Dopey Joe Arpaio thinks criticizing Trump violates 1st Amendment

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
How does this dumb racist motherfucker keep getting elected Sheriff?

Huh?

What the heck are they drinking in Phoenix?

Joe Arpaio: Criticizing Donald Trump Violates The First Amendment

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio defended his fellow anti-immigrant birther Donald Trump last week, saying that Trump didn’t mean “to say anything derogatory” about “all the great people from Mexico” when he said of Mexican immigrants, “They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists.”

Arpaio told radio host Aaron Klein, in an interview later excerpted in WorldNetDaily, that criticism of Trump and his loss of corporate allies after he made the comments were violations of his “freedom of speech.”

“Well, first of all, I thought we had freedom of speech in this country, and he’s running for president, he has a right to voice his opinion,” Arpaio said. “He did talk about the birth certificate in the past, I’ve been working on that. So, I don’t know, I guess you’ve got to be politically correct when you run for office. But once again, I don’t believe he meant to say anything derogatory about all the people, all the great people from Mexico.”

All these counties and cities with there dumb racist sheriffs and police chiefs should be ashamed of themselves. This is an embarrassment for Maricopa county.

Huh?

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio defended his fellow anti-immigrant birther Donald Trump last week, saying that Trump didn’t mean “to say anything derogatory” about “all the great people from Mexico” when he said of Mexican immigrants, “They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists.”

Arpaio told radio host Aaron Klein, in an interview later excerpted in WorldNetDaily, that criticism of Trump and his loss of corporate allies after he made the comments were violations of his “freedom of speech.”

“Well, first of all, I thought we had freedom of speech in this country, and he’s running for president, he has a right to voice his opinion,” Arpaio said. “He did talk about the birth certificate in the past, I’ve been working on that. So, I don’t know, I guess you’ve got to be politically correct when you run for office. But once again, I don’t believe he meant to say anything derogatory about all the people, all the great people from Mexico.”

All these counties and cities with there dumb racist sheriffs and police chiefs should be ashamed of themselves. This is an embarrassment for Maricopa county.
Your link is not credible.

Huh?

His poll numbers are better then ANY democrat. I live in that county and I like him.

Huh?

Whatever it is they drink it is damned sure not your CoolAid
BTW, do you live in Maricopa County? No?? Then, with all due respect, STFU!

Huh?

Huh?

His poll numbers are better then ANY democrat. I live in that county and I like him.

Except that they aren't:

A new poll suggests Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's popularity has taken a hit in recent years, even as his fans continue to funnel millions of dollars to Arpaio's re-election effort.

The latest public opinion poll on the perennial, but now embattled, sheriff shows 38 percent of respondents rated Arpaio's job performance as "excellent/good," according to pollsters from the Phoenix-based Behavior Research Center.

New poll suggests Arpaio s popularity falling

Remember, mindlessly repeating silliness you hear in the right wing echo chamber doesn't actually work in the real world. As you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Joe Arpaio can voice his dissent when he feels like it.

However................those who don't agree with his views can also voice their dissent.

See how free speech works?

I'm guessing that many of those who have very narrow minded views fail to see how free speech works if it is of a dissenting view from what they hold dear.

If you say one thing, and voice it, and I feel another way about it, I can voice it as well.

Too bad that so many seem to think that free speech only applies to them, and doesn't apply to those who think otherwise.

Free speech is for everyone. Not only the Christians who denounce the gays, but also for the gays that denounce the Christians.

Free speech is for everyone.

'Arpaio told radio host Aaron Klein, in an interview later excerpted in WorldNetDaily, that criticism of Trump and his loss of corporate allies after he made the comments were violations of his “freedom of speech.”'

This sort of ignorance is common among many on the right.

The First Amendment and doctrine of 'free speech' concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not the relationship between and among private persons and organizations.

One private person or entity – such as a private business – cannot 'violate' the free speech rights of another private person.

Corporations are at liberty in the context of private society, and a free and democratic society, to withdraw their support for an individual such as Trump because they oppose the ignorance, hate, and lies Trump has expressed, where a withdraw of support in no way 'violates' the First Amendment.

He makes a mistake many on the Right do by bringing up Freedom of Speech.

Those who are cynically leveraging intimidation and punishment to control the expression of others are within the law when they do so. They are merely using our own freedoms against us. Obviously their tactics fly in the face of the spirit of the First Amendment -- free and open debate of the issues -- but that doesn't make them unconstitutional.

What they get away with doing is a cultural issue, not a constitutional issue.

Huh?

Of course you do. That makes total sense.

Huh?

Maybe because his electors value him for what he is.

A decent human being who believes in law and justice as the duties of his office and enforces them to the best of his ability.

In other words, he is NOT a liberal Democrat.

FJO, you are not a sensible Republican.

Trump alienated the Hispanic voter base, without which he can't win.

Free speech means that you can say any kind of stuff you want.

Free speech means that I have the right to reply to your speech and comment as to how I feel about what you said.

Just because businesses decide to vote with their feet and exercise their version of free speech doesn't mean that Donald the Chump's is being violated.

Donald started the talk about immigration

We would not be doing it without him.

His populist demagoguery is good in that it does reveal the powerlessness some of the lower white class feel.

So let's get immigration reform done.

Forum List

Back