Economy in crapper with record high employment.

That makes no sense, if I am making record profits why would I need to lay folks off?
because the economy sucks....consumer confidence is in the tank, inflation and interest rates are skyrocketing, and the recession has gotten worse....this is all discussed in the link I provided.

Finding good workers has never been harder.

The gap between open jobs and the unemployed has never been wider in my lifetime, and possibly forever.
Not all those jobs need to be done. And if an employer needs a worker then do something to attract one. Remember productivity is directly tied to wages. Higher wages I work harder lower wage I back off. The way the system is designed.

Unemployment went up this week. Dumbass
Yup, and we have the lowest labor participation rate in years, retirees have lost 1/3rd of their savings, the majority of people are having trouble filling their tank and buying groceries….but the Dumbass is trying to convince the gullible idiots (otherwise known as Democrats) that all is well!

The economy is awful. Record high employment shows that people are working. And that is awful.

Sure we have never had this many people working before. But that just shows how awful the economy is. Or something.
Those numbers are based on the number of filings at the unemployment office. Once everyone used up all their unemployment because of the shut downs, of course no one is applying for it now.

As for the economy, people arent just out of work, they are also in deep shit because of inflation.

That is not correct, though it is not an unreasonable assumption.

You will hear many pundits describe this as a definition of recession. And in most cases, this turns out to be correct. But in fact, a recession is defined as a broad decline in economic activity as opposed to two quarters of GDP contraction.
Glad to hear that someone on this Board knows the definition of a recession. I suspect that many republican do but since we are talking about a democrat president, they use the 2 quarter rule so they can hit him with both recession and inflation.

The fact is Biden could no more have stopped this recession than Trump could have stopped Covid. When Biden took office, the inflation rate had already doubled over the last year. and the CBO was predicting that, by the middle of 2022, real GDP will exceed its sustainable level. Although Biden could not have stopped it, the Federal Reserve could have if they had started raising rates in 2021 as Biden had suggested.

Glad to hear that someone on this Board knows the definition of a recession. I suspect that many republican do but since we are talking about a democrat president, they use the 2 quarter rule so they can hit him with both recession and inflation.

The fact is Biden could no more have stopped this recession than Trump could have stopped Covid. When Biden took office, the inflation rate had already doubled over the last year. and the CBO was predicting that, by the middle of 2022, real GDP will exceed its sustainable level. Although Biden could not have stopped it, the Federal Reserve could have if they had started raising rates in 2021 as Biden had suggested.

When Biden took office, the inflation rate had already doubled over the last year.

Doubled to what? Link?

Although Biden could not have stopped it, the Federal Reserve could have if they had started raising rates in 2021 as Biden had suggested.

When did Biden suggest that? Link?

Forum List

Back