Elderly Teacher Beaten In Class (video)

Some like Meathead, or some like Yurt, simply cannot accept being delivered to them what they dish out to others. Such folks always come out looking worse for wear. Always.
A person has to be effing sick when someone ignores and ignores and ignores them and they still keep going after them. And this pretending we have some kind of relationship is really sick. I do not have any kind of ongoing conflict with this guy, except that he stalks me. If I don't like someone, I simply ignore them. Period. I am not interested in having any contact with people I don't like.

That is all you can do, unless you like toying with them now and them, then smack em down and move on.

And now you're being ridiculous too.
She did not "smack em down", her argument was weak at best. Some of what she said makes a slight bit of sense, but in the end she doesn't hold the punk 100% responsible, and implies the teacher shares at least some of the responsibility for the attack.

Did you also notice the girl that was interviewed was explaining the school policy about confiscating cell phones, and then when she describes what happened instead of saying the punk was in the wrong, she say's "for him to act out the way he did, it (the policy) wasn't worth it" ?

It was sad to see no one step up for the teacher in the video.

Very sad, and in fact if anything they were enjoying it.

Thats what I was thinking, instead it seemed as if the kids were enjoying it.

I wonder if their attitude would have been different if it had been a big white kid pushing down a little old black lady in front of them?

I can almost guarantee you it would have never happened in what appears to be a black classroom.
If it had, it's almost a guarantee the room would have immediately ganged up on the white kid, and after a beatdown there would be calls of racism, and the white kid would end up being charged with a hate crime.

Did you also notice the girl that was interviewed was explaining the school policy about confiscating cell phones, and then when she describes what happened instead of saying the punk was in the wrong, she say's "for him to act out the way he did, it (the policy) wasn't worth it" ?

She meant it wasn't worth it for the substitute teacher to force the issue. Subs are just baby sitters. Many are former teachers and take the job very seriously. The school policy is to take away cell phones. Students get very angry about that because it is personal property and the kids are highly attached to their phones. The student who was interviewed was suggesting the sub would have been better off 'picking her battles' rather than adhering to school policy. She could have told the student to turn it off and put it away, for example. She was dealing with a brutish kid much larger than herself and it wasn't a wise move. The girl who was interviewed was being quite intelligent and reasonable about the situation.

Seriously?? That attitude is exactly why some classrooms are out of control-they know certain teachers let them control the room, rather than the other way around, and they ruin the possibility of any learning actually going on for those kids that actually want to.

She is a substitute teacher. She may never have been in that classroom or school before and may never go back there again. It isn't within the realm of possibility for her to teach behavioral values to those kids. It is her job to babysit them and keep things under control. She could have told him to turn it off and put it away. She could have called the admin for back up. She could have done other things to defuse the situation. I'm not blaming her at all. The kid was completely wrong and should be severely punished. No student should get away with brutalizing a teacher, physically or verbally. I'm just saying, the student who said it "wasn't worth it," meant that for the substitute to insist on strict adherence to school rules, it wasn't worth it for her. She will not make a dent on behavior as she isn't a regular teacher, and she ended up getting hurt.

Last edited:
She meant it wasn't worth it for the substitute teacher to force the issue. Subs are just baby sitters. Many are former teachers and take the job very seriously. The school policy is to take away cell phones. Students get very angry about that because it is personal property and the kids are highly attached to their phones. The student who was interviewed was suggesting the sub would have been better off 'picking her battles' rather than adhering to school policy. She could have told the student to turn it off and put it away, for example. She was dealing with a brutish kid much larger than herself and it wasn't a wise move. The girl who was interviewed was being quite intelligent and reasonable about the situation.

Seriously?? That attitude is exactly why some classrooms are out of control-they know certain teachers let them control the room, rather than the other way around, and they ruin the possibility of any learning actually going on for those kids that actually want to.

She is a substitute teacher. She may never have been in that classroom or school before and may never go back there again. It isn't within the realm of possibility for her to teach behavioral values to those kids. It is her job to babysit them and keep things under control. She could have told him to turn it off and put it away. She could have called the admin for back up. She could have done other things to defuse the situation. I'm not blaming her at all. The kid was completely wrong and should be severely punished. No student should get away with brutalizing a teacher, physically or verbally. I'm just saying, the student who said it "wasn't worth it," meant that for the substitute to insist on strict adherence to school rules, it wasn't worth it for her. She will not make a dent on behavior as she isn't a regular teacher, and she ended up getting hurt.

Do you really think by calling for back up, that there would not be repercussions? Like the student waiting for her after school lets out and follows her to her car. This is, after all, is Detroit.

Yup it's the teachers fault for getting her ass kicked.

That's just the way it is now.

That is not what I said at all. Are you really too stupid to understand the point I am making? Does it have to be spelled out for you in kindergarten blocks? Do you not understand the concept of 'pick your battles.'

