Does This Mean That The Jews Are The Antichrists?

Well, your title to your OP is a little confusing. You use the word "Antichrists" plural, but capitalize the "A" as if you are hinting towards The Antichrist.

Anyone who denies Christ is anti-Christ. Plain and simple. And there is one way to fix that status which is to accept Christ. :biggrin:

On the other hand, there is a specific individual who is called "The Antichrist" and who is also referred to as The Assyrian. He will deceive all those who are anti-christ into believing that he is God and should be worshiped instead of God.

The site (usmb) arranges the lettering of titles as it sees fit, but there is no "the Antichrist" according to the Bible. THAT IS MADE UP DOCTRINE. The Bible plainly states that anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah is the antichrist and that is obviously VERY MANY PEOPLE.

IF only 144,000 of the Jews will be saved THEN ALL JEWS ARE NOT PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE SPECIALLY REVERED. The rest of them (the rest other than the 144,000,) and anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah are antichrists.

The New Testament was written during a time of political turmoil between 30 and 70 years after the events it describes and, in my opinion, must be taken with a BIG grain of salt.

Well it says that Jesus said that the kingdom of God is within...

We Jews don't believe Jesus was the Jewish Messiah because of Jewish messianic prophecies detailing what the messiah will be and do. Not out of any personal grudge or 'we don't like this Jesus guy.'

Can read all the scriptural evidence proving Jesus was NOT the prophecized Jewish messiah here (fair warning, if Christian, probably shouldn't read it, will only only make ya hate yourself for being stupid:)

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

Of course not, he was into peace , not preemptive wars.

The New Testament was written during a time of political turmoil between 30 and 70 years after the events it describes and, in my opinion, must be taken with a BIG grain of salt.

That's Gospel of Thomas, not canonized NT actually. Worth a read, hear it quoted in movies from time to time:
Apocrypha Gospel of Thomas Interfaith

77 Jesus said, “I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.

Split a piece of wood; I am there.

Lift up the stone, and you will find me there.”

That's Gospel of Thomas, not canonized NT actually. Worth a read, hear it quoted in movies from time to time:

77 Jesus said, “I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.

No, that statement is in the KJV.

No, that statement is in the KJV.

Might be, some canons include the apocrypha like Gospel fo Thomas, some (Protestant versions namely) don't. Catholics, Mormons, and others use the KJV, Baptists and others don't, or use versions of KJV minus the gnostic and apocryphal texts. Eithiopian Orthodox use everything and remain the most inclusive branch of Christianity.

We Jews don't believe Jesus was the Jewish Messiah because of Jewish messianic prophecies detailing what the messiah will be and do. Not out of any personal grudge or 'we don't like this Jesus guy.'

Can read all the scriptural evidence proving Jesus was NOT the prophecized Jewish messiah here (fair warning, if Christian, probably shouldn't read it, will only only make ya hate yourself for being stupid:)

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

Of course not, he was into peace , not preemptive wars.

Jesus was a HILLEL man-----typical Pharisee----there is no evidence that he was
anti-war. In fact he was crucified for
his rebellion against rome. His chasing of the "money changers" in the temple courtyard was a spit in the face of rome

My point being: So what?

Obama said you can keep your health plan. Said it with authority too. So what?

Why should any of us hold The New Testament (or any of the three ancient stories that describe The God of Abraham) in any more esteem than a Steven King novel?

Well, your title to your OP is a little confusing. You use the word "Antichrists" plural, but capitalize the "A" as if you are hinting towards The Antichrist.

Anyone who denies Christ is anti-Christ. Plain and simple. And there is one way to fix that status which is to accept Christ. :biggrin:

On the other hand, there is a specific individual who is called "The Antichrist" and who is also referred to as The Assyrian. He will deceive all those who are anti-christ into believing that he is God and should be worshiped instead of God.

The site (usmb) arranges the lettering of titles as it sees fit, but there is no "the Antichrist" according to the Bible. THAT IS MADE UP DOCTRINE. The Bible plainly states that anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah is the antichrist and that is obviously VERY MANY PEOPLE.

IF only 144,000 of the Jews will be saved THEN ALL JEWS ARE NOT PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE SPECIALLY REVERED. The rest of them (the rest other than the 144,000,) and anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah are antichrists.

