Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

The move has already sparked criticism and legal challenges. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said it plans to file a lawsuit challenging the Louisiana law because it is “blatantly unconstitutional” and violates the “separation of church and state.”

Landry pushed back on the criticism, telling Smith that he “didn’t know that living the Ten Commandments is a bad way to live life.”

“I mean, look, this country was founded on Judeo Christian principles and every time we steer away from that, we have problems in our nation,”
he said.

This is from the person who signed the bill. They're not using it to teach history. They're using it to influence people into practicing Christianity.
The ACLU has made millions suing people for using historical religious symbols, most especially Christian ones. They hardly have the moral standing to make policy.

The ACLU has made millions suing people for using historical religious symbols, most especially Christian ones. They hardly have the moral standing to make policy.
I see no value in posting up The Ten Commandments. Most
people have a general idea as to what they are and the
usual English translation is a little clumsy and REMEMBER---
non-monotheists are people too. ---even atheists are people

This has nothing to do with teaching history.

I've posted quotes from Donald Trump and the governor who signed the bill. You're wrong. You're lying to yourself if you think this is about anything other than promoting Christianity in the classroom. You're welcome to address those quotes any day now.
I do not care what any individual says or how they regard it. I look to the Constitution. You yourself said those ten commandment in the classroom require no agreement, participation, contribution of ANY kind from you. Therefore constitutionally they are legal.

Once again I disagree with the mandate. I don't think anything like that should be mandated by government at any level, not because it violates any law but it is just not good policy. But it can be allowed, even suggested with no violation of the Constitution in any way.

You're welcome to address what the governor said about Christianity. You're welcome to address what Trump said about the bill. They're not promoting it to teach history, they're using this to promote Christianity.

I do not care what any individual says or how they regard it. I look to the Constitution. You yourself said those ten commandment in the classroom require no agreement, participation, contribution of ANY kind from you. Therefore constitutionally they are legal.

Once again I disagree with the mandate. I don't think anything like that should be mandated by government at any level. But it can be allowed, even suggested with no violation of the Constitution in any way.
Fine with me as long as they stick those Ten Commandments right next to verses from the Quran, the Tenets of Satanism, and the Pastafarian Commandments, along with every other goofy religion. Constitutionally, these are just as legal.

Are we in agreement?

Don’t get pissy with me because I disagree with you.

I think your plan is stupid. Separating schools by religion, gay pride acceptance, and political ideologies would be a logistical nightmare, and beyond ridiculous.

I have a better idea. Allow all of the religious bullshit in schools or remove all of it. Your choice. Either is fine with me. Don’t like that? No problem, you can go to a private school.
That's not what I said or even close to it.

What I did say was that the Federal Government should get out of education. States and local school districts are far better positioned to set policy and guidelines for public education. The Federal Government has no standing or business getting involved in it. Allowing open enrollment and the money following the child does wonders for not only improving schools by making them accountable (and we know the only way to make a government agency accountable is through money) but also forcing schools to do what the parents want with regard to education, as well as what's being discussed in this thread. More freedom not less is typically the best answer and getting the Federal Government's big fat nose out of schools is way more freedom.

I see no value in posting up The Ten Commandments. Most
people have a general idea as to what they are and the
usual English translation is a little clumsy and REMEMBER---
non-monotheists are people too. ---even atheists are people
I can see value in teaching honest history and the Ten Commandments can be a valid visual aid in teaching that history just as a quote from Harriet Tubman or Lenin or Confucius or any other historical figures can be useful to understand why our culture has developed the laws we have and/or why we reject certain other concepts that were and/or are legal in other places and cultures.

The JudeoChristian concept is the number one influence on American values, culture, customs and laws from our earliest beginnings to now and there is value in teaching that as honest history. The Ten Commandments is symbolic of that and so long as no student is pressured into incorporating them into their belief system, they are entirely constitutioinal.

I don't think they should be mandated and had I had a vote in that I would have voted against such mandate. But I certainly think they should be allowed if parents and teachers want them there.

