ebola and jihad

With all due respect Pogo it's no crazier a plot than what happened on 9/11.

I've often thought that with all the "what if terror plots" that the President Bush and his advisors were presented with, the one scenario where everyone would go "get the fuck out of here" would be that 19 terrorists would board planes with tiny box cutters and hijack them and fly them into the WTC and the Pentagon.

I mean seriously I'd have been sitting in that meeting going "What were you smoking man? Hijackers with box cutters taking over commercial airliners? Are you freaking nuts?".

So I don't think we can rule out any wild and crazy case scenario. We have to remember we are dealing with madmen.

Don't think so, TD. Driving exploding cars into, say, a marine barracks, had already been done. It's the same thing applied to a plane. And I believe we had already done exercises on that very scenario. The most unlikely aspect of that event would be the use of box cutters. But the overall plan wasn't new.

By the way it was considerably more than 19. I happen to know.

But again, madmen yes, but their quest is power in their own land -- sending infected mules overseas does nothing to further that goal. IOW they would have no reason to take up a plot like this, and to the contrary it would deplete their resources. Doesn't add up.

No, kid, it is not absurd at all.

Sorry Jake, I really do think the idea is absurd. Number one, just from a standpoint of practicality, anyone who was going to pursue such a Doctor Doom comic book plot wouldn't bother trying to smuggle blood -- they'd intentionally infect a carrier and immediately send them over. Smuggling can be much more easily detected.

Then again though, the idea that a political group waging a war a gazillion miles away even cares about sending infections across the oceans, let alone that any of them would volunteer for a suicide mission where suicide is guaranteed but the mission is not -- because they still have to find a way to infect somebody -- reeeeeally stretches the limits of credulity.

I could see this idea being used as a Fox Noise fearmonger chyron. It's too silly to be applied anywhere else.

Infecting a Trojan Horse is a better idea, yes.

Yep, the jihadists would never send an infected person(s) across the ocean anymore than they would try to fly airplanes into skyscrapers, right?

Infect somebody? Give them $$$ to go infect prostitutes who will end up in unprepared ERs.

They're not "jihadists"; they're political fringe radicals. What they're interested in is power -- their own theater. Lex Luthor plots of flying infected mules across an ocean to a place that has nothing to do with any of that serve no purpose to that end.

Ignore the reality of (1) you have not a clue what motivates them and (2) how much they hate western culture and (3) almost 10K of them have detonated themselves across the globe since 2004.

You and martbegan and Silhouette are classic examples of confirmation bias.

If anyone doubted Jake was a Republican this thread should set your mind at rest. He's spreading fear just like a good GOPer loves to do.

Yurt

he is as republican as you are
Ravi

From the most exposed liar on the Board, bar none, other than koshergrl and EdwardBaiamonte, Yurt's own running buddies.

Embrace the butt hurt, Yurt, and it let it flow.

With all due respect Pogo it's no crazier a plot than what happened on 9/11.

I've often thought that with all the "what if terror plots" that the President Bush and his advisors were presented with, the one scenario where everyone would go "get the fuck out of here" would be that 19 terrorists would board planes with tiny box cutters and hijack them and fly them into the WTC and the Pentagon.

I mean seriously I'd have been sitting in that meeting going "What were you smoking man? Hijackers with box cutters taking over commercial airliners? Are you freaking nuts?".

So I don't think we can rule out any wild and crazy case scenario. We have to remember we are dealing with madmen.

Don't think so, TD. Driving exploding cars into, say, a marine barracks, had already been done. It's the same thing applied to a plane. And I believe we had already done exercises on that very scenario. The most unlikely aspect of that event would be the use of box cutters. But the overall plan wasn't new.

By the way it was considerably more than 19. I happen to know.

But again, madmen yes, but their quest is power in their own land -- sending infected mules overseas does nothing to further that goal. IOW they would have no reason to take up a plot like this, and to the contrary it would deplete their resources. Doesn't add up.

Sure thing :lol:

Sorry Jake, I really do think the idea is absurd. Number one, just from a standpoint of practicality, anyone who was going to pursue such a Doctor Doom comic book plot wouldn't bother trying to smuggle blood -- they'd intentionally infect a carrier and immediately send them over. Smuggling can be much more easily detected.

