Elementary school shooting

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Very good idea. Arm teachers with guns especially those with horrible psychological profiles.

If that is the case maybe they shouldn't be teaching anyway.

A couple of months back teachers were labelled as parasites, suckling on the tax dollars of the hard-working middle class while indoctrinating the next generation with Marxist dogma.
Now they are to be the heroic gun-totin' avenging protectors of that very same next generation.

They might end up a little confused doncha think?

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Very good idea. Arm teachers with guns especially those with horrible psychological profiles.

Why would you even hire a teacher with a "horrible psychological profile"?????????

That's a very good question. You may want to ask the school that especially in light of the teachers who've been caught sexing up students.

Right ... B/c there was nooooo possible way that a semi auto would have taken her out before she could even reach for her weapon

This fantasy you have is beyond naive... It's dangerous

How many non free gun zones have had a mass shooting?

Tucson
Arizona has the most lenient gun laws in the country

University of Texas
Texas has open carry

Texas does not have open carry. In fact it did not even have concealed carry when the UT shooting went down. Even now, you can't carry on a college campus unless you are a police officer.

Seriously Ollie, I expect better from you

You served over 20 years in the Army. Do you seriously think that a bunch of rednecks with shotguns are going to defeat a modern Army?

The US has existed for over 235 years. During that time, we have relied on our Constitution to protect us. Armed civilians have never come close to taking over our country. How did John Brown make out?

And yet, our open press and vote of We the people have kept our government in check

Chances are very slim that we will ever have a tyrannical Government. Even if some believe we already do. But there is that chance, and I believe the 2nd gives us the right to at least fight against it should it happen. And that is just it, shotguns cannot do much against an M4. But an AR 15 can..... And if we had a president and congress who ,shall we say, decided to take powers for themselves that would take away the freedoms under the bill of rights, do you think it would only be a bunch of rednecks who would revolt?

I would hope that left and right leaning patriots would come together...

Not that any of this will ever happen.........But it's not as impossible as you make it out to be......

You have seen firsthand the Army we have built. We can issue each citizen an M4 and a thousand rounds of ammo and they would not have a prayer

But guess what? We do not have a tyrannical government an because of the strength of our Constitution, we never will. Any time that our government has leaned towards tyranny the power of a free press and the wrath of the voters has straightened them out

The strength of our Constitution protects us from the PATRIOT Act.

Wait a second.

Chances are very slim that we will ever have a tyrannical Government. Even if some believe we already do. But there is that chance, and I believe the 2nd gives us the right to at least fight against it should it happen. And that is just it, shotguns cannot do much against an M4. But an AR 15 can..... And if we had a president and congress who ,shall we say, decided to take powers for themselves that would take away the freedoms under the bill of rights, do you think it would only be a bunch of rednecks who would revolt?

Not that any of this will ever happen.........But it's not as impossible as you make it out to be......

You have seen firsthand the Army we have built. We can issue each citizen an M4 and a thousand rounds of ammo and they would not have a prayer

But guess what? We do not have a tyrannical government an because of the strength of our Constitution, we never will. Any time that our government has leaned towards tyranny the power of a free press and the wrath of the voters has straightened them out

Wait a second.

Damn he took a big swallow of the kool aid.

England has a gun ban.

In England it is illegal to write a story about what it will be like after the Queen dies and Charles is made King.

Just saying.
Old laws from centuries past can be silly can't they?

They still enforce it, don't pretend it is one of those laws they pretend is not on the books.

I wasn't pretending any such thing.
Maybe they should re-examine the law in light of the world having changed in, oh I don't know, say the last 223-odd years.

Wait a second.

As bad as it is.......yes it does

The Patriot Act was enacted in a period of hysteria against the threat of terrorism. But regardless, it represented the will of the people. We the People elected them. Bad legislation is part of the government we have built

The Patriot Act was not forced on the people by a tyrannical government. It was voted on and approved by Congress. In time we will repeal it

Are you saying that if Sandy Hook had trained and armed security it wouldn't have made any difference?

Getting rid of redundant and useless gov't employees is good. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because he is JoeB and he knows everything, ask him he'll tell you........

I know that hiring a minimum wage Rent a Cop wouldn't have made a difference. WHich is what I think this moron was suggesting.

You don't read very well, do you?

This is what I said:

If someone at a school is going to be armed it should be hired, trained professional security personnel. Imagine if Sandy Hook had an armed security person or two. Chances of those killed being alive would be so much greater.

Rent-a-cop is what you suggest, not me.

Because they are only "Redundant" and "useless" when you guys get to tax time.

