Elementary school shooting

Have you been in a school office?

You really have no understanding of guns at all, and should probably shut up. I can put a serious hurt or kill a person without even really thinking about it up to 100 feet.
I doubt if the office was 100 feet across.

530487_455109461219047_362938891_n.jpg

It is really time to have a serious discussion about this issue. We have got to determine what factor(s) are contributing to this shit and do something about it. This is not a time to dig in your heels.

Virginia Tech
Tucson
Aurora
Sihk Temple
Sandy Hook

What do they have in common? Known crazy fucks armed to the teeth and shooting up a crowd

Why does the NRA insist on ensuring the gun rights of crazy people? Don't they realize these massacres are the biggest threat to the gun rights they hold so dear?

so now it's the NRA's fault

SMH

There goes that inability to comprehend again.... I never said there was nothing we could do about it. I said I don't know what to do about it....I'm sure you see the difference there.... I know what doesn't work..... Gun free zones obviously......

OK....you can now bring your gun anywhere you want

How do you prevent a bunch of kindergartners from being executed? When is enough going to be enough Ollie?

How do we keep guns away from crazy people?

When one of the adults present could have cut the killing spree short by firing back?

I'm sorry Ollie

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions. It is hard enough for police to go into a situation with a deranged gunman and you are expecting a teacher to do it

I don't like the idea of guns being kept in schools with little children around. How long before a child figures out how to get at the teachers gun when it is unattended?

We have 270 million guns in this country of 315 million. More guns is obviously not the answer

He was a sick 20 year old. He's dead.

The people who have issues now are the ones who were sitting in the school while he wiped out the entire kindergarten class, and were powerless to do anything to stop him.

I'd have some serious guilt issues. I'll bet every adult survivor wished they had a gun while he was killing those babies.

You know what I wish? That he was never able to get close to a gun in the first place.

Shooting a person does not prevent shootings.

It stops it at that point an time unless you are suggesting that zombies are carrying firearms now.

It is really time to have a serious discussion about this issue. We have got to determine what factor(s) are contributing to this shit and do something about it. This is not a time to dig in your heels.

Virginia Tech
Tucson
Aurora
Sihk Temple
Sandy Hook

What do they have in common? Known crazy fucks armed to the teeth and shooting up a crowd

Why does the NRA insist on ensuring the gun rights of crazy people? Don't they realize these massacres are the biggest threat to the gun rights they hold so dear?

so now it's the NRA's fault

SMH

Actually, yes it is

NRA has been at the forefront of blocking any and all gun legislation. They used to be the leaders in gun safety, now they realize there is no money to be made in safety classes and make their money whipping the nation into a second amendment frenzy

Keep guns out of the hands of madmen NRA....it's not that hard

OK....you can now bring your gun anywhere you want

How do you prevent a bunch of kindergartners from being executed? When is enough going to be enough Ollie?

How do we keep guns away from crazy people?

When one of the adults present could have cut the killing spree short by firing back?

I'm sorry Ollie

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions. It is hard enough for police to go into a situation with a deranged gunman and you are expecting a teacher to do it

I don't like the idea of guns being kept in schools with little children around. How long before a child figures out how to get at the teachers gun when it is unattended?

We have 270 million guns in this country of 315 million. More guns is obviously not the answer

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions.
No one that I know has suggested that. What has been suggested is train teachers in firearms by a state certified firearms instructor.

The child can't get to the firearm is the teacher is concealed carrying/ OPEN CARRY. That's one thing you are taught in firearms training, firearms awareness and how to prevent from being disarmed.

Yes, shooting people who are trying to shoot people certainly DOES prevent shootings, you irrevocably retarded loo.

'Trying' to shoot people? No, before YOU shoot them, they have ALREADY shot innocent people. So shooting them doesn't prevent shootings at all, does it - because the gunman has already shot people, and so have you.

You idiot.

