Dr. Laura's "N word" Rant

Even when they use it as a term of endearment?

Consider that not all minority groups use slurs as terms of endearment. Why do some and not others?

Maybe they wanted to take ownership for the word. Whatever, if anyone can't see that it's then not okay for someone outside their cultural group to use it, they aren't very perceptive.

But did she actually call anyone a ******? I'm not seeing that she did.

That's not the point, Spoonman. The issue is her illiterate and ideological approach that was indefensible. Go back and read entire thread to come up to speed on this, please.

I used to listen to Dr Laura 10 years ago or so. She was entertaining while driving. She did have some good, commonsense advise at times, actually. Sometimes I felt 'Right on Dr Laura', but other times I wanted to strangle her (that must be why she needs her Black bodyguard, eh?) , as she arrogantly raked people over the coals for things like a mother having a job.

I'll never forget how she would put people down for using the word 'feel' when they meant 'think'. You know like "I feel that President Bush made a big mistake going into Iraq". In that sentence, I really am not talking about feelings, but about my opinion regarding Bush. But Dr Laura repeatedly pounced on people (usually women) over what is a very common usage of the word 'feel', dissing them, putting them down, and ignoring their opinion.

I think she did a lot of damage to her hapless callers, who seemed to adulate her, and would call and get sadistically humiliated. She got away with this for a long time. Finally, in my opinion, it caught up with her. She deserves losing her radio show. I think her ratings were slipping for a long time, I heard her on less stations as I drive. I really like Dave Ramsey now, with his awesome, practical advise.
I will never understand why rightwingers made "feel" a dirty word to begin with. A feeling is basically intuition, or subliminal logic as I like to call it. :lol:

I'll never understand why muslims make a womans face or ankles into something dirty. WTF is up with that?

Consider that not all minority groups use slurs as terms of endearment. Why do some and not others?

Maybe they wanted to take ownership for the word. Whatever, if anyone can't see that it's then not okay for someone outside their cultural group to use it, they aren't very perceptive.

No she didn't. But she argued with the caller, claiming that Whites using the N word must be okay, since Blacks use it, totally ignoring the social reality that there is a difference.

That's not the point, Spoonman. The issue is her illiterate and ideological approach that was indefensible. Go back and read entire thread to come up to speed on this, please.

You want someone to read 500+ posts for what boils down to:

"A white woman said the word "******" on the radio and it was wrong. We can't give any real explanation why it was wrong. It's just how we feel and if you don't agree you are a racist!"

Last edited:

No she didn't. But she argued with the caller, claiming that Whites using the N word must be okay, since Blacks use it, totally ignoring the social reality that there is a difference.

So we can use cracker and honky and they can't? If we are all so equal, why the different rules governing what one group can or can not do. All that does is continue to perpetuate racial differences.

So we can use cracker and honky and they can't? If we are all so equal, why the different rules governing what one group can or can not do. All that does is continue to perpetuate racial differences.

read the thread. That's been the topic for the past twenty pages.

No, it is the point. And you are comfotable trying to censor her first amendmant right to make a point. She did nothing wrong.

No, it is the point. And you are comfotable trying to censor her first amendmant right to make a point. She did nothing wrong.

and once you're done reading the thread, read the first amendment. :lol:

Yep and my take on it differs form some of the others here. I've read the thread. I'll tell you what. you go back and read the thread and you'll see I've been posting on it since early on. Follow your own advice before you jump to lame conclusions.

Yep and my take on it differs form some of the others here. I've read the thread. I'll tell you what. you go back and read the thread and you'll see I've been posting on it since early on. Follow your own advice before you jump to lame conclusions.
then why are you still pressing a point that's been beaten to death here?

Do you mean the part that prohibits on infringing on the freedom of speech? Just which part do you want me to read?

Spoonman, no one is trying to censor her 1st Amendment right. We all may say what we want, and we all can be held accountable for what we say. She got fired.

You are defending the indefensible. The use of such words are immoral and unethical. Don't defend their use, please.

then why are you still pressing a point that's been beaten to death here?

Why don't you ask the others the same question? Here's a clue. That's what this thread is about. Read it and maybe you won't keep asking such stupid questions.

Do you mean the part that prohibits on infringing on the freedom of speech? Just which part do you want me to read?

No one infringed on her freedom. She said what she wanted. What you want is no accountability.

The first amendment doesn't guarantee a citizen of a job as a radio advise show. If the public doesn't like what a radio host says, their job may be in jeopardy.

Spoonman, no one is trying to censor her 1st Amendment right. We all may say what we want, and we all can be held accountable for what we say. She got fired.

You are defending the indefensible. The use of such words are immoral and unethical. Don't defend their use, please.

Oh please, if that was the case every rapper would be arrested of fined. Get off your PC horse and face reality. The Reverend Write would be stripped of his reverendship.

She did nothing wrong.

The first amendment doesn't guarantee a citizen of a job as a radio advise show. If the public doesn't like what a radio host says, their job may be in jeopardy.
That's the way it is in most communist countries too. Nazi Germany was another great one for repression. In a muslim state they will behead you for saying the perceived wrong thing.

Forum List

Back