing out a problem and then asking for assistance. Pointing out the problem is advising God where the focus is needed.

Why? God is suppose to be all knowing, so why tell him something he already knows?

My grown children know I love them too. Why bother to tell them something they already know? It's about a "relationship"..

There is a difference between telling my children I love them and telling them what I want for my birthday.

Parents may know their child snuck out to party with their friends, so why would they want their child to tell them this?

Because you can't have a relationship without communication. You can't grow if you are afraid to voice your thoughts, feelings, needs, etc. We pray because we need to say things, not because God needs to hear them. Our prayers are an act of faith. And faith leads to power.

Two points made I think are important. The first is that we pray because we need to say things and the second is that faith leads to power. Both of these relate to fear. We need to express our fear that the cancer will take us, our son will make a mistake, we will not find a new job, etc. And we are powerless to do anything about it. We seek the intervention of a all powerful being to intercede on our behalf to take away our fear and give us power.

The problem with this is that power does not come from faith, it comes from overcoming fear. You cannot overcome fear by asking someone else to fix your problems.

If he didn't give a shit then why have his own son offered for our sins?

My grown children know I love them too. Why bother to tell them something they already know? It's about a "relationship"..

There is a difference between telling my children I love them and telling them what I want for my birthday.

Do they tell you what they'd like for their birthday? Yes, they do. If our earthly fathers know how to give good gifts and do not give their children a snake or a stone when they ask for bread how much more so would our heavenly father give to his children who ask Him for the bread of Life? Did not Jesus say, you have not because you ask not?

I tell you that is what He said and more.... Furthermore, Jesus gave us this promise.. He said, If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. - Matthew 15: 7

So abide in Christ, let Christ's Words abide in you and then ask what you will and He shall surely do it.

Have you not Christ? If you do not have eternal life come to the foot of the cross and accept His pardon today. There is no other way, friend. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through His Son. Is your name written in the Lambs Book of Life? Let today be the day. Today is the day of salvation. Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it but to save it. Come to Jesus.

Last edited:

Because that is just how much God loves us.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever should believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought of God.

- John 3: 16 - 21

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever should believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought of God.

God loves us so much that he had his son killed?

So...if you love your child so much you'd let someone kill them...that's fucked up.

So...if you love your child so much you'd let someone kill them...that's fucked up.

Jesus is not dead. Jesus is alive and seated at the right hand of God after having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them publicly, triumphing over them in it. Jesus destroyed the power over sin and death, Mephisto, and the one who has blinded your heart and mind - had he known of it? He never would have permitted it. It was the day God took the keys of hell from him and stripped him of all authority - then Jesus - handed that authority to the believer as it is written:

Behold, I have given unto you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you. But rejoice not that the spirits are subject unto you but rather that your names are written in the Lambs book of Life. Luke 10:19 - 20

Is your name written in the Lambs book of life, Mephisto? No? Then you are powerless over those whose names are recorded in that book. Utterly powerless. True story.

Last edited:

Jesus is not dead. Jesus is alive and seated at the right hand of God after having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them publicly, triumphing over them in it. Jesus destroyed the power over sin and death, Mephisto, and the one who has blinded your heart and mind - had he known of it? He never would have permitted it. It was the day God took the keys of hell from him and stripped him of all authority - then Jesus - handed that authority to the believer as it is written:

Behold, I have given unto you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you. But rejoice not that the spirits are subject unto you but rather that your names are written in the Lambs book of Life. Luke 10:19 - 20

Is your name written in the Lambs book of life, Mephisto? No? Then you are powerless over those whose names are recorded in that book. Utterly powerless. True story.

The two of you have equal power over one another, which is none at all.
True story.

Jesus is God, and He loves us so much that He was willing to die in our place.

Wouldn't you be willing to die for your son if your son was perishing and that was the only way that he could be kept alive?

Didn't the mystical jebus say..... Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. :lol:

In the case of medical problems, James 5:15-16 says:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Jesus' message in the Bible is so clear and simple. God answers prayers. Ask and you will receive. The message is reiterated over and over again. In Mark 9:23: "All things are possible to him who believes." In Luke 1:37: "For with God nothing will be impossible." Nothing is impossible through prayer.
However, when you look at the world around you, you find that things are not like that at all. You find yourself surrounded by contradictions:

God never answers the prayers of amputees. If he did, we would see amputated limbs spontaneously regenerating every day.
God never moves mountains -- if he did, we would see mountains moving around all the time.
God never answers impossible prayers -- if he did, people would be flying through the air like superman on a regular basis.
God never answers prayers that turn people into puppets -- if he did, then you are a puppet.
God never answers prayers that break the laws of nature -- if he did, then scientific equations and computer models would have to take God's random antics into account.
God never answers prayers that break the laws of probability -- if he did, then every believer would be rich and Las Vegas could not exist.
When two people pray opposite one another, obviously someone's prayer will go unanswered. If a million people pray for the same thing but only one can have it (e.g. - winning the lottery), then by definition 999,999 people will have their prayers unanswered.
God doesn't answer medical prayers -- otherwise the U.S. would not need to spend $2 trillion a year on health care.
God doesn't answer prayers to avert natural disasters -- if he did, hurricanes would not hit the U.S. :cuckoo::cuckoo::uhoh3:

Guno, that isn't how it works. In John 15: 7 Jesus said, If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. In other words? You must meet those requirements. If you are abiding in the world - sin - and ask God for something it shall NOT be done unto you.. You must abide in Jesus and His Words must abide in you and THEN you shall ask what you will and it shall be done. See the difference?

