DOJ to Supreme Court: Killing Human Embryo in Womb is Not Abortion

It's such a shame all you pro death people weren't aborted. I'm agnostic, this has nothing to do with religion, but it does require one to have morals, ethics, and principles, which all of you seem to be missing from your genetic code!

You're such a moralist that YOU wish death on others.

How nice for you. :)

And what would you have us do with people that would willingly murder? Incarcerate them for life, perhaps? You're so easy to slap around, matter of fact all you pro death people are.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

This is entertaining, watching the heathens try to justify what is wrong morally!

Heathens?

Why would someone who allegedly doesn't believe in God use a term like "heathens"?

Busted!

:lol:

It wouldn't come to that, I give women way more credit than you do in the brains department. Perhaps a few might be incarcerated for a specific time, but, as with all new laws, there is a period of adjustment where they realize that killing a thriving baby inside them, no matter what stage of development it's in, is murder, and a consequences has to be paid.

So when you outlaw abortion you are going to give women the death penalty? After all it would be "premeditated murder" under the current laws. Prior to RvW women were still having abortions. What makes you believe that they will stop just because you threaten them with the death penalty? You are alleging that it is a "deterrent" while on the gun threads they insist that the death penalty is not a deterrent. So are you telling the NRA that they are wrong and that they should embrace all of these background checks and other laws that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill?

They have virtual reality games online he can set this up and see how it works. If successful once he gains ultimate power all women will be in trouble. :lol:

Yup! I can just see them quaking at the very thought of it! :lol:

Well what the fuck is it Holder? I know, just a bunch of cells...that becomes what each and everyone of us are, a human being! The cruelty and degradation of humanity is startling!

The U.S. Justice Department is telling the Supreme Court that killing a human embryo by preventing the embryo from implanting in his or her mother’s uterus is not an “abortion” and, thus, drugs that kill embryos this way are not “abortion-inducing” drugs. On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the case of Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby. The crux of the administration’s argument in this case is that when Christians form a corporation they give up the right to freely exercise their religion—n.b. live according to their Christian beliefs—in the way they run their business.....

DOJ to Supreme Court: Killing Human Embryo in Womb is Not Abortion | CNS News

Hobby Lobby shouldn't be making decisions about women's healthcare.

Neither, by the way, should the government.

And RELIGION, with respect to the law, should only be a factor when protecting the freedom to worship.

That's it.

Dear Sallow:
the same way people don't all agree what "the right to bear arms" refers to,
obviously people don't agree on what "religious free exercise" refers to either.

For the GOVT to DICTATE the degrees or applications of religious exercise and freedom,
isn't THAT govt regulating religion? if govt is in charge of dictating how to interpret laws?

this should NOT be given by top down, like a Pope preaching from the bench to the people what to believe and what is life or what is not.

Govt officials are NOT supposed to act as a divine ruler.

In cases of religious beliefs, clearly people need to reach an agreement on a local level,
in order to KEEP THESE ISSUES OUT OF GOVT JURISDICTION.

If the people AGREE on a policy, THEN we can make laws or rulings reflecting that agreement among people BEFORE we call that govt authority or public laws and contracts.

The Govt cannot be in the business of dictating religious decision FOR the people,
that's backwards.

The problem is people are NOT resolving our religious conflicts in private where these matters belong. So people keep pushing these conflicts into the legal and political realm, where they become govt issues. This is the #1 sign that govt is overreaching jursidiction.

If we are debating religious issues over abortion, when does life begin, who has the right to object, etc. govt should NOT be involved in that level of our lives where these issues come up at all.

Sallow, if you really want govt to only have a say in allowing "freedom of religious worship" that's fine -- then ALL THESE ISSUES that touch on religious beliefs (gay marriage, death penalty, abortion etc.) should also NOT BE IN GOVT HANDS.

and then Govt will not have to interfere or intervene in such matters.
Again, this confirms how our Govt was never designed to address personal religious issues.

If activists on the left insist on using Govt to represent and manage these agenda,
that is why I am pushing to separate systems by Party, to avoid this imposition back and forth. If people can't agree, then keep it within one's own Party, and invest taxes directly in those programs. Separate the prochoice and prolife where they don't pay for each other's policies, just like separating Hindus from Muslims or Protestants from Catholics.

Quit taking the agenda of either Democrats or Republicans, liberals or conservatives, and trying to lobby for political points or majority to "impose" this policy on everyone else including those who disagree. why can't we treat and respect political beliefs equally as religious beliefs, and quit imposing back and forth. We wouldn't force pork on Muslims, or meat on Vegans; why do we force birth control policies on people who don't believe in that "for whatever reason, scientific or religious or what." We even let Atheists sue to remove a cross from a building deemed to offend ONE person. Why can't we respect prolife views?

Why aren't those equally protected as any other beliefs we don't ask to prove or justify?

