Elementary school shooting

I also agree that it is too late for gun control. there are just too many guns out there. you'd have to send policemen into every housefold to check every inch of every house for weapons and you still wouldn't find them all.

It is too late for gun control. America is fucked.

I agree.

The next step is arming kindergartners and turning schools into veritable prisons. Really sad state of affairs in America.

I left the United States 16 years ago, and one of the reasons is because I do not want to raise my children with such a gun culture around. My wife and I have never regretted our decision, and shootings such as this reaffirm our decision.

Gun culture? Yup... Grandma's waving her .45 because someone just cut the line at the supermarket... :lol: Get a grip. Wow... I do hope you protect your kids with numerous layers of bubble wrap every time you leave the house... Don't want those dangerous automobiles getting the best of them. You sound like a paranoid delusional freak. Newsflash: The World is full of murderers, and sometimes they commit evil acts against innocents... It's been happening long before we were around. I hope you find the strength to leave your house someday... It's a scary world out there. Your poor kids... Growing up in a family that lives in delusional fear. Odds are very good that your more likely to get killed by a drunk driver than a madman shooting a gun... Deal with it.

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?
All of the listed have been used to kill.
In fact baseball bats are the most popular murder weapon out there.

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.
Except for the fact that if this fucker didn't have the guns he wouldn't have been able to kill so many people.
Why does the numbers matter too you? One death is too many in a gun free zone. He was at a school with little children he could have silently killed more children with a knife.

The number does matter. That is why a responsible adult in the school needs to be armed. Otherwise they continue to get picked off. Wackos don't silently killed more children with a knife. That is because the rest of the kids scream & dial 911. They go for murderous speed like multiple guns, bombs, airliners, poison gas, etc. In order to kill as many as possible as fast as possible, before they get taken out or suicide.

A gun free zone is a magnet for the mass murdering shooters. Just like rental cars with logo stickers on them became magnets in Florida when they passed CCW laws. The Criminals figured only the tourist were un-armed. After the 1987 Florida CCW law passed an increasing number of tourists, most of them foreign, were victims of carjackings there. Because tourists in well-marked rental cars were common carjacking victims, Florida passed legislation in 1993 (F.S.A. § 320.0601) that outlawed company logos and license plates that made rental and leased cars obvious.

Last edited:
Except for the fact that if this fucker didn't have the guns he wouldn't have been able to kill so many people.
Why does the numbers matter too you? One death is too many in a gun free zone. He was at a school with little children he could have silently killed more children with a knife.

The number does matter. That is why a responsible adult in the school needs to be armed. Otherwise they continue to get picked off. Wackos don't silently killed more children with a knife. That is because the rest of the kids scream & dial 911. They go for murderous speed like multiple guns, bombs, airliners, poison gas, etc. In order to kill as many as possible as fast as possible, before they get taken out or suicide.

A gun free zone is a magnet for the mass murdering shooters. Fort hood shooting is the only exception to the rule, but he was shot by an armed person ending what would have a much larger massacre.

Fort hood also was a gun free zone. Also one death by a firearm is to many in a gun free zone. So yes the numbers do matter ONE IS TO MANY IN A GUN FREE ZONE.

I agree.

The next step is arming kindergartners and turning schools into veritable prisons. Really sad state of affairs in America.

I left the United States 16 years ago, and one of the reasons is because I do not want to raise my children with such a gun culture around. My wife and I have never regretted our decision, and shootings such as this reaffirm our decision.

I would like to comment on your "gun culture" statement

I come from a rural and small town background.

My grandparents and uncles all had firearms and carried barlow pocket knives .They were tools used on farms, woodlots and around town.

It certinly was part of the rural and small town culture. But......

No one shot anyone. No one stabbed anyone with their barlow pocket knife. everyone knew each other and did not blame others for their mistakes and did not shirk their responsibilites.

There is a rabid contingent around USMB that refers to rural and small town people as Hillbillies. Hicks, racists and other insulting and ignorant epithets.

They laugh at "white suburbia in the 1950s" Trust me. It was a better place then.
Unfortunately those days are gone.

What do you have left?

The urban areas where no one even knows their next door neighbor and there are those that what to do nothing more than shirk their responsibility and look for ways to live off the labors of others are increassing and winning national elections.

If you look at an election map the rural areas went red and the urban areas went blue.

The rural gun culture you refer to is losing ground and the urban culture of greed and nastiness is taking over.

Good luck America. yiou will need it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry Ollie

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions. It is hard enough for police to go into a situation with a deranged gunman and you are expecting a teacher to do it

I don't like the idea of guns being kept in schools with little children around. How long before a child figures out how to get at the teachers gun when it is unattended?

We have 270 million guns in this country of 315 million. More guns is obviously not the answer

No one that I know has suggested that. What has been suggested is train teachers in firearms by a state certified firearms instructor.

I don't like the idea of guns being kept in schools with little children around. How long before a child figures out how to get at the teachers gun when it is unattended?
The child can't get to the firearm is the teacher is concealed carrying/ OPEN CARRY. That's one thing you are taught in firearms training, firearms awareness and how to prevent from being disarmed.

It just gets worse doesn't it?

We have a hard enough time getting good teachers who know how to teach Johnny to read, now you want them trained in SWAT tactics on how to take out an armed assassin

Open carry in the classrooms?

Are you fucking nuts?
Anyone who wants gun free zones are nuts. Why do you want unarmed people murdered?

I agree.

My grandparents and uncles all had firearms and carried barlow pocket knives .They were tool used on farms, woodlots and around town.

