Dress Codes Heading To The Supreme Court

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Can we finally get a ruling supporting the right of free association? Please. Just take some pressure off from the liberal jackboots that are crushing our windpipes.

The Supreme Court said today that it will consider whether retailer Abercrombie & Fitch discriminated against a Muslim woman who was denied a job because her headscarf conflicted with the company's dress code, which the clothing chain has since changed.

The justices agreed to hear the Obama administration's appeal of a lower court decision that ruled the New Albany, Ohio-based company did not discriminate because the job applicant did not specifically say she needed a religious accommodation. . . .

But the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed that decision. The appeals court said Elauf never directly informed her interviewer she needed a religious accommodation, even though she was wearing the headscarf during her interview.

Abercrombie, which has faced slumping sales and could face negative publicity in the case, has pressed on with its defense, saying it was Elauf's obligation to explain any special needs based on her religion. The company has settled two other EEOC discrimination lawsuits over the same issue and it changed its "look policy" four years ago to allow its workers to wear hijabs.
If I had to shop at Abercrombie & Fitch and some saleswoman approached me wearing a hijab I'd walk right out of the store.

If I had to shop at Abercrombie & Fitch and some saleswoman approached me wearing a hijab I'd walk right out of the store.

Why? I've worked with a muslim woman who always wore a hijab. She was a damn good worker, and very smart.

Do you always stereotype and judge people based on appearance?

Why? I've worked with a muslim woman who always wore a hijab. She was a damn good worker, and very smart.

Yes, I do. I try to send a message.

The only message you're sending is that you're a judgmental prick.

Its good to see the having slumping sales. If she is a good worker what is the problem? I hope they continue to slide.

No one owes anyone a job. An employer has the right to set codes of workplace conduct and dress and hopefully sanity will prevail at the SCOTUS.

The only message you're sending is that you're a judgmental prick.

That and that the company won't get my business nor my money and that their competitors will.. Don't forget that message.

No one owes anyone a job. An employer has the right to set codes of workplace conduct and dress and hopefully sanity will prevail at the SCOTUS.

Time to start reversing the misguided notion of protecting the interests of minorities at the expense of the human rights of others. That needs serious pushback. This would be a good place to start.

I've seen more Muslims being judgmental. They are the ones demanding that flags be taken down, people with seeing eye dogs not be allowed in their cabs, not being expected to handle pork products when they work at a grocery store or that bacon ads be removed because they are offended. In England, KFC no longer serves bacon and they even eliminated the little hand wipes because Muslims say they contain a small amount of alcohol and they are offended when people use them to clean their hands. It's getting ridiculous in some countries and they are starting that shit here.

If they could live and let live, people might be more willing to accommodate their ways, but they make too many demands and act intolerant of us.

A lot of places have dress codes. Doing away with them to satisfy a few will end up with people going too far.

I've seen more Muslims being judgmental. They are the ones demanding that flags be taken down, people with seeing eye dogs not be allowed in their cabs, not being expected to handle pork products when they work at a grocery store or that bacon ads be removed because they are offended. In England, KFC no longer serves bacon and they even eliminated the little hand wipes because Muslims say they contain a small amount of alcohol and they are offended when people use them to clean their hands. It's getting ridiculous in some countries and they are starting that shit here.

If they could live and let live, people might be more willing to accommodate their ways, but they make too many demands and act intolerant of us.

A lot of places have dress codes. Doing away with them to satisfy a few will end up with people going too far.
I have no problem with a dress code, and think you're right that muslims (just like some other religion that won't be named) are being pushy.

My only problem is with people like Rikurzhen, who will walk out of a store just because they see a muslim woman working there.

I have no problem with a dress code, and think you're right that muslims (just like some other religion that won't be named) are being pushy.

My only problem is with people like Rikurzhen, who will walk out of a store just because they see a muslim woman working there.

Would you walk out of a store if, oh I don't know, some employee was wearing a t-shirt with a lynching photo or had the words "Rape women for a good time - they deserve it" emblazoned on the shirt? I'm guessing that you would.

