Economic Good News.....288,000 jobs added in April

Ask me in three or four months. The problem with a nice spike like this is that we have to look at moving averages, and if it's less than 288,000 this month the naysayers will be louder. Right now the bond market isn't convinced.

Let's get 250k+ a couple of times here and the momentum could get us up and running.

Peter Schiff: Largest Exodus from Workforce Since Stats Were Kept

"In April, almost a million Americans left the labor force in one month. I think that's the largest exodus from the labor force since they began keeping the statistics," economist Peter Schiff says, adding that he doesn't believe 280,000 jobs were created.

"Better than 80 percent of them potentially were just made up by the government because over 240,000 of the jobs were the result of the birth-death assumptions where the government simply assumes that new businesses were created in April and that they hired people," Schiff told J.D. Hayworth and Miranda Kahn on "America's Forum" on Newsmax TV.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Peter Schiff: Largest Exodus from Workforce Since Stats Were Kept

"he doesn't believe 280,000 jobs were created." .., and i also do NOT believe the fucking pablum the regime is trying to feed us patriots who know better, for certain there are some libs here who swallow every bit of crap the regime hands out.

sooooo, in other words which would be more truthful.., there were NO jobs added. :up:
Are you suggesting the administration lies? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

It's the most dismal "recovery" on record. Proof that Democrat policies are total failures. And with the recovery approaching the average for recoveries we could see another recession coming.

The jobs created were burger-flipper jobs.

And the only reason people got off their sorry asses to go get a job is because their unemployment ran out.

You're either lying or you don't care enough to look into the real numbers.

Put down Fox and step outside your echo chamber

Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added 288K Jobs In April, Unemployment Down To 6.3% - Forbes

The sector with the most new jobs was business services with 75,000 jobs added, 20,000 more jobs than the industry’s 12 month average. Retail trade and construction added 35,000 jobs and 32,000 jobs respectively. Employment was also up in the health care and mining industries. Local and federal government employment was unchanged.

And the only reason people got off their sorry asses to go get a job is because their unemployment ran out.

Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added 288K Jobs In April, Unemployment Down To 6.3% - Forbes

The sector with the most new jobs was business services with 75,000 jobs added, 20,000 more jobs than the industry’s 12 month average. Retail trade and construction added 35,000 jobs and 32,000 jobs respectively. Employment was also up in the health care and mining industries. Local and federal government employment was unchanged.
From your link:

“The part that is a little less positive is this apparently wonderful story on the unemployment rate,” added North. “If you look at the changes in the labor force there are 700,000 more unemployed, in other words the labor force shrunk because more people left.” This is why the unemployment rate should be taken with a grain of salt, he says, and why the Fed has shifted away from quantitative interest rate guidance to qualitative.

Try to use something less reliable next time. Once again, fail!

Last edited:
Can anyone explain how adding 288,000 jobs is not good news?

Here's a reason

-Geaux

Unemployment rate falls, but for wrong reasons - May. 2, 2014

Stocks: Down Friday, but up for the week - May. 2, 2014

Investors should have been dancing on their trading desks after a strong jobs report, but it seems they were sleeping under them instead.

I have a math question for you...

Would the labor participation rate be higher or lower if we had only added 188,000 jobs last month?
Ooooooooh! I know! Pick me!

Here's a reason

-Geaux

Unemployment rate falls, but for wrong reasons - May. 2, 2014

Stocks: Down Friday, but up for the week - May. 2, 2014

Investors should have been dancing on their trading desks after a strong jobs report, but it seems they were sleeping under them instead.

I have a math question for you...

Would the labor participation rate be higher or lower if we had only added 188,000 jobs last month?
Ooooooooh! I know! Pick me!

Sure.

Your solution would be what?

Do the Reagan and Bush thing and spend lots of money to create government jobs to get your numbers down to 5% UE.

Because that's what those guys did.

THATS the part most of these folks are missing.

The PUBLIC sector lost ALOT of jobs as well.

And never gained them back.

It's fucking amazing.

From your link:

“The part that is a little less positive is this apparently wonderful story on the unemployment rate,” added North. “If you look at the changes in the labor force there are 700,000 more unemployed, in other words the labor force shrunk because more people left.” This is why the unemployment rate should be taken with a grain of salt, he says, and why the Fed has shifted away from quantitative interest rate guidance to qualitative.

try reading comprehension, meatbrain. the post I responded to was one in which the poster claimed that all of the jobs are "burger-flipping" jobs. When in reality, 75k are in business services, 35k in retail, 32k in construction, with health care and mining also seeing an increase. maybe you could help and point out to me which one of those are "burger-flipping" jobs...?

