Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

They'll follow the law, as they always have. Unlike Booosh and Cheney, and Reagan and Nixon....

Want to show me which law allows the President to order the death of American citizens? I have been trying to find it for years, and failed.

OK I wont confuse you with the facts anymore.

when you start using them, im sure we will be peeing our pants

Interesting.

You have no problem with a board member claiming he used a program that was specifically designed for Obama's reelection campaign, then you complain about someone else not being factual.

you are purposely lying, because thats not what the Doc said.
You are just making shit up because you have nothing.

So fuck off.

The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell.

The Guardian, after several days of interviews, is revealing his identity at his request. From the moment he decided to disclose numerous top-secret documents to the public, he was determined not to opt for the protection of anonymity. "I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," he said.

Snowden will go down in history as one of America's most consequential whistleblowers, alongside Daniel Ellsberg and Bradley Manning. He is responsible for handing over material from one of the world's most secretive organisations – the NSA.
Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations | World news | guardian.co.uk

It's probable that the government is going to go after this hero, harshly, when, in fact, they should be the ones arrested.

He is not a hero.

He is not a villain necessarily, either.

But let's not get all carried away.

The laws exist for a reason and he intentionally took it upon himself to decide what worth the law was in regard to the secret nature of this information.

It was not his call to make. Nobody elected him.

I don't need to be elected to figure out what is right and what is wrong.

He is not a hero.

He is not a villain necessarily, either.

But let's not get all carried away.

The laws exist for a reason and he intentionally took it upon himself to decide what worth the law was in regard to the secret nature of this information.

It was not his call to make. Nobody elected him.

being elected is not a qualifier for releasing info.
That doesnt make him a hero, it makes him human.
NOT being elected means he had NO right to take the law into his own hands, choose to break it and then hope to be hailed as a hero.

He is not a hero. He is a law-breaker.

Everyone has the right to take the law into their own hands.

What makes him a hero, even if you disagree with him, is that he is publicly admitting that he did it in order to let the world judge him on the merits of his actions.

Obabble must step up and execute this traitor for disclosing top secret programs designed to protect America. He has no other choice other than resigning his office.

LOL. I can just see Obama saying that he is seeing all this for the first time on the evening news.

Resign? He will probably get another transparency award from the press as they demonize critics for being racist extremists.

If the US is ever able to get their hands on him, the court system will squash him like a bug.

I've used the program. There's nothing "mind boggling" about it. It's just a voter file linked to a volunteer/contact database.

Programs like it have existed for years. VoteBuilder has been around since 2007, and it can do everything described in your post.

You used a program that was specifically developed for the Obama campaign? When? How?

At the Obama campaign office in San Francisco, about a year ago.

As to "How", it's what I do for a living.

I've used the program. There's nothing "mind boggling" about it. It's just a voter file linked to a volunteer/contact database.

Programs like it have existed for years. VoteBuilder has been around since 2007, and it can do everything described in your post.

You used a program that was specifically developed for the Obama campaign? When? How?

thats not what he said shitstain. Seriously why do you need to make up things in order to post?

That is exactly what he said, go back and read it.

How about PRISM? Have you had a chance to play around with that yet ?

No. I'm a political consultant, not a spy.

Yet you are so stupid you think that Obama used an old, off the shelf, program to coordinate his reelection campaign, even though he hobnobs with people who created Google and Flipboard, and collects millions of dollars from them.

No wonder you spend so much time posting on message boards.

Eh? What are you talking about?

What "old, off the shelf" program do you think I think Obama used?

I feel like you might be a little lost, I've said nothing of the sort.

Interesting.

You have no problem with a board member claiming he used a program that was specifically designed for Obama's reelection campaign, then you complain about someone else not being factual.

So fuck off.

Actually, that is what I said.

Then tell me what Slate got wrong about it, in detail.

Interesting.

So fuck off.

Explain this then.

Feel free to admit I was right, again.

Last edited:
Bush pushed this into high gear with bi partisan support. It appears to have grown under Obama with bi partisan support. It will probably keep growing whomever is elected next with bi partisan support. It is only a matter of time before it is taken too far by either party.

Interesting.

So fuck off.

Actually, that is what I said.

yeah i saw that after, but saying fuck off to QW was worth it.

Interesting.

So fuck off.

Explain this then.

Feel free to admit I was right, again.
again? LOL.....

Bush pushed this into high gear with bi partisan support. It appears to have grown under Obama with bi partisan support. It will probably keep growing whomever is elected next with bi partisan support. It is only a matter of time before it is taken too far by either party.

It hasn't been taken too far already?

Does anyone doubt that Romney had a similar program specifically designed for his election campaign - although probably not as sophisticated?

Then tell me what Slate got wrong about it, in detail.

Slate didn't get anything wrong. I didn't say they did. It's just not "revolutionary".

It's a great tool, but just another tool. It's nothing more than combining databases.

Forum List

Back