Then again though, the idea that a political group waging a war a gazillion miles away even cares about sending infections across the oceans, let alone that any of them would volunteer for a suicide mission where suicide is guaranteed but the mission is not -- because they still have to find a way to infect somebody -- reeeeeally stretches the limits of credulity.

I could see this idea being used as a Fox Noise fearmonger chyron. It's too silly to be applied anywhere else.

Yep, the jihadists would never send an infected person(s) across the ocean anymore than they would try to fly airplanes into skyscrapers, right?

Infect somebody? Give them $$$ to go infect prostitutes who will end up in unprepared ERs.

They're not "jihadists"; they're political fringe radicals. What they're interested in is power -- their own theater. Lex Luthor plots of flying infected mules across an ocean to a place that has nothing to do with any of that serve no purpose to that end.

Ignore the reality of (1) you have not a clue what motivates them and (2) how much they hate western culture and (3) almost 10K of them have detonated themselves across the globe since 2004.

Jake, how is it you post "you have not a clue what motivates them" and then go immediately to your own theory of what motivates them? Having it both ways, innit?

>> But when you read the details of the UN report, you realize the common thread in ISIS’ killings of Muslims has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with absolute power. It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die.

I wish the media would give more coverage to ISIS’ crimes against Muslims. The publicity would hurt the group’s cause tremendously, and it could also make the case to my fellow Americas that this fight is not Islam versus the West. Rather, it’s everyone who doesn’t want to live under ISIS’ brutal dictatorship versus ISIS.

And those Muslims who gave their lives fighting against or refusing to give into ISIS in our common struggle should be recognized in the media for their bravery. It would be very powerful to see images in our media of the Muslims killed by ISIS, not just Westerners. << -- ISIS' Gruesome Muslim Death Toll

Because my reasoning is much more nuanced then yours.

Context and hubris are not your friends, Pogo.

This post is only in response to your initial question.

I agree with almost everything in the subpoints, but those are a different issue altogether.

Jake, how is it you post "you have not a clue what motivates them" and then go immediately to your own theory of what motivates them? Having it both ways, innit?

>> But when you read the details of the UN report, you realize the common thread in ISIS’ killings of Muslims has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with absolute power. It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die.

I wish the media would give more coverage to ISIS’ crimes against Muslims. The publicity would hurt the group’s cause tremendously, and it could also make the case to my fellow Americas that this fight is not Islam versus the West. Rather, it’s everyone who doesn’t want to live under ISIS’ brutal dictatorship versus ISIS.

And those Muslims who gave their lives fighting against or refusing to give into ISIS in our common struggle should be recognized in the media for their bravery. It would be very powerful to see images in our media of the Muslims killed by ISIS, not just Westerners. << -- ISIS' Gruesome Muslim Death Toll

I see absolutely NO LOGIC in your conclusion that the killing
going on in the middle east which involves "muslim on muslim" has "NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM"----such a statement is tantamount to insisting that the killing of
CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS by Cromwell----had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION-------or the
killing of dissident catholics during the inquisition had
NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTIANITY (for that matter-----nor the MANY other violent confrontations between
Christian sects historically--------or the MANY other violent
confrontations between muslim sects-----historically)

Sectarian confrontatons have EVERYTHING to do with the
religions involved

I imagine that somewhere someone in the jihad world in the ME is busy on a plan to smuggle several vials of ebola for injection into willing jihadists here.

I wonder what plan is being designed to combat such a threat.

Unfortunately that is a conspiracy theory that could have legs.

I can think of many other ways terrorists could accomplish something similar.

The only saving grace is that Ebola is not a particularly effective bio weapon- how it spreads is too limited.

Slow motion death. Sounds like a Zombie Apocalypse. I have to keep double checking that it wasn't CrusaderFrank that started this thread.

I imagine that somewhere someone in the jihad world in the ME is busy on a plan to smuggle several vials of ebola for injection into willing jihadists here.

I wonder what plan is being designed to combat such a threat.

Unfortunately that is a conspiracy theory that could have legs.

I can think of many other ways terrorists could accomplish something similar.

The only saving grace is that Ebola is not a particularly effective bio weapon- how it spreads is too limited.

