Does Mike Pence believe in evolution? Apparently not...

Denying evolution is the modern day equivalent of denying the Earth revolves around the Sun.

It just makes the deniers look like morons who have confused their egos with God's.

I questioned the THEORY of evolution when they said we evolved from the Apes. My question was, why are there still apes?
We didn't evolve from apes.

Well, that's what scientists say - but take a close look at NaziCons.

Denying evolution is the modern day equivalent of denying the Earth revolves around the Sun.

It just makes the deniers look like morons who have confused their egos with God's.

I questioned the THEORY of evolution when they said we evolved from the Apes. My question was, why are there still apes?
We didn't evolve from apes.
like the instructor says

4ccc52dc8492c61f89824748eddc8ebb.jpg

Ethics and morality predate religion; therefore, right and wrong do not depend on religious beliefs.
False premise leading to a faulty conclusion.

I seriously doubt ethics and morality predate religion.

No one claims we evolved from apes, save ignorant detractors.

Humans and other great apes evolved from a common ancestor. This is a distinct proposition from claiming we evolved from apes.

He had trouble answering a question on the topic in 2009.

While it’s anyone’s guess what presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump thinks about evolution, his rumored running mate apparently doesn’t think it’s real.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), whom Trump has allegedly selected to be his vice presidential running mate, struggled to answer questions about evolution during a 2009 interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. At the time, Pence was a congressman representing Indiana’s 6th District.

Matthews repeatedly asked if he believed in evolution, which the scientific community widely accepts as fact. Pence would not outright answer the question, but implied that he instead subscribes to creationism.

MATTHEWS: Okay, you want to educate the American people about science and its relevance today. Do you believe in evolution, sir?

PENCE: Do I believe in evolution? I embrace the view that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them.

MATTHEWS: Right. But do you believe in evolution as the way he did it?

PENCE: The means, Chris, that he used to do that, I can’t say. But I do believe in that fundamental truth.

Pence has stayed silent on the topic since then, and his office didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment on his current views.

Trump has also not made his views on the issue clear. While most of his rivals during the GOP primary either flatly rejected evolution or claimed they didn’t have the scientific knowledge to make that call, Trump has been silent on what he believes.

A debate prep memo penned by ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone ahead of the first GOP debate last year, however, coached Trump to say he “believes in both” creationism and evolution if asked.

Mike Pence Apparently Doesn't Believe In Evolution

Trump and Pence will be forced to address these questions - and give straight answers!

What about gay people? Did they evolve with the inability to procreate because that sure is antithetical to evolution. You are one sad lakota.

They would like to supplant the Constitution with their egos, not with the Bible. That's the whole problem.

The only ones supplanting the Constitution are you leftist dims, G-Tard.

Obama tries to outlaw speech, Obama tries to outlaw religion, Obama tries to outlaw gun ownership, Obama spies with drones and electronic surveillance into the homes of the people.

It's you far left dumbocrats attacking civil right, G-Tard.

It wasn't the Bible which kept people in denial about the Earth revolving around the Sun. It was their egos. Just so with evolution.

It was civil leaders, the Pope.

Faith is all about acquiring humility. The more humble one becomes, the more beautiful life, people, and the Universe become.

Do you pray to Obama that you'll be more obedient to him, G-Tard?

Various breeds of flowers and plants have been created by starting with one kind of plant, taking the ones which have a characteristic you want to amplify, and breeding them. Then taking the ones which have the best, and breeding them. Then continuing this process until, voila, a new kind of flower or plant.

And yet we still have the original plant.

This is also done with animals. We've fucked with chickens like you wouldn't believe.

A mutation does not retroactively eliminate its ancestors. It's a new branch off the genetic tree. The source limb continues on quite a lot of the time.

Evolution is a fact.

That said, selective breeding is not evolution. Evolution presupposes mutation in accordance to environmental factors to provide as species with an advantage, such as white fur in cold climates or thumbs for using tools.

He had trouble answering a question on the topic in 2009.

While it’s anyone’s guess what presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump thinks about evolution, his rumored running mate apparently doesn’t think it’s real.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), whom Trump has allegedly selected to be his vice presidential running mate, struggled to answer questions about evolution during a 2009 interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. At the time, Pence was a congressman representing Indiana’s 6th District.

Matthews repeatedly asked if he believed in evolution, which the scientific community widely accepts as fact. Pence would not outright answer the question, but implied that he instead subscribes to creationism.

MATTHEWS: Okay, you want to educate the American people about science and its relevance today. Do you believe in evolution, sir?

PENCE: Do I believe in evolution? I embrace the view that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them.

MATTHEWS: Right. But do you believe in evolution as the way he did it?

PENCE: The means, Chris, that he used to do that, I can’t say. But I do believe in that fundamental truth.

Pence has stayed silent on the topic since then, and his office didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment on his current views.

Trump has also not made his views on the issue clear. While most of his rivals during the GOP primary either flatly rejected evolution or claimed they didn’t have the scientific knowledge to make that call, Trump has been silent on what he believes.

A debate prep memo penned by ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone ahead of the first GOP debate last year, however, coached Trump to say he “believes in both” creationism and evolution if asked.

Mike Pence Apparently Doesn't Believe In Evolution

Trump and Pence will be forced to address these questions - and give straight answers!

What about gay people? Did they evolve with the inability to procreate because that sure is antithetical to evolution. You are one sad lakota.

Funny. You seem obsessed with gay people. Maybe you're just a frustrated homo. Come out of the closet and you'll be much happier.

Ethics and morality predate religion; therefore, right and wrong do not depend on religious beliefs.

Is that etched into your colon walls, ShittingBull?

Do you think that you of the left have evolved passed ethics and morality?

Of course you are wrong - as always. Ethics is a purely man made construct. A wolf has no ethics against killing or stealing. A dog does because man imposes the ethics on them. If they go feral, back to the natural state, dogs lose their ethos.

Actually, I do think homosexuality is an evolutionary kill switch; a method to weed out undesirable genes from the species.

It's natures little way of saying "get the fuck out of the gene pool."

Of course you are wrong - as always. Ethics is a purely man made construct. A wolf has no ethics against killing or stealing. A dog does because man imposes the ethics on them. If they go feral, back to the natural state, dogs lose their ethos.

Why do animals care for and protect their young? Apes are particularly interesting.

Actually, I do think homosexuality is an evolutionary kill switch; a method to weed out undesirable genes from the species.

It's natures little way of saying "get the fuck out of the gene pool."

That's interesting. I've never considered that before.

[

Why do animals care for and protect their young?

Why do lower mammals routinely kill their young?

In both cases it is the instinct to ensure the survival of the species. A cat kills weak kittens because they weaken the genetic chain. The cat does this based on instinct written into the genetic code.

Why do animals care for and protect their young? Apes are particularly interesting.

They don't always. There is a swan in Africa that favors the stronger of the two siblings and refuses to feed the weaker to enable the stronger.

They don't always. There is a swan in Africa that favors the stronger of the two siblings and refuses to feed the weaker to enable the stronger.

In their world - that doesn't seem unusual. The species must survive. It's called survival instinct - perpetuation of the species.

Because they are an investment and a property.

You can only live on through your progeny.

Not all animals actually do nurture their young to maturity though.

Forum List

Back