Donald Trump shoots himself in the other foot: Steel layoffs in US mount due to falling production

If you are such an expert why dont you ‘splain it to me in your own words?

It is fairly simple, the tariffs drove up the cost of all steel, including that made here, initially by almost 50%. What this did was drive down the demand for steel, which hurts our steel producers.
Tariffs did not drive up the cost of steel made on America

Only imported steel cost more

What I see is that the way we produce steel needs to be more efficient whether we have tariffs or not
Now think real hard. I know that will hurt, but try.

You are a car maker, let's say. You need steel to make your car.

You can buy steel from China for $450 a metric ton. Or you can buy steel from America, which has higher labor costs, for $600 per metric ton.

Of course, you will buy China's steel and you will be able to make and sell your cars for less.

But then some far left dumb fuck is elected and he inflicts a 35% tariff on Chinese steel.

As the importer of the steel, YOU pay the tariff. Not China, as the dumb fuck tells the rube herd who are stupid enough to bleev him.

So now steel costs you $600 no matter whether you buy it from China or the US.

Now your productions costs go up, and so does the price of your cars.

All caught up now?
The car maker pays the tariff ONLY if he chooses chinese steel instead of American

Way to miss the point. The tariffs cause the car maker's costs to go UP.

Tariff wars are always a disaster. See: Smoot-Hawley.

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

U.S. Posts Record Annual Trade Deficit

Trump is a dumb fuck. A seriously stupid dumb fuck.

Every kid learns in middle school about what a disaster trade wars are.
Maybe libs should learn about the dangers of chinese mercantilism as well as tariffs
I see you are ignorant of the fact that tariff wars are a LIBERAL thing.

That's why labor unions are all for protectionism.

I said before the 2016 election that Trump would lead the pseudocon tard herd into the far left camp. I had no idea just how right I was.

If you are such an expert why dont you ‘splain it to me in your own words?

It is fairly simple, the tariffs drove up the cost of all steel, including that made here, initially by almost 50%. What this did was drive down the demand for steel, which hurts our steel producers.

What I see is that the way we produce steel needs to be more efficient whether we have tariffs or not

You can buy steel from China for $450 a metric ton. Or you can buy steel from America, which has higher labor costs, for $600 per metric ton.

Of course, you will buy China's steel and you will be able to make and sell your cars for less.

But then some far left dumb fuck is elected and he inflicts a 35% tariff on Chinese steel.

As the importer of the steel, YOU pay the tariff. Not China, as the dumb fuck tells the rube herd who are stupid enough to bleev him.

All caught up now?
The car maker pays the tariff ONLY if he chooses chinese steel instead of American

There is no evidence that car sales were depressed by steel prices

And keeping the money in America instead of china is good for all of us

All caught up now?

Wrong again
Auto Dealers See Tariffs Hitting New Car Sales Hard, Pushing Buyers To Consider Used

All caught up now?

Only an idiot liberal would say forcing car makers to pay more for steel is good for all of us.

That's take a special kind of liberal idiot.

As for car sales, I know it is very easy to claim they aren't being affected by Trump's far left tariff war if you DON'T FUCKING LOOK TO SEE IF THAT's TRUE!

Auto Dealers See Tariffs Hitting New Car Sales Hard, Pushing Buyers To Consider Used

Fuck! When will you idiots learn to stop making shit up!?!?

All caught up now?

Only an idiot liberal would say forcing car makers to pay more for steel is good for all of us.

As for car sales, I know it is very easy to claim they aren't being affected by Trump's far left tariff war if you DON'T FUCKING LOOK TO SEE IF THAT's TRUE!

He is not making it up. He has already admitted to parroting Trump talking points...he is not smart enough to know they are lies

Obama, another far left liberal, tried the tariff horseshit early on in his administration.

Fortunately, he was smart enough to quickly realize what a huge mistake it was, and he reversed himself.

Trump's ego won't allow him to admit to himself he's an idiot. And the rube herd blindly follows the dumbass. It's really hard to tell who is dumber and who is dumberer.