The idiot who wrote that article, and the OP pushing it are too stupid to understand in the rare, one in 100 million, if it happens, fertilized egg that may be prevented from implanting -- would be a zygote or blastocyst. Not an embryo.

Plan B isn't abortion, language abusing zealots.

Thanks for posting this FACT but don't expect it to change anyone's mind.

Luddly, would you abort kittens?

1. It infuriates me more than I can say that anyone would say a kitten's life is equal to that of a human being. SHAME ON YOU. If you had ever lost a baby, you just MIGHT get a frikken clue. I adore cats but cats are not human beings and you're an incredibly insensitive and insufferable asshole to say they are.

2. Your question has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the OP, which is NOT abortion.

3. Cat's eggs are also absorbed and/or flushed through the body when impregnation does not take place.

2. I have aborted cat and dog litters and would again, in a flash, because it is the welfare of the animal that I put before my own desire. I would do whatever I had to in order to stop starvation, abuse and homeless animals.

You side with tissue over human beings.

You already wished I did not exsist along woith many other humans your talking to .
YOU are not moral

I side with life for the innocent, YOU haven't been innocent in decades!

But since you want kill, I do wish you dispatched, as I would want any other cold blooded killer! How many have you killed? You're such a moral person, I'd be interested!

You're such a moralist that YOU wish death on others.

How nice for you. :)

And what would you have us do with people that would willingly murder? Incarcerate them for life, perhaps? You're so easy to slap around, matter of fact all you pro death people are.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

This is entertaining, watching the heathens try to justify what is wrong morally!

Heathens?

Why would someone who allegedly doesn't believe in God use a term like "heathens"?

Busted!

:lol:

That was too easy. He is so full of shite he reminds me of Jabba the Hut. :lol:

Well what the fuck is it Holder? I know, just a bunch of cells...that becomes what each and everyone of us are, a human being! The cruelty and degradation of humanity is startling!

Ignorant nonsense and hyperbole.

If you want to understand the government’s position on the issue, then read its actual court filings, not the lies and spin of a rightwing website.

As the government correctly stated:

Respondents refer to the drugs and devices to which they object as “abortifacients,” e.g., Resp. Br. 15, and their religious view of what constitutes abortion is of course entitled to respect. Nonetheless, as the government has explained, see Br. 10 n.4, these drugs and devices do not cause abortions within the meaning of longstanding federal law. As the Institute of Medicine explained, one benefit of access to all FDA-approved contraceptives is that they reduce the incidence of abortion. Inst. of Med., Clinical Pre-ventive Services for Women: Closing the Gaps 105 (2011); see 78 Fed. Reg. at 39,872.

http://sblog.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/13-354rbUnitedStates1.pdf

And the government’s position as reviewed by SCOTUBlog last week:

The Obama administration’s merits brief in Hobby Lobby focused on the RFRA claim, and its separate brief in the Conestoga case sought to answer claims under both RFRA and the First Amendment.

In each filing, the government made the same basic points: profit-making businesses do not “exercise” religion at all, for purposes of either federal law or the Constitution; the mandate only applies to corporations and not to their owners and, in any event, corporations law treats the business separate from the owner; and, even if the mandate did have to satisfy a compelling government interest, it does so by assuring that female workers have access to an important health benefit as part of a comprehensive health insurance scheme.

The contraceptive coverage requirement, according to the government, is a neutral obligation that applies to profit-making businesses in general, and does not target any religious exercise. The exemptions that have been provided for other businesses — those whose plans are “grandfathered” and thus do not immediately have to obey the mandate — will only exist in a phased sequence, and that alone is not enough to deprive the mandate of its neutral character, the U.S. brief said.

In passing RFRA, the brief contended, Congress did not intend to “uniquely disable the government by working a dramatic expansion” of the claims for exemption based on religious liberty. Besides, it added, there has not been a single decision by the Supreme Court that struck down a federal law — or required an exemption to it — on the theory that that was necessary “to protect the rights of a for-profit corporation or of the owners, managers, or directors of the corporation.”

Argument preview: Religion, rights, and the workplace : SCOTUSblog
Clearly the notion that this provision of the ACA ‘violates’ religious freedom is false, unfounded, and predicated solely on partisanism, where the issue concerns only subjective, unwarranted hostility toward the Obama Administration, having nothing to do whatsoever with the merits of the ACA or facts of law.

How about a woman? After all isn't she complicit in this "murder" since she provided the "victim"? Are you going to insist upon the death penalty for 1 million women per year? Is that what will make you happy?

It wouldn't come to that, I give women way more credit than you do in the brains department. Perhaps a few might be incarcerated for a specific time, but, as with all new laws, there is a period of adjustment where they realize that killing a thriving baby inside them, no matter what stage of development it's in, is murder, and a consequences has to be paid.

Good thing you don't have a ounce of influence or power. You are a fruitcake packed with too much nut.

I'm frustrating you, I can see you going off the deep end! Oh my! :badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back