Homeland security people already have concepts of
DIESEASE VECTORS for JIHAD. ----it's a form of bio-terrorism-------I have no doubt this concept---human ebola bombs ----- hit their minds---
--rest easy It does not seem to be a very convenient agent------the mujahad would be dead before he can cause
much damage

Not so, irosie. Set several of them loose among the prostitute and drug addict population in NYC, and I believe quite a problem would arise, probably far more terrifying than effective, but that is what terrorism is about.

Not so, irosie. Set several of them loose among the prostitute and drug addict population in NYC, and I believe quite a problem would arise, probably far more terrifying than effective, but that is what terrorism is about.

there are other pathogens----that would work better------it IS A SUBJECT for homeland security-----. Here is a hint----the USA has storehouses of medicines and equiptment planted around the country to combat this or that MUJAHAD bio-plan------the idea is not NEWS-----of course ebola is kinda a NEW ONE. It does not seem to me to
be a particularly adaptable pathogen------the carrier SICKENS---too quickly with obvious signs of illness. A more dangerous plan is the use of radioactive materials----
easily carried and dropped here and there by a "BRAVE
MUJAHAD----or mujahadette

I agree that radioactive material would be very frightening.

Right now our population, as unlearned as it is about ebola, would be terrified if there were twenty patients each in NYC and Chicago and New Orleans in a three day's time with apparently many more to come.

If anyone doubted Jake was a Republican this thread should set your mind at rest. He's spreading fear just like a good GOPer loves to do.

Yurt

he is as republican as you are
Ravi

From the most exposed liar on the Board, bar none, other than koshergrl and EdwardBaiamonte, Yurt's own running buddies.

Embrace the butt hurt, Yurt, and it let it flow.

which why you've NEVER cited a single lie, whereas there are threads that have exposed your numerous lies. in fact, your post is just another lie.

Last edited:
I agree that radioactive material would be very frightening.

Right now our population, as unlearned as it is about ebola, would be terrified if there were twenty patients each in NYC and Chicago and New Orleans in a three day's time with apparently many more to come.

Yes----it would induce PANIC----but for the reasons cited----I do not think it will happen-----high fever, rash, diarrhea-----weakness------you expect such a carrier to engage in widespread carousing in order to spread his "germ"?? in one or two days he would probably fall over in the street. Virulent forms of tuberculosis would work better-----even AIDS would work better (of course such a vector and also
harbor virulent forms of TB_-----and just have a slight cough

I see absolutely NO LOGIC in your conclusion that the killing
going on in the middle east which involves "muslim on muslim" has "NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM"----such a statement is tantamount to insisting that the killing of
CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS by Cromwell----had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION-------or the
killing of dissident catholics during the inquisition had
NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTIANITY (for that matter-----nor the MANY other violent confrontations between
Christian sects historically--------or the MANY other violent
confrontations between muslim sects-----historically)

Sectarian confrontatons have EVERYTHING to do with the
religions involved

That's the conclusion of the writer I quoted. And it's a sound one.

You are correct that sectarian religious confrontations are about religion. That's not what this is. Your premise is inoperative. Obviously if an entity that calls itself "Muslim" is demonstrably killing more Muslims than anyone else, it's not about Islam. It's about acquiring power.

I heard Obama is sending Ebola infected jihadists to GOP campaign events around the country to infect Republicans so they all get Ebola and can't vote.

I heard Obama is sending Ebola infected jihadis to GOP campaign events around the country to infect Republicans so they all get Ebola and can't vote.
I think it's working. I voted today and there was no line at all, nothing like last election. And the only people there voting looked like Democrats!

nope---my premise that the killing ---muslim on muslim has lots to do with ISLAM--is entirely correct. It is clear to me that
you have never known muslims----never known persons who
know Islamic society and---probably never been in a mosque or read the Koran and CERTAINLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF ISLAM OVER THE PAST 1400 YEARS.
some people like to say "muslims are just like everyone else" "they want to live a nice life-----have a car---etc"----<<<< that is a really idiotic view point-------even white American protestants living in suburbia are not "just like everyone else"----they are very influenced by BEING WHITE
AMERICAN PROTESTANTS

Forum List

Back