Dollar Tree is closing nearly 400 more Family Dollar stores.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Some will remain closed and others will be reopened as Dollar Tree stores.

New York (CNN Business)Family Dollar will close 390 stores this year — one of many big changes the discount retailer hopes will help reverse its fortunes.

The chain courts low-income shoppers with an array of items sold for under $10 at its more than 8,000 stores. It is owned by the Dollar Tree, which operates an eponymous chain of 7,000 other stores in suburban areas. Dollar Tree stores cater to customers who make more than Family Dollar customers do, but all of their products sell for only $1.

Dollar Tree bought Family Dollar in 2015 for $8.5 billion. The combined company hoped that by joining forces, it could grow its customer base, reduce costs and fend off bigger retailers like Dollar General (DG) and Walmart (WMT).

Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores - CNN

Not surprising. Dollar General is pretty much inundating the market with competing stores.

America has become so great with St Trumpy at the helm that we don’t need those dollar stores no more.

Heil St Trumpy!

If I'm going to shop at a dollar store, it needs to be a dollar store. Family Dollar, Dollar General, those stores are lies. :p
No they are not! They just carry other items as well.
But Dollar General is one of the best bargain stores in the country.

Wal Mart's biggest competition in selling us Chinese imports.
737.jpg

Not surprising. Dollar General is pretty much inundating the market with competing stores.

Because Dollar General is REALLY a low priced bargain store.
They are great.
Never shopped there. I get my Tide and fabric softener from Dollar General, though.
Some will remain closed and others will be reopened as Dollar Tree stores.

New York (CNN Business)Family Dollar will close 390 stores this year — one of many big changes the discount retailer hopes will help reverse its fortunes.

The chain courts low-income shoppers with an array of items sold for under $10 at its more than 8,000 stores. It is owned by the Dollar Tree, which operates an eponymous chain of 7,000 other stores in suburban areas. Dollar Tree stores cater to customers who make more than Family Dollar customers do, but all of their products sell for only $1.

Dollar Tree bought Family Dollar in 2015 for $8.5 billion. The combined company hoped that by joining forces, it could grow its customer base, reduce costs and fend off bigger retailers like Dollar General (DG) and Walmart (WMT).

Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores - CNN

Dollar General has them ALL beat. With prices, selection, and quality.

They are great.
what ever happened to the 5&dime stores?
~S~
They're keeping a lot contractors busy remodeling old stores and building new ones. The main reason they're remodeling is to improve the surveillance camera locations because of a huge shoplifting issue. And they're all installing the exit scanner-alarms and putting anti-theft stickers on a bunch of items.

They are great.
what ever happened to the 5&dime stores?
~S~
They're keeping a lot contractors busy remodeling old stores and building new ones. The main reason they're remodeling is to improve the surveillance camera locations because of a huge shoplifting issue. And they're all installing the exit scanner-alarms and putting anti-theft stickers on a bunch of items.

They have over 15 Thousand stores

The first thing "Dollar Tree" needs to do is to fire the guy who thought it was a good idea to buy "Family Dollar" when the store was dying in 2015. Why is this in the political forum anyway?

If I'm going to shop at a dollar store, it needs to be a dollar store. Family Dollar, Dollar General, those stores are lies. :p

I don't care what they carry. If it costs more than a dollar, it's not a dollar store. :lol:

Sure are lots and lots of companies going under. Those that are around seem to continually merge. Not good for consumers....

I went into a Dollar General a few weeks ago for the first time in like a decade and I was very impressed with price and selection.

Forum List

Back