Now if this man is abiding in Christ and Christ's word abides in him? He could bring alot of un-necessary heart ache to his son and the fiance. It's true. Soulish prayers operate from the latent power of the soul - from the time of Adam. People continue to operate out of it. Even some Christians unfortunately. For Gadawg, a good book to recommend to his friend would be The Latent Power of the Soul by Watchman Nee. If he is a mature Christian he has most likely heard of Nee before. Another powerful book by Nee is The Spiritual Man.

As to your other questions.. there is not anything out of the dominion of the Believer who is full of the Holy Ghost. Not even death. A Holy Ghost filled believer can speak to a Storm, just as Jesus did and speak Peace be still and it must be still. That is the Word of God, Guno. Operating in the supernatural is the normal Christian life.

A quick word to Ashtara, I believe it is sufficient to say that those following other gods, goddesses, practitioners of the occult, etc, seem to be more aware of the supernatural than many believers are. Although not all believers because God always has a remnant. While I do not deny that what you claim is true to an extent - alignment of will with a baal demon for instance would bring about curses - car accidents, sudden death, etc on intended victims if the practitioner is a genuine worker of satan - of course these things could happen to people due to their being unaware of what danger there is in being out from under the protective covering of the Blood of Jesus Christ - however, Ashtara, what would it profit you to even gain the whole world through such methods if it results in your losing your own soul? For all eternity? Have you thought this through?

There are no rulers in hell, Ashtara! Only humans cruelly tormented by the same demons they summoned and had power to command here on earth - yes - for all eternity they will be tormented by these demons because they believed Satans lies when he promised to reward them with rulership in hell for their service to him here on earth.

I urge you to please buy the book, Divine Revelation of hell by Mary K. Baxter and realize that no matter what these "beings" ( demons ) have told you, promised you, they will never keep those promises but they will tell you otherwise while you are on the earth because how else could they get you to serve them? Do not be surprised that Satan could present himself as angel of light - even beautiful - because truly he can do it!

Oh! You are so loved by God and I pray you will listen and not allow yourself to be robbed of the one thing Satan cannot ever attain! Heaven! He is so jealous of you, precious one, because he knows you still have the chance to turn and repent and recieve Jesus as your savior - gaining eternal life in heaven! He has lost his chance! He hates you with a perfect hatred, Ashtara! He hates all Gods creation because he hates God Almighty! His intention is to wound the heart of God and that is why he is so determined to take all mankind to hell with him and his fallen angels! Do not let him do it! Do not let him do it!

God loves you! Jesus died on the cross for your sins! Not Lileth! Not Molech! Not Dagon! Not Baal! No! Jesus died on the cross for your sins and no matter what you have done, no matter what you have done you can be forgiven this very day. Come to the Lord now while you can, Ashtara! Don't delay! God loves you! So do I! Do not let yourself be decieved like this! Free yourself from grip of Satan this day and with Christ by your side, the gates of hell shall not prevail against you. Come to Jesus today, Ashtara. He loves you and so do I. Do it right now.

- Jeremiah
Ashtara, perhaps you missed my response to you. It is right after my response to Guno. Please read it and know that although the Love of God is repulsive to you right now? It is the only thing that can save you. Jesus Christ is the Love of God. There is no greater demonstration of God's love than Jesus Christ dying on the cross for your sins. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

- Jeremiah

Last edited:

Wouldn't you be willing to die for your son if your son was perishing and that was the only way that he could be kept alive?

Of course, then I'd be dead. So according to that theory, god is dead.

Then you clearly missed to good news in the story

Do they tell you what they'd like for their birthday? Yes, they do. If our earthly fathers know how to give good gifts and do not give their children a snake or a stone when they ask for bread how much more so would our heavenly father give to his children who ask Him for the bread of Life? Did not Jesus say, you have not because you ask not?

I tell you that is what He said and more.... Furthermore, Jesus gave us this promise.. He said, If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. - Matthew 15: 7

So abide in Christ, let Christ's Words abide in you and then ask what you will and He shall surely do it.

Have you not Christ? If you do not have eternal life come to the foot of the cross and accept His pardon today. There is no other way, friend. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through His Son. Is your name written in the Lambs Book of Life? Let today be the day. Today is the day of salvation. Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it but to save it. Come to Jesus.

Not anymore. My youngest grandchild is in high school. But when they did, they began with the idea that I didn't already know what they wanted, which was a fair guess since I am not omniscient. The notion that if we did not ask for bread that God would not know that is what we needed demonstrates a rather low opinion of God. Did your children need to tell you they needed food for you to know that? Are you more aware than God?

As to the rest, no thank you. In my entire life I have never understood why Christianity would appeal to anyone. This is not due to ignorance of the tenets of the religion, nor ignorance of the teachings of Jesus (which has little to do with the religion as practiced), but rather in simply not getting why anyone would find any comfort in it. If I can only reach God in this way, then I have no desire to ever reach God. Such a God is not worth reaching. Just my take of course. Obviously other people see it entirely differently and my way is not the only way. There are as many ways as there are minds.

Then you clearly missed to good news in the story

Not at all. I would glady die for my children. But then, I'd be dead. So if God died for his son,,,god is dead.

Forum List

Back