No one shot anyone. No one stabbed anyone with their barlow pocket knife. everyone knew each other and did not blame others for their mistakes and did not shirk their responsibilites.

There is a rabid contingent around USMB that refers to rural and small town people as Hillbillies. Hicks, racists and other insuklting and ignorant epithets.

They laugh at "white suburbia in the 1950s" Trust me. It was a better place then.

What do you have left?

The urban areas where no one even knows their next door rneighbor and there are those that what to do nothing more than shirk their responsibility and look for ways to live off the labors of others are increassing and winning national elections.

If you look at an election map the rural areas went red and the urban areas went blue.

The rural gun culture you refer to is losing ground and the urban culture of greed and nastiness is taking over.

What anti gun people don't understand is they are supporting the same thing the KKK was in support of back in the late 19th century and early 20th century.

I believe that someone earlier in this chat said that the shooter took his own self out. If they did, they are definitely in the Devil's possession now. What I would like to know is that if his fate had been in the hands of someone, do you think that he should have been given the chance to repent before taking his final breath?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That is another thing that I have thought about. How does the Lord feel about us putting people to death with they do stuff such as this? The only thing that right now comes to me is that the Lord did say this: "Vengeance is mine."

You know, Reb....you might be right here. I have thought about it all night. It does seem that fewer people are killed in cases where everyone involved is armed with guns. In fact, I can't think of a single example of a scenario where people die in large numbers when every single one of them is armed.

My grandparents and uncles all had firearms and carried barlow pocket knives .They were tool used on farms, woodlots and around town.

There is a rabid contingent around USMB that refers to rural and small town people as Hillbillies. Hicks, racists and other insuklting and ignorant epithets.

What do you have left?

The urban areas where no one even knows their next door rneighbor and there are those that what to do nothing more than shirk their responsibility and look for ways to live off the labors of others are increassing and winning national elections.

What anti gun people don't understand is they are supporting the same thing the KKK was in support of back in the late 19th century and early 20th century.

Oh, I think they know it very well. They are basically telling poor people that not only must they be held in place with finite Taxpayer funded incomes, they should not have the Right to defend themselves or protect what little they have either.

I agree.

Then shut the fuck up about how we wish to live

What this is is not a gun problem... We have had guns for centuries. What this is is a culture problem. Think about how much more violent we are now then we were 20, 30 years ago. No it isnt video games and movies or music it is the hippie parents. Makes me wonder if all the drugs taken by the baby boomers didn't fuck up our kids. Mental health seems to be growing like a virus all around us.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
What this is is not a gun problem... We have had guns for centuries. What this is is a culture problem. Think about how much more violent we are now then we were 20, 30 years ago. No it isnt video games and movies or music it is the hippie parents. Makes me wonder if all the drugs taken by the baby boomers didn't fuck up our kids. Mental health seems to be growing like a virus all around us.

Nah, we just don't lock them up anymore. It is hard to commit someone now.

I agree.

Gun culture? Yup... Grandma's waving her .45 because someone just cut the line at the supermarket... :lol: Get a grip. Wow... I do hope you protect your kids with numerous layers of bubble wrap every time you leave the house... Don't want those dangerous automobiles getting the best of them. You sound like a paranoid delusional freak. Newsflash: The World is full of murderers, and sometimes they commit evil acts against innocents... It's been happening long before we were around. I hope you find the strength to leave your house someday... It's a scary world out there. Your poor kids... Growing up in a family that lives in delusional fear. Odds are very good that your more likely to get killed by a drunk driver than a madman shooting a gun... Deal with it.

These school shootings almost never happen outside of the United States. When you go into a restaurant in Europe there are no signs concerning who can bring firearms into the restaurant, because people do not carry them, do not need them. Go out into the world and look around before you start calling me names.

I agree.

Then shut the fuck up about how we wish to live

I am sorry that you fear my opinion.

Nah, we just don't lock them up anymore. It is hard to commit someone now.

I never thought about that......Interesting point

These school shootings almost never happen outside of the United States. When you go into a restaurant in Europe there are no signs concerning who can bring firearms into the restaurant, because people do not carry them, do not need them. Go out into the world and look around before you start calling me names.

Really?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/world/europe/anders-behring-breivik-murder-trial.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It is not just Americans, mental illnes is rising worldwide.
Omar Shahid: Why is Mental Illness on the Rise?
New findings from the European College of Psychopharmacology reports that 164.8 million Europeans - 38.2% of the population - suffers from a mental disorder.

Mental Illness on the Rise in the U.S. | Psychology Today

What would be the common denominator among people worldwide?
This is what we should be asking.
Maybe it's the mind altering drugs being give to our young? I don't know.

Fuck you.

I'm with 21 beautiful and innocent kindergarteners day after day week after week and YOU don't expect me to be grieving this tragedy?

Take your smug NRA attitude and shove it up your ass.
Fuck you for thinking that vets are not haunted by any killings they did. You pathetic excuse for a human.

What most led to these killings happening? Mental illness or legal guns?

Israel and Switzerland make a gun license available on demand to every law-abiding adult. Both countries also allow CCW and yet both countries have low rates of homicide.

The Columbine killers violated around 20 firearms laws. So much for the rule of law. Murder is illegal but people still kill. Drugs are illegal but people still use and traffic them.

I think it is time to focus on what the common denominator is for these mass killings. Is it certain prescription drugs? The treatment and outpatient care of the mentally ill in general? The culture we live in? The lack of respect for life? All or some of the above?

People trying to blame guns with no concern it seems for cause, the motive, are truly shortsighted imo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back