Does God answer prayer?

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
In another discussion about this, someone claimed that since not all prayer request were granted, that prayer is useless. Consider this. Many people apply for disability benefits. Not all receive them. Does this mean that we should not even apply for benefits? God DOES answer prayer. Sometimes, the answer is no. Doesn't mean we shouldn't ask.

• Banned
Another thing to think about. There have been many examples of people who the doctors have given up on. "Sorry, son. You're gonna die. Nothing we can do" Many of these people survived because others prayed for their recovery. There are many examples of such miraculous recoveries. Doctors can't explain them.

Another thing to think about. There have been many examples of people who the doctors have given up on. "Sorry, son. You're gonna die. Nothing we can do" Many of these people survived because others prayed for their recovery. There are many examples of such miraculous recoveries. Doctors can't explain them.

Yep, most definitely and without a doubt.

In another discussion about this, someone claimed that since not all prayer request were granted, that prayer is useless. Consider this. Many people apply for disability benefits. Not all receive them. Does this mean that we should not even apply for benefits? God DOES answer prayer. Sometimes, the answer is no. Doesn't mean we shouldn't ask.
But we have evidence that people have gotten disability benefits.

Does God answer prayers?

I my case yes but I believe God is sarcastic when it does...

But we have evidence that people have gotten disability benefits.

The benefits is our society helping its disabled in a world where there's no god to heal them of that disability.

Does God answer prayers?

I my case yes but I believe God is sarcastic when it does...
God never said He would give us what we want. Only what we need.

For what it is worth, most studies have found the answer to be: no.

I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and a nice cozy heater. I'd say my prayers have been answered.

Forum List

Back