Maybe libs should learn about the dangers of chinese mercantilism as well as tariffs

I said before the 2016 election that Trump would lead the pseudocon tard herd into the far left camp. I had no idea just how right I was.
Tariffs date back to the founding of the country

Famously championed by northeast manufacturers for protection against English and French imports

In the 1990s the removal of tariffs on chinese and mexican imports was resisted by the liberal labor unions who were defeated by a liberal president and a republican free-trade congress

Now only conservative trump republicans are fighting for American workers

All caught up now?

He is not making it up. He has already admitted to parroting Trump talking points...he is not smart enough to know they are lies
I am glad that trump agrees with me

Its reassuring to know someone in washington is listeomg

Last edited:

Tariffs date back to the founding of the country

Famously championed by northeast manufacturers for protection against English and French imports

In the 1990s the removal of tariffs on chinese and mexican imports was resisted by the liberal labor unions who were defeated by a liberal president and a republican free-trade congress

Now only conservative trump republicans are fighting for American workers

Now only retard useful-idiots are supporting Trump's far left tariff war.

Along with quite a few liberal Democrats, actually.

Chuck Schumer urges Trump to 'hang tough on China' after latest tariff threat while other top Democrats are quiet

Since the start of Trump's far left tariff war, the Dow has flatlined, GDP growth has plunged, and manufacturing has reversed course.

Trump is doing everything he can to sabotage the robust economy he inherited.

I am glad that trump agrees with me

Its reassuring to know someonein washington is listeomg

Trump does not agree with you because you have no views or opinions other than what Trump gives you. You do nothing but post talking point after talking point. You have never posted an original thought.

All caught up now?

Wrong again
There are many reasons for declining sales that ave nothing to do with tariffs

New car prices rise every year

Cars are getting better so they ladt longer

And buyers are getting older and have less need for the newest new car

Plus the the percentage of steel in new cars is going down

there is a cost for tariffs

But its worth it to preserve American manufacturing

You do know Tramp walked out on a hissy fit when Pelosi and Chuck were going to talk about a 2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill? You knew that right?
True, Trump wanted USMCA passed first. So why not pass USMCA?
Pelosi After Trump Walked Out Of Infrastructure Meeting: "I Pray For The President" And The Country

They are so unrelated it isn't even funny. Tramp has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to infrastructure so he passed. The snowflake even made up a story about his little feelings getting hurt and bailed because he had no idea what the fuck he was doing as usual.

Trump is a builder. If you have ever been in one of his buildings you might appreciate that.
As a taxpayer, I prefer not spending another $2T that we don't have, so I'm against Federal infrastructure spending unless paid for.
Let the states pay for their own infrastructure.

Another dumb idea

Us poor ole succesful, rich Republicans just don't have good ideas. You unsuccessful, poor Democrats have all the answers. Funny stuff.

funny indeed.

most of the Uber wealthy are in large population centers in blue states. In red states like MS, AL and Kensucky they still trade chickens.

Everything Donald Trump has touched since January 2017 has turned brown and smelly.

Donald Trump levied tariffs on steel to create more jobs in the steel industry. However, the steel industry has lost jobs and is closing steelworks.

On top of that, steel prices went up to other US manufacturers who are now paying more for steel which has contributed to the downturn in US industries that use steel.

The negative effects of Donald Trump's tariffs prove that tariffs do not create jobs, they just raise prices and reduce demand.

"Trump repeatedly promised he would revive the steel industry through trade war measures primarily aimed at imports from China and Europe. The expectation of the tariffs and the tariffs themselves sent stock prices up in anticipation of huge profits. However, the protectionist measures have had the opposite effect."

Let us pray that Donald Trump's damage to the US and world economy is only temporary and will recover after Donald Trump's impeachment and expungement.

Steel layoffs in US mount due to falling production and trade war

I figure Trump could do a hell of a lot more if the House of Representatives wasn't controlled by the NO NOTHING DEMOCRATS ... the anti-American whiners that you love..

View attachment 293289
Everything Donald Trump has touched since January 2017 has turned brown and smelly.

Donald Trump levied tariffs on steel to create more jobs in the steel industry. However, the steel industry has lost jobs and is closing steelworks.

On top of that, steel prices went up to other US manufacturers who are now paying more for steel which has contributed to the downturn in US industries that use steel.

The negative effects of Donald Trump's tariffs prove that tariffs do not create jobs, they just raise prices and reduce demand.

