Elementary school shooting

Fortress Kindergarten. Armed guards in schools, on campuses, in theaters, all over. That's the answer? An assailant firing hundreds of rounds a minute seems to be the problem. And that seems to be the way to eliminate this modern and tragic phenomena of mass shootings. Such tragedies were impossible before weapons designed to kill as many human beings as possible were foisted upon the American public by gun manufacturers and their lackey lobbyists. There certainly were shootings, but not on a mass scale. The answer to the fire isn't pour on more gasoline. The answer is to stop access to weapons better held by a well regulated militia.

Connecticut has done it the gun grabbers way for years . Now Connecticut has proven gun control does not work. Now it's time to do it my way. Arm the citizens of the state.
Within my lifetime the access to semi and fully automatic weaponry, the "Saturday Night Special" cheap handgun, and high capacity magazines has eased to the point their availability is common. Also in that time, the phenomena of mass shootings has blossomed into an almost acceptable fact of modern life. Before access to weapons designed for soldiers and law enforcement, there were practically no mass gun shootings. After, we have what we are enduring today.

Can you justify the absolute need for high capacity weapons? The need for semi or fully automatic firing actions? These weapons are responsible fro the modern phenomenon of mass murder by gunfire. Is there really a reason more necessary than the lives of the victims to have such weapons in the hands of ordinary citizens and not well regulated militias?

Such weapons have no place in society. If rational heads prevail, the adolescents who think these weapons are cool would be schooled in the tragic consequence of the reality of such weapons, not the virtual video game prurient pleasure of their use. Such weapons belong in well regulated militia, not on the streets. Once confiscated, I suggest they be melted down and rendered into manhole covers to cap the putrid sewer of death they have wrought.

You are absolutely correct and you have stated it very well.

What is wrong with you people?

Do you believe that only rw children were murdered? Do you really believe that libs are untouched by this horrible tragedy?

WHY do you now use this horror for your political agenda?

I wish you wouldn't. I wish the right could join the country in trying for an answer but just as with the lies about President Obama, an answer to this national tragedy is not what you want. Instead, as so many of you have said, you actually want more guns, more deaths, more dead children.

And, if you get what you want, you'll blame the left for those dead children.
The gun grabbers start this fight long ago they are the ones who always make it political. Now a gun grabber wants to stop making it political?
OH right here's the deal end all gun control .

If by "gun grabber" you mean someone who wants to ban guns, you're wrong and you know it. Making up lies doesn't help.

If you did not mean me, please show me where someone else said they want to "grab guns".

My point still stands. You're using this to further a really disgusting agenda and then you blame the left when you get the inevitable outcome.
Horse shit you lying son of a bitch.

We have a problem. We need to solve the problem. The reluctance to seek solutions to the problem is difficult for me to understand. Your fears are getting in the way of rational thought.

we need to use all the facts at our disposal to make better laws to end this.

some only want the NRA to tell us how to respond

Take away all the legal guns we the people might possess. Now tell me this. Can you promise me 100 percent that no mass killings will ever happen again? If you can't make me that promise I rest my case.

Who said that "all the legal guns" should be taken away?

I have heard/read various "solutions" here and elsewhere and that was one. Remember there are multiple discussions happening about this topic.

Tell me how you would guarantee 100% that mass killings will never happen again. What would you do to make that promise a truth we can all count on?

Last edited:
Connecticut has done it the gun grabbers way for years . Now Connecticut has proven gun control does not work. Now it's time to do it my way. Arm the citizens of the state.
Within my lifetime the access to semi and fully automatic weaponry, the "Saturday Night Special" cheap handgun, and high capacity magazines has eased to the point their availability is common. Also in that time, the phenomena of mass shootings has blossomed into an almost acceptable fact of modern life. Before access to weapons designed for soldiers and law enforcement, there were practically no mass gun shootings. After, we have what we are enduring today.

Can you justify the absolute need for high capacity weapons? The need for semi or fully automatic firing actions? These weapons are responsible fro the modern phenomenon of mass murder by gunfire. Is there really a reason more necessary than the lives of the victims to have such weapons in the hands of ordinary citizens and not well regulated militias?

Such weapons have no place in society. If rational heads prevail, the adolescents who think these weapons are cool would be schooled in the tragic consequence of the reality of such weapons, not the virtual video game prurient pleasure of their use. Such weapons belong in well regulated militia, not on the streets. Once confiscated, I suggest they be melted down and rendered into manhole covers to cap the putrid sewer of death they have wrought.

