🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump feels that loaded weapons should be allowed in elementary schools.

As usual, the gun-rights-haters are missing the biggest benefit of allowing law-abiding adults to carry, including in schools. Sure, you might assign a trained teacher in places. But the greatest benefit comes from bad guys not knowing which adult(s) are armed. You must allow all law-abiding adults to carry. Most still won't bother, but a few will.

And some nutcase planning a Sandy Hook type massacre, hoping for tons of headlines after he's dead, will know that probably a few people nearby are armed... and he won't know which ones. And he knows he probably won't last beyond his first few shots, and so will only get a mention on Page 4 below the ads for cabbage. So he'll be less likely to pull his little scene in the first place.

And there you go. No shots fired, no danger to anyone. And the kids and adults the nutcase would have killed, live on instead.

Doesn't always work, occasionally a nutcase will try it anyway. But often it does cause them to decide not to. It's the best way to save lives anyone has come up with yet.

And the gun-rights-hating liberals are, of course, dead set against it.

You have to wonder why.

Aw Jeez, is that all you got? Other people lied so that means Trump didnt lie. Is that how this works? GWB lied about knowing about 9/11. I guess that means Hilary didnt like because 3000 didnt die! Weeeee
Once again. "at least he hasn't been caught in the serious kind of lies that Hillary has." Hillary's lying has DAMAGED NATIONAL SECURITY irreperably."
Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

Aw Jeez, is that all you got? Other people lied so that means Trump didnt lie. Is that how this works? GWB lied about knowing about 9/11. I guess that means Hilary didnt like because 3000 didnt die! Weeeee
Once again. "at least he hasn't been caught in the serious kind of lies that Hillary has." Hillary's lying has DAMAGED NATIONAL SECURITY irreperably."
Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

GWB lied more that means Hilary didnt lie

And a more logical, no-brainer suggestion has never been made. Sheesh, OF COURSE some teachers should have loaded guns handy, and this fact should be advertised so that every would-be mass shooter or terrorist knows that schools won't be such easy targets anymore.

The Israelis have had armed teachers for years, without problems.

Why do you fear guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens, especially when those guns could enable those citizens to save lives?

Let me tell you: Your brainwashed brain might not be able to handle such common sense and logic as Trump is proposing, but a lot of average Americans heartily agree with Trump that it's high time to start arming our teachers, and also our military personnel at recruiting stations.

Imagine a teacher at the blackboard explaining how to perform long division to the children when the door opens and before she can drop her chalk and pull out her gun she or he is dead on the floor.
Imagine a teacher at the blackboard explaining how to perform long division to the children when she hears gunshots down the hall. She tells the children to get under their desks and gets her gun, does what needs to be done.

Friendly fire kills too. And teachers will spend less time on gun training than on grading papers and record keeping. Ask anyone who has been in a fire fight the difference between that and the range.
What part of "voluntary" is so difficult to comprehend?

Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

Irrelevant. GW is not running for POTUS.

Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

Welp, Donald still lied. And no amount of false comparisons is going to change that. Of course he couldnt ever damage anything to do with govt. Because he wasnt ever in govt.

Its like saying a bird broke a branch out of a tree and at least a duck never has

And a more logical, no-brainer suggestion has never been made. Sheesh, OF COURSE some teachers should have loaded guns handy, and this fact should be advertised so that every would-be mass shooter or terrorist knows that schools won't be such easy targets anymore.

Why do you fear guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens, especially when those guns could enable those citizens to save lives?

Let me tell you: Your brainwashed brain might not be able to handle such common sense and logic as Trump is proposing, but a lot of average Americans heartily agree with Trump that it's high time to start arming our teachers, and also our military personnel at recruiting stations.

Imagine a teacher at the blackboard explaining how to perform long division to the children when the door opens and before she can drop her chalk and pull out her gun she or he is dead on the floor.
Dude, you can always come up with a scenario in which the teacher is killed. That doesn't in the slightest change the reality that a few teachers trained in handling firearms and armed have a lot better chance to stop the slaughter of their students than a completely unarmed teacher. You simply can't change that reality, no matter how much you want to.

That's true. Nor can you change the reality that highly trained soldiers and police, wearing body army and supported with a number of others on their team are killed and wounded, and sometimes kill or wound others with friendly fire, in the chaos of a fire fight.

And on the chance that only a few teachers are so armed and trained, what are the odds a shooter will pick the one with an armed teacher, and wouldn't an armed teacher create just what a suicidal mass killer wants, the ability to kill an armed authority figure and other innocents or die trying?

Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

Welp, Donald still lied. And no amount of false comparisons is going to change that. Of course he couldnt ever damage anything to do with govt. Because he wasnt ever in govt.

Its like saying a bird broke a branch out of a tree and at least a duck never has
Are you really trying to make the case that a politician seeking the presidency is disqualified because he/she has lied?

images

I feel safer already.

Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

Are you really trying to make the case that a politician seeking the presidency is disqualified because he/she has lied?
Donald never lied. He only made suggestions.

Dude, you can always come up with a scenario in which the teacher is killed. That doesn't in the slightest change the reality that a few teachers trained in handling firearms and armed have a lot better chance to stop the slaughter of their students than a completely unarmed teacher. You simply can't change that reality, no matter how much you want to.

