Elementary school shooting

Do you honestly think it's safer just to wait for killers to grow tired of shooting children, than it is to attempt to stop them?

I don't even know what to say in the face of such lunacy. They are actually saying we can best protect children by not doing anything to protect them.

You don't know that, liar.

I know that if the principal had been armed, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Well, maybe the progressive nutters would claim that she was the reason the boy tried to kill anyone...

Right ... B/c there was nooooo possible way that a semi auto would have taken her out before she could even reach for her weapon

This fantasy you have is beyond naive... It's dangerous

She rushed at an armed person, she died, Had she been able to stand in a doorway and fire back things could have been different.....

Wrong my friend, I quote The Constitution of the United States, copyright 1937 By William Guitteau and Hanson Webster. (This appears to be a teachers handbook)

"This amendment prohibits Congress from passing any law to prevent the people from keeping and carrying arms. Without this right the people would be helpless if an attempt were made to take away their liberties by force.
The State Constitutions generally contain a similar provision. But this does not prohibit laws against the carry of concealed weapons, or measures to regulate the sale and use of firearms."

Nonsense...that is just a textbooks interpretation

The people do not have the power to take over the government with arms. The Constitution gave them a stronger weapon, the power to take over the Government by vote and a free press to inform the people exactly what their government is doing

Tyranny will not be overcome by vote or a free press...

Try reading up on a guy named Tench Coxe....

Seriously Ollie, I expect better from you

You served over 20 years in the Army. Do you seriously think that a bunch of rednecks with shotguns are going to defeat a modern Army?

The US has existed for over 235 years. During that time, we have relied on our Constitution to protect us. Armed civilians have never come close to taking over our country. How did John Brown make out?

And yet, our open press and vote of We the people have kept our government in check

She might have still died, but the shooter could have been stopped.

Chances are, she wouldn't have rushed at the shooter, but would have taken aim from a different vantage point.

How that's more dangerous than a gunman walking unhindered through a kindergarten classroom and shooting every single child in it multiple times, I don't know.

You don't know that, liar.

I know that if the principal had been armed, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Well, maybe the progressive nutters would claim that she was the reason the boy tried to kill anyone...

Right ... B/c there was nooooo possible way that a semi auto would have taken her out before she could even reach for her weapon

This fantasy you have is beyond naive... It's dangerous

How many non free gun zones have had a mass shooting?

Tucson
Arizona has the most lenient gun laws in the country

University of Texas
Texas has open carry

Last edited:

The people do not have the power to take over the government with arms. The Constitution gave them a stronger weapon, the power to take over the Government by vote and a free press to inform the people exactly what their government is doing

You served over 20 years in the Army. Do you seriously think that a bunch of rednecks with shotguns are going to defeat a modern Army?

The US has existed for over 235 years. During that time, we have relied on our Constitution to protect us. Armed civilians have never come close to taking over our country. How did John Brown make out?

And yet, our open press and vote of We the people have kept our government in check

You are even misleading yourself.

The only times the citizens and local militia arose against the national government, Lincoln and the US Army murdered them.

The same would happen again.

Chances are very slim that we will ever have a tyrannical Government. Even if some believe we already do. But there is that chance, and I believe the 2nd gives us the right to at least fight against it should it happen. And that is just it, shotguns cannot do much against an M4. But an AR 15 can..... And if we had a president and congress who ,shall we say, decided to take powers for themselves that would take away the freedoms under the bill of rights, do you think it would only be a bunch of rednecks who would revolt?

I would hope that left and right leaning patriots would come together...

Not that any of this will ever happen.........But it's not as impossible as you make it out to be......

Um, yes actually. Though many will disagree. the original intent of the second amendment. That the government knows the citizenry is armed and can take action against tyranny. It's not really about protecting your home or going hunting but keeping the Government from taking your freedoms... My 308 and shotgun for instance is no match for a dumb private with an M4......

Ridiculous.

England has a gun ban.

In England it is illegal to write a story about what it will be like after the Queen dies and Charles is made King.

Just saying.
Old laws from centuries past can be silly can't they?

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Very good idea. Arm teachers with guns especially those with horrible psychological profiles.

Chances are very slim that we will ever have a tyrannical Government. Even if some believe we already do. But there is that chance, and I believe the 2nd gives us the right to at least fight against it should it happen. And that is just it, shotguns cannot do much against an M4. But an AR 15 can..... And if we had a president and congress who ,shall we say, decided to take powers for themselves that would take away the freedoms under the bill of rights, do you think it would only be a bunch of rednecks who would revolt?

Not that any of this will ever happen.........But it's not as impossible as you make it out to be......

You have seen firsthand the Army we have built. We can issue each citizen an M4 and a thousand rounds of ammo and they would not have a prayer

But guess what? We do not have a tyrannical government an because of the strength of our Constitution, we never will. Any time that our government has leaned towards tyranny the power of a free press and the wrath of the voters has straightened them out

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Very good idea. Arm teachers with guns especially those with horrible psychological profiles.

Why would you even hire a teacher with a "horrible psychological profile"?????????

You have seen firsthand the Army we have built. We can issue each citizen an M4 and a thousand rounds of ammo and they would not have a prayer

But guess what? We do not have a tyrannical government an because of the strength of our Constitution, we never will. Any time that our government has leaned towards tyranny the power of a free press and the wrath of the voters has straightened them out

And I hope you remain correct for 1000 years or better........ But I also hope that there will always be citizens willing to step up if ever needed.......

Forum List

Back