"Trump repeatedly promised he would revive the steel industry through trade war measures primarily aimed at imports from China and Europe. The expectation of the tariffs and the tariffs themselves sent stock prices up in anticipation of huge profits. However, the protectionist measures have had the opposite effect."

Let us pray that Donald Trump's damage to the US and world economy is only temporary and will recover after Donald Trump's impeachment and expungement.

Steel layoffs in US mount due to falling production and trade war

I figure Trump could do a hell of a lot more if the House of Representatives wasn't controlled by the NO NOTHING DEMOCRATS ... the anti-American whiners that you love..

View attachment 293289

your blob said the 2018 election was close to a total victory...was he lying?

Yup, lets whine about stupid crap like that... :laugh:

So he was lying. Thanks for the confirmation.

It was your blob’s fault they lost the House

Eh, small beans

Yes .. to Democrats ..Trump's a God, he controls everything and they can think just like him .. (TDS).. :wink_2:

no but his party did control the oval and both houses of Congress for 2 years. No infrastructure bill, no wall funding and no healthcare plan.

your blob is a failure

yep and losing.
Well you democrats want to lose lol but we are not losing. China is losing more then is, so is Iran.. if you don’t suooort America just renounce your citizenships.. hehe

Both sides losing doesn’t mean we win. Are you really that dense?
I’m pretty sure if Democrats weren’t obstructionist with China the deal would have been done.. its your doing not trump, now we have to wait until after the election for trump to again fix democrats doing..

the democrats aren’t at the negotiation table.

whose that in your avatar?
Your influencing China by not supporting Republicans who want to fix the deal

thanks for the chuckle. Trump stArts a trade war, doesn’t expect blowback, and you blame the Democrats.

yep and losing.
Well you democrats want to lose lol but we are not losing. China is losing more then is, so is Iran.. if you don’t suooort America just renounce your citizenships.. hehe

What would your solution have been? Status quo? Keep allowing China to steal from us?

One solution is to address the alleged foul play in the WTO instead of spending billions to fight a trade war unsuccessfully.

but blob supporters crave confrontation and simple solutions...it comes from being dumb and immature.

Address it how? Everyone knows they aren't abiding by their agreements as part of the WTO. We going to threaten to stop trading with them entirely and force them out of the WTO? Do you think the weenie little countries in Europe whose economies are already in the tank would agree? Get real. We have the most powerful economy in the world. We can call the shots. We may have a few pains, but we can outlast China, that is, unless a Dumbocrat gets elected and raises taxes on corporations and high wage earners and kills our economy. We would then be forced to go back to the Chinese and let them have their way. The Chinese know this and are hoping beyond hope that one of the wackadoos on the left gets elected.

If I was an adversary of the US, I would plant a politician in this country who promised a bunch of free stuff and alll the things the Democrats are proposing. There is a segment of our population that are dumb as stumps and/or gullible and would go for it. Easy win.

Good to see you’re acknowledging the failure of your blob. Oh...how is our trade deficit with China looking?

What would your solution have been? Status quo? Keep allowing China to steal from us?

One solution is to address the alleged foul play in the WTO instead of spending billions to fight a trade war unsuccessfully.

but blob supporters crave confrontation and simple solutions...it comes from being dumb and immature.

Address it how? Everyone knows they aren't abiding by their agreements as part of the WTO. We going to threaten to stop trading with them entirely and force them out of the WTO? Do you think the weenie little countries in Europe whose economies are already in the tank would agree? Get real. We have the most powerful economy in the world. We can call the shots. We may have a few pains, but we can outlast China, that is, unless a Dumbocrat gets elected and raises taxes on corporations and high wage earners and kills our economy. We would then be forced to go back to the Chinese and let them have their way. The Chinese know this and are hoping beyond hope that one of the wackadoos on the left gets elected.

If I was an adversary of the US, I would plant a politician in this country who promised a bunch of free stuff and alll the things the Democrats are proposing. There is a segment of our population that are dumb as stumps and/or gullible and would go for it. Easy win.

Good to see you’re acknowledging the failure of your blob. Oh...how is our trade deficit with China looking?

Are you a millennial? Instant gratification? Trade war = long game.

Forum List

Back