I'm opposed to the hijab in Western societies. Period. That's my position. There's no nuance to it. I'm utterly opposed. I'm also utterly opposed to female genital mutilation. I don't need to be sensitive to diversity. That diversity which values the hijab and female circumcision can be found in the Middle East and in Africa. See, diversity is great - they can go there and live as they please.

You lefties and your totalitarianism, quit trying to shove your idiotic tolerance standards down my throat. Tolerate me instead of forcing me to tolerate what I don't want to tolerate. Live true to your own damn commandments.

Sounds like you're the intolerant one being against women wearing a hijab. Have you accepted women being able to vote yet? You probably rage inside when you see them at the voting booth.

Sounds like you're the intolerant one being against women wearing a hijab. Have you accepted women being able to vote yet? You probably rage inside when you see them at the voting booth.
If she had been wearing a shirt with the Confederate flag or even one with Marriage= 1 man+ 1 woman you assholes would be crucifying her. Don't even start with your tolerance bullshit you are the least tolerant fucking people in the world.

What makes you believe that I have a problem with being intolerant? I'm simply pointing out that vacuous lefties should live true to the standards they profess.

Intolerance signals that a person has standards and is willing to live true to the standards. Tolerance means that one's one standards are downgraded in importance in order to make room for different standards.

Those who won't fight for their standards, or their culture, will soon find themselves living under the standards, or culture, of those who did fight for their standards. Muslims are fighting to change the standards here and to impose hijab into the realm of the acceptable. They're winning because Western culture is now too pussified by liberals to mount a defense against the hijab.

Flushing all that the West has achieved down the toilet for fear of being called a racist is a form of intellectual and moral cancer that has infected our society.

If she had been wearing a shirt with the Confederate flag or even one with Marriage= 1 man+ 1 woman you assholes would be crucifying her. Don't even start with your tolerance bullshit you are the least tolerant fucking people in the world.

Yes, that would be sending a political message that may or may not reflect the views of the store.

A Hijab. Meh, not so much.

I don't really care what a woman wears so how am I the least tolerant person in the world. Are you against a woman wearing a hijab like the poster I replied to is? Why do you have to get vulgar by the way? Were your parents white trash and you just learned vulgarity from them?

I don't really care what a woman wears so how am I the least tolerant person in the world. Are you against a woman wearing a hijab like the poster I replied to is? Why do you have to get vulgar by the way? Were your parents white trash and you picked up the vulgarity from them?

What makes you believe that I have a problem with being intolerant? I'm simply pointing out that vacuous lefties should live true to the standards they profess.

Intolerance signals that a person has standards and is willing to live true to the standards. Tolerance means that one's one standards are downgraded in importance in order to make room for different standards.

Those who won't fight for their standards, or their culture, will soon find themselves living under the standards, or culture, of those who did fight for their standards. Muslims are fighting to change the standards here and to impose hijab into the realm of the acceptable. They're winning because Western culture is now too pussified by liberals to mount a defense against the hijab.

Flushing all that the West has achieved down the toilet for fear of being called a racist is a form of intellectual and moral cancer that has infected our society.

Exaggerate some? A hijab brings down western civilization!

Can we finally get a ruling supporting the right of free association? Please. Just take some pressure off from the liberal jackboots that are crushing our windpipes.

The Supreme Court said today that it will consider whether retailer Abercrombie & Fitch discriminated against a Muslim woman who was denied a job because her headscarf conflicted with the company's dress code, which the clothing chain has since changed.

The justices agreed to hear the Obama administration's appeal of a lower court decision that ruled the New Albany, Ohio-based company did not discriminate because the job applicant did not specifically say she needed a religious accommodation. . . .

But the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed that decision. The appeals court said Elauf never directly informed her interviewer she needed a religious accommodation, even though she was wearing the headscarf during her interview.

Abercrombie, which has faced slumping sales and could face negative publicity in the case, has pressed on with its defense, saying it was Elauf's obligation to explain any special needs based on her religion. The company has settled two other EEOC discrimination lawsuits over the same issue and it changed its "look policy" four years ago to allow its workers to wear hijabs.
I'd walk out also. I wouldn't do any business with the filthy scum and that includes a Muslim doctor.

Forum List

Back