IDK- Is it a negative number?

-Geaux

GDP.png

Nice dodge

Does adding 288,000 jobs help or hurt the labor participation rate?

Instead of playing 5 year-old-girl-games, just make your point and stop acting like you gotta pee.

Unemployment benefits for 1.3 million expire Saturday. Here?s why.

This is a SHIT economy and NOBODY is trying to tell us otherwise... Well, except for the occasional knob-slurping moron.

Even the Lying Cocksucker in Chief is telling his evil minions not to use the word 'recovery' because they'll get beaten to death with it if they do.

AP: After Years of Touting It, Dems Told Not to Say 'Recovery' | NewsBusters

But here you are, trying to tell us that everything's just rosie?

What a queef

Now you are just lying....Did Rush tell you they were burger flipping jobs or did you make that up yourself?

Peter Schiff: Largest Exodus from Workforce Since Stats Were Kept

"In April, almost a million Americans left the labor force in one month. I think that's the largest exodus from the labor force since they began keeping the statistics," economist Peter Schiff says, adding that he doesn't believe 280,000 jobs were created.

"Better than 80 percent of them potentially were just made up by the government because
over 240,000 of the jobs were the result of the birth-death assumptions where the government simply assumes that new businesses were created in April and that they hired people," Schiff told J.D. Hayworth and Miranda Kahn on "America's Forum" on Newsmax TV.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Peter Schiff: Largest Exodus from Workforce Since Stats Were Kept

"he doesn't believe 280,000 jobs were created." .., and i also do NOT believe the fucking pablum the regime is trying to feed us patriots who know better, for certain there are some libs here who swallow every bit of crap the regime hands out.

sooooo, in other words which would be more truthful.., there were NO jobs added. :up:

Winner, winner chicken dinner

The jobs are just made up by the Gubmint

From your link:

try reading comprehension, meatbrain. the post I responded to was one in which the poster claimed that all of the jobs are "burger-flipping" jobs. When in reality, 75k are in business services, 35k in retail, 32k in construction, with health care and mining also seeing an increase. maybe you could help and point out to me which one of those are "burger-flipping" jobs...?
What does that change? The "increase" in job growth"is seriously compromised by any measure.

From your link:

What does that change? The "increase" in job growth"is seriously compromised by any measure.

What does it change? It means that your post had nothing to do with mine. I was calling out Edthego's lies about the types of jobs created, then you jumped in and started talking about reduction in labor force. I know I know, it's all conservatives have - they have to poopoo the numbers in some way, because, god forbid they actually celerate a good jobs report under a Democrat president...but, again, it had nothing to do with my post.

What does it change? It means that your post had nothing to do with mine. I was calling out Edthego's lies about the types of jobs created, then you jumped in and started talking about reduction in labor force. I know I know, it's all conservatives have - they have to poopoo the numbers in some way, because, god forbid they actually celerate a good jobs report under a Democrat president...but, again, it had nothing to do with my post.

Except they weren't lies. Average hourly wages didnt budge. The jobs were mainly low paying.

All else aside....if this is an increase of 288,000 jobs.

THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

If people want to credit Obama....we can argue that.

BUT IT IS STILL GOOD NEWS.

Except they weren't lies. Average hourly wages didnt budge. The jobs were mainly low paying.

If they were low paying then average hourly wages would have declined

Conservatives and math.......contradiction in terms

THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

And the fact that a million people left the work force? The fact that disability is at record rates? The fact that fewer people are working today than when Bush was president? That GDP growth is flat?
You have one piece of possibly manufactured good news against a backdrop that shows the economic recovery is the worst on record.

Not necessarily.
Libs are bad at math. And can't reason.

THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

The fact that fewer people are working today than when Bush was president?
What a load of bullshit!

When Bush left office there were 142,152,000 employed and losing 700,000+ jobs a month and 12,058,000 unemployed, now we have 145,669,000 employed and gaining 200,000+ jobs a month with 9,753,000 unemployed.

Not necessarily.
Libs are bad at math. And can't reason.

You have failed to explain how hourly wages could decrease and average hourly wages didn't budge

Time to run away don't you think?

Forum List

Back