No where in the Bible does it say we are to revere Jews. No where does it say that only 144,000 Jews will be left alive. The anti-christ is clearly defined in the Bible. He is a man and a political leader. Mortal head wound and all.
And Joe, Christ, who has been with God from the beginning, calls Him Father. You can too. :)

I know that I can... the question that hangs is why should I?

If God is, I believe that She's way bigger than ALL the ancient stories, let alone any one of them.

How can the ancient stories possibly be the last word on God?

If The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran is indeed 'God The Father', He has some serious explaining to do about the dysfunctional and bloody relationship that is the history of the three competing ancient stories that claim to be pathways to His presence.

Why should any of us hold The New Testament (or any of the three ancient stories that describe The God of Abraham) in any more esteem than a Steven King novel?

I'm not even sure that that post was a reply to you...you may be entering into two other peoples conversation...but anyway I never said that anyone who doesn't believe in the New Testament has to believe in it; I'm NOT a Bible-believer myself (I don't believe in the Bible.) I just discuss religion because religion interests me.

Last edited:

Because the Bible is historically accurate. Let's start with the 40 Kings mentioned in Kings. Have we found proof of any of them actually having a place in historical fact?

What really happened to Sodom and Gomorrah?
Did the "tale" of darkness for 3 hours while Christ hung on the cross really happen? Any proof? Do you have philosophers contemplating Tommy knockers after they tried to figure out why the earth went dark at noon?

Why did Pilate call a meeting at the Temple 3 days after Christ died on the cross?
Any proof?

Did Hagar really give birth to a child/religion that would have his hand against everybody? Do we see any evidence of that in modern society?

Will the European countries really unite?
Does America capitulate to UN treaties and laws? If not, why do we keep signing them?
Any sign of Israel becoming a country in a day? Did America become a country in a day?
Anything in modern society that would make you believe a prophesy like, Israel will be surrounded by it's enemies?

Has anyone heard anything about an Israeli peace treaty laid out in the Bible thousands of years ago? Or the outcome of such a treaty? It's length? How it will be broken? Why it will be broken? By whom, and by what action?

And Joe, if I tell you the answers concerning the treaty and you see it happen, what excuse will you have for Bible readers knowing the results before CNN?

No where in the Bible does it say we are to revere Jews. No where does it say that only 144,000 Jews will be left alive. The anti-christ is clearly defined in the Bible. He is a man and a political leader. Mortal head wound and all.
And Joe, Christ, who has been with God from the beginning, calls Him Father. You can too. :)

Rev. 7 says that only 144,000 of the Jews will be saved from the destruction of the planet. Therefore, ALL JEWS ARE NOT SPECIAL PEOPLE.

...I challenge you to show where in the Bible "The anti-christ is clearly defined...He is a man and a political leader. Mortal head wound and all," liar!

I find it interesting that Jesus was a hillel man. I read books because some of them
are interesting.

Jesus and god - in the bible - are either 2 separate entities or Jesus is a schizophrenic. Father, why hast thou forsaken me?

Well, why ask?

Just more reasons that religions are derp shit.

Nope. Some things are just mysteries.

That's a bit of a cop out to be honest. It keeps us from having to ask ourselves the really hard questions when we can just say "God works in mysterious ways" or "It doesn't need to make sense because God" or some other variation thereof.

That is incorrect. I44,000 MESSIANIC Jews will be sealed with the same mark God sealed Cain with. There will be 12,000 from each tribe, and they will not be able to be harmed during the tribulation. No where does it say that the Jews will be wiped off the earth except for the 144,000. In fact they are not those who run to the safety of the Mt. of Olives when Christ touches down. They have no need to run. They are sealed. And they are not the Jews that run to Petra of all places and find safety. Jordon is set aside by God, and another place the anti-christ can't overcome. The 144,000 are Jews who boldly preach Christ, and will bring more to Christ than Christianity has in 2,000 years.