You are absolutely correct and you have stated it very well.

More proof gun grabber are lying scum.

If more guns were the solution we would already be the safest nation in the world.

we have the most guns

Home schooling gets more appealing by the day.

I'm sure a few parents have had that same thought cross their minds. The killer was home schooled himself some it has been reported. Just saying. There are no promises in life that violence or death won't befall us or those we love and that is why I believe in what I do in my own personal life.

I hadn't heard that the gunman was homeschooled. His high school adviser has been quoted in several articles. It is possible that he was homeschooled at some point?

Everyone has questions and wants to find solutions. Maybe there is something that can be done. It seems to be a very small percentage of the population that commits such heinous crimes.

I just don't know.

A hypothetical question to test your sanity:

Would you rather have your children attend a school with or without armed guards and security checkpoints?

We have a problem. We need to solve the problem. The reluctance to seek solutions to the problem is difficult for me to understand. Your fears are getting in the way of rational thought.

Yes.

This is not and should not be about gun "control". It needs to be about gun "safety".

Our children have the right to be safe in their schools and we all have the right to be safe anywhere and everywhere we go.

In our madness to protect our rights we are actually giving them up. As it is now, we do not have the right to be safe and that must change.

No, I don't know the answer any more than any of the rest of you do. But, I'm certain that the answer does not lie in more guns. If more guns were the answer, we would already have solved the problem because there are more guns in our society than ever before. All we've gotten for those guns is more than 30 murders every day and horrendous mass murders like this one.

Home schooling gets more appealing by the day.

I'm sure a few parents have had that same thought cross their minds. The killer was home schooled himself some it has been reported. Just saying. There are no promises in life that violence or death won't befall us or those we love and that is why I believe in what I do in my own personal life.

I hadn't heard that the gunman was homeschooled. His high school adviser has been quoted in several articles. It is possible that he was homeschooled at some point?

Everyone has questions and wants to find solutions. Maybe there is something that can be done. It seems to be a very small percentage of the population that commits such heinous crimes.

I just don't know.

Yes it was reported that he was home schooled some as I stated in my post.

Adam Lanza's Mom Pulled Him Out of School: Relative - ABC News

I own them and will keep them
Please stop the drama queen stuff. It does not help.

Would you rather have your children attend a school with or without armed guards and security checkpoints?

That's easy. I want kids to be able to be free and safe.

I grew up with guns in my house but it never occurred to me that I wasn't safe as i went to and from school.

As I said, in our madness to keep one right, one freedom, we have given up other rights and freedoms.

Bull shit Connecticut has the toughest gun control laws the shooting has proven you are a lying cock sucker and gun control does not work.
What clearly doesn't work is the expansion of access to weapons of mass destruction. Before such weapons were widely available, there were not mass shootings. Since the NRA, gun manufacturers and paid lobbyists bought more lax gun laws, our streets are awash with death.

And calling me a lying cock sucker does not help your case. It merely shows I am dealing with a lesser person in so many ways.

I can not support armed guards and security checkpoints at schools and still support the right to possess legal guns and my 2nd Amendment.

I would like to understand why this man did what he did first.

What kind of fucking question is that?To a gun grabber if a person says yes to arm guards it's insane
If a supporter of guns asked that question and a gun grabber answered it with no to armed teachers the supporters of guns would think the gun grabber was insane.

our by laws state that we are well regulated.

Our defintion is that the ammo is stored safely, gun safety is practiced and all firearms are obtained legally.
So you own semi or fully automatic weapons? Weapons fitted with high capacity magazines? May I ask why? What use are they?

I own them and will keep them
What use are they?
What legitimate use are they? What reason can be given that trumps the lives of so many fallen by the use of such weapons? Why should the rights of an owner of such weapons be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?

Bull shit Connecticut has the toughest gun control laws the shooting has proven you are a lying cock sucker and gun control does not work.
What clearly doesn't work is the expansion of access to weapons of mass destruction. Before such weapons were widely available, there were not mass shootings. Since the NRA, gun manufacturers and paid lobbyists bought more lax gun laws, our streets are awash with death.

And calling me a lying cock sucker does not help your case. It merely shows I am dealing with a lesser person in so many ways.
Dude when lives are at stack we don't have the time to experiment on what form of gun control works. Connecticut has proven it does not work.

Forum List

Back