Fine with me as long as they stick those Ten Commandments right next to verses from the Quran, the Tenets of Satanism, and the Pastafarian Commandments, along with every other goofy religion. Constitutionally, these are just as legal.

Are we in agreement?
The Quran, the Tenets of Satanism and the Pastafarian Commandments have had and now have no influence of American values, customs, culture or laws. The JudeoChristian concept including what are referred to as 'the Law of Moses' have been critical to the development and evolvement of those values, customs, culture and law.

I can see value in teaching honest history and the Ten Commandments can be a valid visual aid in teaching that history just as a quote from Harriet Tubman or Lenin or Confucius or any other historical figures can be useful to understand why our culture has developed the laws we have and/or why we reject certain other concepts that were and/or are legal in other places and cultures.

The JudeoChristian concept is the number one influence on American values, culture, customs and laws from our earliest beginnings to now and there is value in teaching that as honest history. The Ten Commandments is symbolic of that and so long as no student is pressured into incorporating them into their belief system, they are entirely constitutioinal.

I don't think they should be mandated and had I had a vote in that I would have voted against such mandate. But I certainly think they should be allowed if parents and teachers want them there.
ok-----in the library----not the classroom

The Quran, the Tenets of Satanism and the Pastafarian Commandments have had and now have no influence of American values, customs, culture or laws. The JudeoChristian concept including what are referred to as 'the Law of Moses' have been critical to the development and evolvement of those values, customs, culture and law.
there are HINDUS in our schools------rama not moses

Are we in agreement?
Call your State legislature.

That's not what I said or even close to it.

What I did say was that the Federal Government should get out of education. States and local school districts are far better positioned to set policy and guidelines for public education. The Federal Government has no standing or business getting involved in it. Allowing open enrollment and the money following the child does wonders for not only improving schools by making them accountable (and we know the only way to make a government agency accountable is through money) but also forcing schools to do what the parents want with regard to education, as well as what's being discussed in this thread. More freedom not less is typically the best answer and getting the Federal Government's big fat nose out of schools is way more freedom.
"If you dont want that for your kid they can go to the school of your choice, the money follows the kid. Dont like the 10 Commandments displayed at your school. It's all good Im sure the Pride year school wont have them up. Etc."

So, like I said, you want kids to go to separate schools based on different ideologies. This is a stupid logistical nightmare. The easier option is to just remove all the religious bullshit or allow all of it.

He never said that, liar.

Quote him saying he is trying to influence people into "practicing Christianity"

GO!
Trump has an unfortunate affliction---"HOOF IN MOUTH DISEASE"
His statements must be evaluated with that FACT in mind.
I will vote for him anyway. He seems to DO better than he speaks

"If you dont want that for your kid they can go to the school of your choice, the money follows the kid. Dont like the 10 Commandments displayed at your school. It's all good Im sure the Pride year school wont have them up. Etc."

So, like I said, you want kids to go to separate schools based on different ideologies. This is a stupid logistical nightmare. The easier option is to just remove all the religious bullshit or allow all of it.
It's called an example dumb ass which I used specifically because it was being discussed in this thread. Not my fault you're too dense to follow along.

Constitutionally, does any of that matter?

This is what you said:
"I do not care what any individual says or how they regard it. I look to the Constitution. You yourself said those ten commandment in the classroom require no agreement, participation, contribution of ANY kind from you. Therefore constitutionally they are legal."

It's called an example dumb ass which I used specifically because it was being discussed in this thread. Not my fault you're too dense to follow along.
Don't get pissy with me because I quoted you to make a point. You're the stupid ass who was too dense to realize that telling someone to sacrifice a chicken is kind of weird. Noooo, my response must mean that I don't know what voodoo is. Fucking idiot.

Constitutionally, does any of that matter?

This is what you said:
"I do not care what any individual says or how they regard it. I look to the Constitution. You yourself said those ten commandment in the classroom require no agreement, participation, contribution of ANY kind from you. Therefore constitutionally they are legal."
The Constitution doesn't apply to this situation since Congress made no law establishing a religion, Stupid.

Forum List

Back