OK we have 25 people in a room enters a lone gunman starts shooting 15 of them, enters an armed citizen he shoots the gunman before he shoots victim number 16. Does shooting someone prevent more shootings? Yes I believe it would.

Moron.

So what if someone had shot this kid in the office?
What if the person who screamed on the intercom had had a gun, and shot him?

I think there wouldn't be 26 people dead. There'd only be 1 person dead.

So does that prevent shootings?

Why yes, yes it does. Now go back to resenting your dogs for not being grateful enough.

Again, you would need to get close enough to the gunman to get a good shot, and you would also need to make sure that there were no civilians in the way before you fired. Or do you expect to just rise up and blindly fire the killing shot?

I really hate it when anti gun people try to tell someone how to use a firearm. Those who carry a firearm are trained I have many years of training.

I'm sorry Ollie

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions.
No one that I know has suggested that. What has been suggested is train teachers in firearms by a state certified firearms instructor.

The child can't get to the firearm is the teacher is concealed carrying/ OPEN CARRY. That's one thing you are taught in firearms training, firearms awareness and how to prevent from being disarmed.

It just gets worse doesn't it?

We have a hard enough time getting good teachers who know how to teach Johnny to read, now you want them trained in SWAT tactics on how to take out an armed assassin

Open carry in the classrooms?

Are you fucking nuts?

Try busting down my door, I feel perfectly safe...........Most people don't do well walking through a wall of lead and brass.....

That teacher did not have someone busting through her door. It was her own mental case son using her weapons against her.

Sure made her sleep safely

As a law abiding gun owner, she was disarmed by a gun free zone law...which stopped the shooter about as effectively as we told you it would...as in not at all.
She was killed in her home.

I am not blaming it on anything...

i am pointing out that people with issues are exposed to ideas that may not have occurred to them before.... grander plans and such.

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

Enabling them by providing the tools is the problem, imo.
But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

my dad told me a story of how he and his high school classmates would bring their shotguns to school so they could go hunting after school was over. they stacked the guns in the corner. late 1930's

No one got shot.

But it was a different day and age. Everyone knew each other and had some kind of connection whether through friends or family.

Nowadays people interact via computer on facebook and the internet.

No personal contact. Human interaction is increasingly less personal.

Actually knowing a person makes it less likely to treat them as a disposable object.

The good old days ,in some respects , were the good old days

I'm sorry Ollie

It just gets worse doesn't it?

We have a hard enough time getting good teachers who know how to teach Johnny to read, now you want them trained in SWAT tactics on how to take out an armed assassin

Open carry in the classrooms?

Are you fucking nuts?

I'm living proof you can teach Johnny to read AND operate a firearm safely and effectively.

and no I'm not fucking nuts but I'm not too certain about you. :D

It's the price we pay for the entitlement culture, yes.

You are entitled to shoot people?

Trouble understanding the statement? Nowhere did the poster even come close to implying that anyone was entitled to shoot people.

rightwinger and ravir are REALLY shitty people who have been gleefully swimming in the blood of murdered children since the second the story broke yesterday...

If they had ANY Shame...

:)

people...

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Except we now know the guns used in today's massacre were in fact owned by a teacher.

Namely the mother of the mentally ill man who did the shooting. And she was his first victim.

Hey, but more guns will definitely make us safer. Really. I know you all need to believe that.

how did "more guns" enter the picture?

More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

It is too late for gun control. America is fucked.

I agree.

The next step is arming kindergartners and turning schools into veritable prisons. Really sad state of affairs in America.

I left the United States 16 years ago, and one of the reasons is because I do not want to raise my children with such a gun culture around. My wife and I have never regretted our decision, and shootings such as this reaffirm our decision.

More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

It is too late for gun control. America is fucked.

lol... such an attitude...

here's a tune just for you...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWLAaCz0fQk]I'm a loser baby (so why don't you kill me?) - YouTube[/ame]

When you see all of these senseless killings, how can you think that I am wrong?

Forum List

Back