Economists have a message: Clinton's policies are wrong for America

Remember how a gang of establishment toady economists said Hillary would be better for the economy? Now some real economists have weighed in on her plans.

On Monday, I joined with 305 economists from universities, think tanks and businesses across the country to convey a message to the American people: “Hillary Clinton’s economic agenda is wrong for America.”

Our statement, printed below in its entirety and signed by some of the country’s most prominent economic theorists and practitioners, bemoans how “misguided federal policies have produced one of the slowest recoveries on record.” It warns that Clinton, the Democratic nominee, “promises to repeat almost all of [President] Obama’s policy mistakes” and her “outdated policy prescriptions won’t return our economy to the faster growth rates it once enjoyed.”

While Clinton offers more of the same, we suggest an alternative. “What America needs, and what Americans deserve,” says the statement, “is an agenda of economic freedom: limited but effective government, policies that rely on and strengthen markets, pro-growth tax reform, sensible federal spending restraint, regulatory relief, sound money, and freedom to trade.” …
that's your opinion and we all know what your opinion is worth ... zilch !!!
View attachment 91978
That's actually a great meme for Trump!!! Thanks....
aren't your commie or fascists friends in need of your words of wisdom on your commie fascists thread ??? maybe you should go there and try to shine, cause you're burned out here
I have no democrat friends....I despise you fascists.....
sure you do we all know your fascist friends are republicans that's a given ...

Remember how a gang of establishment toady economists said Hillary would be better for the economy? Now some real economists have weighed in on her plans.

On Monday, I joined with 305 economists from universities, think tanks and businesses across the country to convey a message to the American people: “Hillary Clinton’s economic agenda is wrong for America.”

Our statement, printed below in its entirety and signed by some of the country’s most prominent economic theorists and practitioners, bemoans how “misguided federal policies have produced one of the slowest recoveries on record.” It warns that Clinton, the Democratic nominee, “promises to repeat almost all of [President] Obama’s policy mistakes” and her “outdated policy prescriptions won’t return our economy to the faster growth rates it once enjoyed.”

While Clinton offers more of the same, we suggest an alternative. “What America needs, and what Americans deserve,” says the statement, “is an agenda of economic freedom: limited but effective government, policies that rely on and strengthen markets, pro-growth tax reform, sensible federal spending restraint, regulatory relief, sound money, and freedom to trade.” …
that's your opinion and we all know what your opinion is worth ... zilch !!!
View attachment 91978
That's actually a great meme for Trump!!! Thanks....
aren't your commie or fascists friends in need of your words of wisdom on your commie fascists thread ??? maybe you should go there and try to shine, cause you're burned out here
I have no democrat friends....I despise you fascists.....
sure you do we all know your fascist friends are republicans that's a given ...
Nope....not a single democrat friend.....

Greenspan really was a delight.

He refused to use his power to regulate, even after (he admits) he studied collateralized mortgage obligations and couldn't understand them.

Then, combined with that, he held interest rates down even after the big (phony) real estate bubble was exploding into the stratosphere.

He sat there and smiled and accepted credit as his own little financial services Wild West fantasy played out before him and set us up for disaster.

Really, quite a guy, seriously.

Agreed. He should be remembered as a failure. nothing more nothing less.

He refused to use his power to regulate, even after (he admits) he studied collateralized mortgage obligations and couldn't understand them.

Then, combined with that, he held interest rates down even after the big (phony) real estate bubble was exploding into the stratosphere.

He sat there and smiled and accepted credit as his own little financial services Wild West fantasy played out before him and set us up for disaster.

He was a symptom of something that remains.

I remember, he really was celebrated as The Man.

he was revered as the stock market god ...when his deregulated markets crash he was well I guess he was wrong

he was revered as the stock market god ...when his deregulated markets crash he was well I guess he was wrong

Do you understand what deregulation even is?

He was celebrated on the nightly news like he was some great oracle. Turns out he was simply a failure. Greenspan should always be remembered as a failure.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...onomists-have-a-message-clintons-policies-are

These economists are either not real economists, or they are republican sell outs. You would have to be a complete moron to think strengthening the middle class isn't a priority. You also have to be moron to think international trade doesn't harm the economy at home. Also, under Obama, wages have gone up, job growth has been 15 million plus, the stock market is doing better now than ever before, corporate profits are also at an all time high.

Those are facts.
Wages have gone up? What planet are you living on?

He was celebrated on the nightly news like he was some great oracle. Turns out he was simply a failure. Greenspan should always be remembered as a failure.

Actually, the federal reserve should.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that understands how destructive deregulation can be to our, and the worlds' economy. Of course we all want our financial markets to flourish as it helps us all. Deregulating them to get to that end has proven faulty and reckless. There is a better way, greedy people just have to be patient. I think for the good of our country and the world they can tolerate the inconvenience.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that understands how destructive deregulation can be to our, and the worlds' economy. Of course we all want our financial markets to flourish as it helps us all. Deregulating them to get to that end has proven faulty and reckless. There is a better way, greedy people just have to be patient. I think for the good of our country and the world they can tolerate the inconvenience.
Seems you are the only who hasn't a clue what deregulation is....

Should be called
“Economist has a message: Clinton’s policies are wrong for America"

As for the list of co-signees, it’s funny how if they disagree with drumpf they are snobs but if they disagree with Clinton, these college egg heads are all respected scholars!!!

Forum List

Back