As for the antiChrist:
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains (the Holy Spirit) will do so UNTIL He is taken out of the way. And THEN the lawless one (Antichrist) will be revealed whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs (miracles), and lying wonders"
(2 Thessalonians 2:7-9)
Here is what we know of Him and can recognize him by thanks to prophecy:
- He will be indwelt and empowered by Satan
- He will rise to power first over 3 and then 10 nations
- He will somehow be 'diverse from the rest' so we are not certain he will be European
- He will bring 'peace', yet conquer through treaties and war
- He will be very, very popular around the world
- He will speak blasphemies against the God of gods
- He will not regard "the desire of women"
- He will be a great talker and speech maker
- He will likely be charismatic and physically attractive ... like King Saul
- He will receive what appears to be a fatal wound to the head
- He will appear to be resurrected from the dead
- His right eye may be blinded and his arm completely withered
- He will enforce a "peace" plan or resolution (covenant) upon nation Israel
- He may help to get the new Jewish Temple built in Jerusalem
- He will appear to perform miracles ("lying signs and wonders")
- He will require that everybody on Earth receive a mark or identification on their forehead or hand and nobody will legally be able to buy or sell without it
- He will stand in a new Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and declare he is "God"
- Unspeakable terror and war will then engulf Earth for exactly 3½ years (1260 days)
- He will direct the slaughter of millions of Christians and Jews who come to know the Lord
- He will lead the armies of the world into Israel . . . Armageddon.

So you'll recognize

That is incorrect. I44,000 MESSIANIC Jews will be sealed with the same mark God sealed Cain with. There will be 12,000 from each tribe, and they will not be able to be harmed during the tribulation. No where does it say that the Jews will be wiped off the earth except for the 144,000. In fact they are not those who run to the safety of the Mt. of Olives when Christ touches down. They have no need to run. They are sealed. And they are not the Jews that run to Petra of all places and find safety. Jordon is set aside by God, and another place the anti-christ can't overcome. The 144,000 are Jews who boldly preach Christ, and will bring more to Christ than Christianity has in 2,000 years.

As for the antiChrist:
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains (the Holy Spirit) will do so UNTIL He is taken out of the way. And THEN the lawless one (Antichrist) will be revealed whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs (miracles), and lying wonders"
(2 Thessalonians 2:7-9)
Here is what we know of Him and can recognize him by thanks to prophecy:
- He will be indwelt and empowered by Satan
- He will rise to power first over 3 and then 10 nations
- He will somehow be 'diverse from the rest' so we are not certain he will be European
- He will bring 'peace', yet conquer through treaties and war
- He will be very, very popular around the world
- He will speak blasphemies against the God of gods
- He will not regard "the desire of women"
- He will be a great talker and speech maker
- He will likely be charismatic and physically attractive ... like King Saul
- He will receive what appears to be a fatal wound to the head
- He will appear to be resurrected from the dead
- His right eye may be blinded and his arm completely withered
- He will enforce a "peace" plan or resolution (covenant) upon nation Israel
- He may help to get the new Jewish Temple built in Jerusalem
- He will appear to perform miracles ("lying signs and wonders")
- He will require that everybody on Earth receive a mark or identification on their forehead or hand and nobody will legally be able to buy or sell without it
- He will stand in a new Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and declare he is "God"
- Unspeakable terror and war will then engulf Earth for exactly 3½ years (1260 days)
- He will direct the slaughter of millions of Christians and Jews who come to know the Lord
- He will lead the armies of the world into Israel . . . Armageddon.

So you'll recognize

B.S., you LIAR! Here is Rev. 7:

Revelation 7
New International Version (NIV)

144,000 Sealed
7 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,

from the tribe of Gad 12,000,

6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000,

from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,

from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,

7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,

from the tribe of Levi 12,000,

from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,

8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,

from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,

from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

The Great Multitude in White Robes
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

11 All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!”

13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,

“they are before the throne of God
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne
will shelter them with his presence.
16 ‘Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat down on them,’
nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne
will be their shepherd;
‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’
‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

THAT MAKES 144,000 JEWS; ALL JEWS ARE NOT SPECIAL PEOPLE!

Jesus and god - in the bible - are either 2 separate entities or Jesus is a schizophrenic. Father, why hast thou forsaken me?

Well, why ask?

Just more reasons that religions are derp shit.

Nope. Some things are just mysteries.

That's a bit of a cop out to be honest. It keeps us from having to ask ourselves the really hard questions when we can just say "God works in mysterious ways" or "It doesn't need to make sense because God" or some other variation thereof.

What is harder: to accept a "proven fact" or accept that frankly it's beyond one's ability to understand it? And no: it's not a cop out at all. It means one spends one's life trying to understand and live up to it...and failing miserably a lot of the time. mate; nothing bloody cop out about it; it's "cop in" if anything.

Greg

Forum List

Back