Duck Dynasty?

Bashir made a vicious attack on an individual. It was thoughtfully prepared, written and approved. Baldwin attacked an individual on the street. Robertson was answering a question posed by a reporter questioning his faith. It was directed at no one.

Because they understand that one of the fundamental rights on which this country was founded is freedom of speech regardless of whose little feelies are hurt?

The issue is that what he said about blacks was very offensive,

Do you even know what Phil Robertson was referring too? He was referencing the specific negroes that he personally hoed the fields with in his community back in the late 50's. Those negroes didn't complain about repression. They were glad to have a job like Phil. He wasn't referring to all other negroes that might have felt different in other parts of the country. Only the ones he worked along side with in the fields. So no, what he said of his personal experience was not offensive and this is a prime example how liberals twist things out of the original context to stir the masses. And you fell for it Black_Man1.

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once,” he said. “Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field … They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Last edited:
I'm just trying to understand.

The LAST thing you want to do is understand.

Louisiana has a large black population.

Why would it's governor come out and defendvRichardson?

Because he wasn't defending what he said about blacks.

I mean, why comment at all?

Because the Richardson family are in Louisiana.

A politician is supposed to represent all the ppl in his/her realm.

No politician can represent ALL of the people in his "realm".

What Richardson said HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH Jindal.

So why on earth would he feel compelled to alienate people he is supposed to represent?

As if any black person was going to vote for that Republican anyway.

Christ you are a racist moron.

After what he said about blacks, why would a public official come out and defend him?

Few are defending what he said, and fewer are defending what he said about blacks. Most are defending his right to say it, and pointing out the glaring hypocrisy of the media's treatment of him as opposed to their treatment of left wing Kooks.

Didn't Bashir and Baldwin just get fired for what they said?

Bashir resigned though he was probably given the resign or be fired choice Baldwin was fired and though I'm not a fan of Baldwin or his politics he shouldn't have been. If they wanted to fire Baldwin it should have been for the abysmal ratings of his show not for what he said to a reporter off air.

After what he said about blacks, why would a public official come out and defend him?

Few are defending what he said, and fewer are defending what he said about blacks. Most are defending his right to say it, and pointing out the glaring hypocrisy of the media's treatment of him as opposed to their treatment of left wing Kooks.

Didn't Bashir and Baldwin just get fired for what they said?

Bashir did not, he left. Yes Baldwin did but he also offended gays.

Do I have to bring up Iran again?

I'm just trying to understand.

Louisiana has a large black population.

Why would it's governor come out and defendvRichardson?

I mean, why comment at all?

A politician is supposed to represent all the ppl in his/her realm.

What Richardson said HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH Jindal.

So why on earth would he feel compelled to alienate people he is supposed to represent?

Yeah....it's a chocolate state!
You might want to drop that line or you are going to get schooled.

Who would be happy under Jim Crow or apartheid if you were black? Ridiculous.

Why would blacks complain to a hillbilly or redneck that was part of the ruling class that was oppressing them? Ridiculous.

Now as far as people not defending what he said...but defending his right to say it...

He DID utilize his right to say it.

And A and E utilized their right to not air him any longer.

Case Closed.

So why then, would a governor come out on his behalf AT ALL???

A&E certainly had the right to act as foolishly as they might like.

The family equally has the right to decline to participate.

Will the program be missed?

Certainly not by me.....but the revenue from it (and the ratings) may generate some concern among stockholders in A&E's parent corporation.

Because they understand that one of the fundamental rights on which this country was founded is freedom of speech regardless of whose little feelies are hurt?

Freedom of speech isn't the issue. The issue is that what he said about blacks was very offensive, so why defend someone being offensive to many of the people you are SUPPOSEDLY representing?

So you claim the "right" to not be offended?

Moron.

Who would be happy under Jim Crow or apartheid if you were black? Ridiculous.

Why would blacks complain to a hillbilly or redneck that was part of the ruling class that was oppressing them? Ridiculous.

Now as far as people not defending what he said...but defending his right to say it...

He DID utilize his right to say it.

And A and E utilized their right to not air him any longer.

Case Closed.

So why then, would a governor come out on his behalf AT ALL???

Chocolate City.

I don't believe rightwingers even see what was offensive about his remark [about blacks]. But then, I also believe rightwingers truly don't understand why only 5-10% of blacks vote Republican.

At any rate, I think it was more of his castigation of gays that inspired their support.

Damn you are either stupid or can't read. You cant learn in a cocoon. You have to live outside your comfort zone. You don't grow otherwise. Stop being stupid and learn something. Dont let people tell you what is important and whats not. Make sure you make that decision for yourself.
:lmao: The funny part is, I have.

But you don't want me to think for myself. You want me to agree with you.

But since I don't, I'm stupid. Right?

You have? That there is pretty telling. You should be saying I do. "I have" gives the indication you already know it all. You never do. I dont want you to agree with me. I want you to think for yourself and stop being stupid.
"Make sure you make that decision for yourself."

"I have."

Maybe it's not me who should stop being stupid.

Good luck with that.

My gawd, you people act like it was a personal dig at you

are you ever not offended or free not to get all outraged over every damn thing said?

You people went bonkers over a frikken rodeo skit with someone wearing an Obama mask

And then go around telling us we don't UNDERSTAND what was said...

what a joke

Last edited:
I think what he said related to blacks was pretty stupid, not racist or anything though. I have no problem with him being fired. I'm in the This has nothing to do with free speech camp.

Freedom of speech isn't the issue. The issue is that what he said about blacks was very offensive, so why defend someone being offensive to many of the people you are SUPPOSEDLY representing?

Really? And no comment about whites Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al has said...even comedians. Why am I not surprised.

Tunnel vision. And another troll thread, methinks.

I don't believe rightwingers even see what was offensive about his remark [about blacks]. But then, I also believe rightwingers truly don't understand why only 5-10% of blacks vote Republican.

At any rate, I think it was more of his castigation of gays that inspired their support.

Of course we do, we just don't give a shit about your selective sensitivities.

We are tired of your bullshit double standards and have no trouble telling you or any "offended" black man to fuck off.

Forum List

Back