That's true. Nor can you change the reality that highly trained soldiers and police, wearing body army and supported with a number of others on their team are killed and wounded, and sometimes kill or wound others with friendly fire, in the chaos of a fire fight.

And on the chance that only a few teachers are so armed and trained, what are the odds a shooter will pick the one with an armed teacher, and wouldn't an armed teacher create just what a suicidal mass killer wants, the ability to kill an armed authority figure and other innocents or die trying?
From where do you get the idea that a suicidal mass killer wants "the ability to kill an armed authority figure and other innocents or die trying?". Seriously, where do you get that idea? I will tell you now that it is false because shooters deliberately target areas where opposing guns are few or non-existent. If he REALLY wanted to take out an armed authority figure, he would walk into a police station and open fire. Typically, they do not do that. So, make your case. I really want to know where you get that idea.

A potential shooter KNOWS that a school is going to be a very soft target, because there will either be no guns there to oppose him, or very few. This information is very publicly known. If, OTOH, he does NOT know if there are any guns in the hands of his potential victims, he has to roll the dice. This is not hard to understand.

Friendly fire kills too. And teachers will spend less time on gun training than on grading papers and record keeping. Ask anyone who has been in a fire fight the difference between that and the range.
By that "logic" there should be no such thing as armed security guards.

Armed guards (theoretically) are focused on guarding and understand the risk of not paying attention, teachers are focused on teaching. I've stood four hour midwatches in the dark and cold, which can be a distraction, but remained alert because every fifteen minutes I needed to sign off on the log and the walk between posts took fifteen minutes, and I never knew if the OD might be waiting for me there or anywhere between the posts. If he was I had better be ready to challenge him and respond to one of the General Orders for Sentry Duty.

Got it now, ? (Mr Dodge)

Donald never lied. He only made suggestions.
Then changed his mind. Yeah, politicians do that. I find it humorous when liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself) insist that all Republicans have to be paragons of virtue. I mean, based on their reactions, you'd think it was a rare thing for Republicans to do anything underhanded, while democrats wallow in sleaze and corruption. Wait, maybe I'm on to something...

By that "logic" there should be no such thing as armed security guards.

Armed guards (theoretically) are focused on guarding and understand the risk of not paying attention, teachers are focused on teaching. I've stood four hour midwatches in the dark and cold, which can be a distraction, but remained alert because every fifteen minutes I needed to sign off on the log and the walk between posts took fifteen minutes, and I never knew if the OD might be waiting for me there or anywhere between the posts. If he was I had better be ready to challenge him and respond to one of the General Orders for Sentry Duty.
The bottom line remains, that teacher is the last line of defense for the children in his/her care, and you want to make sure he/she has limited options to protect those children.

From where do you get the idea that a suicidal mass killer wants "the ability to kill an armed authority figure and other innocents or die trying?". Seriously, where do you get that idea? I will tell you now that it is false because shooters deliberately target areas where opposing guns are few or non-existent. If he REALLY wanted to take out an armed authority figure, he would walk into a police station and open fire. Typically, they do not do that. So, make your case. I really want to know where you get that idea.

A potential shooter KNOWS that a school is going to be a very soft target, because there will either be no guns there to oppose him, or very few. This information is very publicly known. If, OTOH, he does NOT know if there are any guns in the hands of his potential victims, he has to roll the dice. This is not hard to understand.

Suicide by cop. Thus what you say is a half-truth, since the shooter knows that a police response will be fast, overwhelming and authorized to use lethal force.

Suicide by cop. Thus what you say is a half-truth, since the shooter knows that a police response will be fast and overwhelming.
You didn't answer the question, where did you get the idea that a mass murderer wants to kill an armed authority figure? Keep in mind that in your desired world, there will be no armed authority figure in that school, nothing to stop him until he runs out of bullets or misses a target that then tackles him, after many children are dying on the floor.

Imagine a teacher at the blackboard explaining how to perform long division to the children when she hears gunshots down the hall. She tells the children to get under their desks and gets her gun, does what needs to be done.

What part of "voluntary" is so difficult to comprehend?

What part of George Zimmerman do you fail to understand? People who want to have power and control (which is provided by a gun) over others are most likely incapable of passing the strict background check and psychological evaluations necessary to become an armed law enforcement officer. The cost to background is expensive, the cost to train and arm and supervise is expensive and most school districts lack the money for books and other necessities required for effective teaching.

Wait
Some shooters will try to shoot the most protected individual in the nation.

Remember, Hinckley tried to kill Reagan!

When it comes to crazies, anything is possible.

Suicide by cop. Thus what you say is a half-truth, since the shooter knows that a police response will be fast and overwhelming.
You didn't answer the question, where did you get the idea that a mass murderer wants to kill an armed authority figure? Keep in mind that in your desired world, there will be no armed authority figure in that school, nothing to stop him until he runs out of bullets or misses a target that then tackles him, after many children are dying on the floor.

Read my post above, and survey the conclusion of what happens after the police respond to mass shootings. The shooter goes out under a sheet.

Forum List

Back