A hurricane hits, a crazy person storms a school, terrorists slam a plane into a building and those "useless" government workers become "Brave first responders". At least until after the crisis is over.

Ignoring my question and changing the subject, nicely done.

:rolleyes:

Are you saying that if Sandy Hook had trained and armed security it wouldn't have made any difference?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying....

First, how many armed guards do you think Newton CT, which had only one homicide in a decade, was going to really spring for?

Second, what kind of quality of a guard do you think they were going to get?

I've been to security buildings, and frankly, they are pretty much good at making you sign in and that's about it.

For those playing along at home, I do resumes as a side business. And one of my clients told me he used to work for an Armored Car company. He got no training and the company issued gun they gave him "Was used to play floor hockey", it was in such poor shape.

And that was an armored car company. Where real money was involved.

Once again, you assume a low-paid, poorly trained person would be hired. That's the first thing you think of and who you'd hire to protect the kids in school.

If someone at a school is going to be armed it should be hired, trained, professional security personnel. If Sandy Hook had such personnel in the school those kids and teachers would be alive and Adam Lanza would be the one shot 11 times.

Wait a second.

As bad as it is.......yes it does

The Patriot Act was enacted in a period of hysteria against the threat of terrorism. But regardless, it represented the will of the people. We the People elected them. Bad legislation is part of the government we have built

The Patriot Act was not forced on the people by a tyrannical government. It was voted on and approved by Congress. In time we will repeal it

It represented the will of the politicians, not the people.

You don't know that, liar.

I know that if the principal had been armed, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Well, maybe the progressive nutters would claim that she was the reason the boy tried to kill anyone...

Right ... B/c there was nooooo possible way that a semi auto would have taken her out before she could even reach for her weapon

This fantasy you have is beyond naive... It's dangerous

how about the school nurse? She was hiding under her desk and could see him though the hole in the back of the desk.

He turned around and walked away..... perfect time to have put him down with a shot to the back of the head.

The teachers were doing what they could to protect the children.... i would rather have them armed in that attempt.

There is a thing i tell my sil.... HER son is safer with ME then with her. Why? Because i am ready and willing to kill to protect her son.... she is not.

I think that an armed person on each campus would by itself be enough to deter a coward coming on to the gun free campus.

no one ever wants ..... someone shooting back. It spoils all the fun!

I keep saying that criminals prefer their victims unarmed. But the left wants us all unarmed so the armed bad guys and loons can wreck havoc in even more places. :cuckoo:

I think that an armed person on each campus would by itself be enough to deter a coward coming on to the gun free campus.

I keep saying that criminals prefer their victims unarmed. But the left wants us all unarmed so the armed bad guys and loons can wreck havoc in even more places. :cuckoo:

i always laugh at how fast the tune changes..... once they are victims of violence themselves.

Yep, that's exactly what they want :cuckoo:

Gun bans don't work, no firearms will be turned in. nothing will be accomplished people will continue to die at thew wrong end of a gun. While gun grabbers will path themselves on the back America will burn.

Personally, I would hyphenate 'gun grabber' thus - 'gun-grabber'.

Personally I could care less about what someone thinks who lives in a country that has a gun ban and they know that it has failed and supports it being pushed in another country.
Do we have an understanding on this?

Apart from the fact we have no gun ban - but measured control measures - I'm interested in how you think they have failed us.
No, more than that, I'm really interested.

Thnk about why the Secret Service, unlike NYPD, opted not to fire into a crowd to take down a lone gunman.
And you expect an armed Kindergarten teacher to have the same level of discipline?

Why not? If someone is intelligent enough to be entrusted with the education of children, surely they can be adequately trained with a firearm. How mentally slow do you think teachers are?
Gee! It must be astounding to believe that everyone can be trained to discharge weapons around children as easily as they might be trained for any other task. I wonder why so many people wash out of training programs? Are they all mentally slow?

Why aren't all fry cooks also physicists? Why are some folks who are adaptable to underwater welding, not also great floral designers?

A simplistic mind would proffer something as simple as your post. Tragically, life ain't that simple.

Personally, I would hyphenate 'gun grabber' thus - 'gun-grabber'.

Personally I could care less about what someone thinks who lives in a country that has a gun ban and they know that it has failed and supports it being pushed in another country.
Do we have an understanding on this?

Apart from the fact we have no gun ban - but measured control measures - I'm interested in how you think they have failed us.
No, more than that, I'm really interested.

You don't have a gun ban?
Can you have a semi automatic firearm?
What was that mandatory buy back of guns?
No gun ban huh?

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Forum List

Back