No it isn't the teacher's fault. But it would have saved her from the assault if she had not forced the issue. If you go into a bar and someone starts to pick a fight with you, if you feed into that and end up hurt is it your fault? No. If you walk away and leave the bar unhurt, aren’t you better off? Yes. Pick your battles. Be wise. That's what the point is.

I never said or implied that the teacher is at fault for getting hurt. If you really believe that, you are an imbecile

I am done here. You people are not worth trying to talk to. Picking my battles: talking to you fools is just not worth my time or energy. Be idiots. Go for it.

I get the concept of picking your battles, but maybe she is required to enforce all rules, and maybe the school has had so many problems with classroom cell phone use, that this particular rule of no cell phones is right at the top.
Maybe the school or school district strictly enforces it, and she was simply doing her job.

You on the other hand are practically suggesting it's her fault that she was attacked.

fairly certain the school 'has a rule' about respecting authority.

Having taught in the inner city this brings back some painful memories.

Someone suggested she should have told him to go to the office after one request to return the cell phone--chances are good the result would have been the same.

Last edited:
A person has to be effing sick when someone ignores and ignores and ignores them and they still keep going after them. And this pretending we have some kind of relationship is really sick. I do not have any kind of ongoing conflict with this guy, except that he stalks me. If I don't like someone, I simply ignore them. Period. I am not interested in having any contact with people I don't like.

That is all you can do, unless you like toying with them now and them, then smack em down and move on.

And now you're being ridiculous too.
She did not "smack em down", her argument was weak at best. Some of what she said makes a slight bit of sense, but in the end she doesn't hold the punk 100% responsible, and implies the teacher shares at least some of the responsibility for the attack.

She smacks the defenders down, I agree, and I think she smacks down the student. The girl student's wishiwashiness is indefensible.

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking, instead it seemed as if the kids were enjoying it.

I wonder if their attitude would have been different if it had been a big white kid pushing down a little old black lady in front of them?

I can almost guarantee you it would have never happened in what appears to be a black classroom.
If it had, it's almost a guarantee the room would have immediately ganged up on the white kid, and after a beatdown there would be calls of racism, and the white kid would end up being charged with a hate crime.

No, it wouldn't.

:eusa_shhh:

Babysitter? Is that why teachers take time to make out lesson plans for the substitutes? How do you know she didn't first ask him to put it away? Intelligent, the student? Maybe in realizing that the students there are allowed to get away with hell, and subs don't get back up from the administration there, but otherwise, she is suggesting the kids should be able to push obnoxious behavior off on substitutes, and not be made to mind and have to actually learn while their assigned teacher is out, that it should be a free for all. I don't care what size the student, they should not be coddled out of fear.

Babysitter? Is that why teachers take time to make out lesson plans for the substitutes? How do you know she didn't first ask him to put it away? Intelligent, the student? Maybe in realizing that the students there are allowed to get away with hell, and subs don't get back up from the administration there, but otherwise, she is suggesting the kids should be able to push obnoxious behavior off on substitutes, and not be made to mind and have to actually learn while their assigned teacher is out, that it should be a free for all. I don't care what size the student, they should not be coddled out of fear.

well said. Sounds like the students at that school are a challenging group. Arbitrarily choose which rules to follow?

Any minute now Esmerelda is going to start referring to the "substitute" teacher as a "scab".
The ghetto mindset is ingrained and indelible. It instinctually will seek to shift blame for any misdeed or shortcoming, very often to some imagined White influence -- as we are seeing here. The ghetto mindset has evolved as a readily observable cultural phenomenon.

Any minute now Esmerelda is going to start referring to the "substitute" teacher as a "scab".
The ghetto mindset is ingrained and indelible. It instinctually will seek to shift blame for any misdeed or shortcoming, very often to some imagined White influence -- as we are seeing here. The ghetto mindset has evolved as a readily observable cultural phenomenon.
True, few do it worse (or better, depending on pimping instinct) than Esmeralda.

At the point of being an apologist for a thug who pushes a 66 year-old teacher to the floor, mere ditzyness becomes bottom-feeding trash.

Last edited:

well said. Sounds like the students at that school are a challenging group. Arbitrarily choose which rules to follow?
The students we saw in that classroom are acclimated to a culture which is effectively separate from that of the dominant outer society. Many of them are destined to end up in prison and/or a life of dependency on welfare and/or petty crime.

The students we saw in that classroom are acclimated to a culture which is effectively separate from that of the dominant outer society. Many of them are destined to end up in prison and/or a life of dependency on welfare and/or petty crime.

I had such an experience first hand. I would imagine things like this go on with the regular teacher---which is why they went on with a substitute. and so much more that might need to be addressed at this school. best not to speculate.

And here all this time I thought she meant it wasn't worth it for the student to act the way he did over his cell phone.

Face it, you're making excuses. You are trying to not so subtlely blame the teacher for the attack by the student. You would probably blame the rape victim for being in the wrong place or wearing the wrong clothes.

Forum List

Back