Ellen DeGeneres

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
This woman constantly makes me feel better about humanity.

Ellen DeGeneres gives $10,000 to waitress who paid soldiers' tab - latimes.com

They said they had to keep it light since they had been furloughed as a result of the government shutdown and were therefore not getting paid.

"It just got me thinking, 'Geez, that's really difficult'," Hoidahl told DeGeneres. "I'm a waitress and a single mother. I know how it is."

So instead of giving the women a check when they finished their meals, Hoidahl gave them a note.

"Thanks to the government shutdown the people like you that protect this country are not getting paid, however I still am. Lunch is on me thank you for serving ladies! Have a good day!" the note read.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmaLRCiGZY]An Inspiring Waitress Gets an Amazing Surprise - YouTube[/ame]

I've always liked Ellen. And her wife is HOT!

portia-de-rossi-20656.jpg

Found it...

Ellen DeGeneres has supported the following charities:

American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
Andre Agassi Foundation for Education
Artists Against Racism
Best Friends Animal Society
Children's Health Fund
Clothes Off Our Back
Declare Yourself
Elton John AIDS Foundation
Entertainment Industry Foundation
Farm Sanctuary
Feeding America
FHI 360
GLSEN
Halo Pet Foundation
Heifer International
It Gets Better Project
Love Our Children USA
Malaria No More
Musicians on Call

Music Rising
Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
ONE Campaign
Peace First
Project Cuddle
PROJECT ZAMBI
Red Cross
Save The Music Foundation
Society for Animal Protective Legislation
Soles4Souls
Stand Up To Cancer
Stephen J Wampler Foundation
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
STOMP Out Bullying
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
The Gentle Barn
The Humane Society
The Trevor Project

Read more: Ellen DeGeneres: Charity Work & Causes - Look to the Stars
Follow us: @looktothestars on Twitter | looktothestarsorg on Facebook

Not a dime to any wounded soldier projects or their families.

Last edited:
You can't buy that kind of PR for 10k.

Has Ellen donated to any Soldier charities?

You expect her to toot her horn on that front? Really?

Are you donating to soldier charities?

Yes.

Really? Wow? Which ones. How much. How often. Inquiring minds want to know.

And you already visited every one of those sites, and you are sure that none of them help wounded soldiers? Maybe she prefers to donate from the peace end of things.

Know how I know you're a dick?

There are several ways Ellen could have handled this. First, she could have given this woman they money in private. Second, she could have donated to "Wounded Warriors Project" (or something similar) on behalf of this woman.

But no, she has to make a big splash about it ON HER TV SHOW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmaLRCiGZY&feature=player_embedded]An Inspiring Waitress Gets an Amazing Surprise - YouTube[/ame]

Look at this link in the Hollywood Reporter...

Ellen DeGeneres Gives $10,000 to Waitress for Soldiers' Tab (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

Does it have a pic of the waitress? Does it have a pic of the female soldiers? No. There's a big fat fucking pic of Ellen to remind us of how wonderful she is.

Now I appreciate anyone of Ellen's financial ability donating to worthy causes. I wish I had that kind of disposable income to bestow on charities i believe worthy...as I guess ost of us do.

I object when they turn that altruistic moment into a PR photo op. How do you think all the media venues talking about it got the story, got the pics, got the videos?

Her PR firm.

I would have been much more impressed if she gave the money to a deserving soldier or vets organization...quietly.

Fuck Ellen.

Last edited:
Based on the causes she supports, namely peace groups and children's health groups along with various cancer and animal welfare causes I am not surprised she isn't a Wounded Warrior supporter. It either didn't occur to her (doubtful) or she believes (rightly so) that there are other celebs who are supporting those endeavors.

In other words she supports those things that most speak to her. How shocking. And for the record, only Jews are supposed to be charitable anonymously.

So what if she doesn't donate to wounded soldiers?

I could be a multi millionaire and if I were..I would donate to the cancer foundation and ASPCA. Period. It's my money. So who the hell are you to judge who donates to whatever, or how much?

So what if she doesn't donate to wounded soldiers?

I could be a multi millionaire and if I were..I would donate to the cancer foundation and ASPCA. Period. It's my money. So who the hell are you to judge who donates to whatever, or how much?

Exactly.

And I'd start a no-kill shelter on 100 acres of land, like the Gentle Barn which she DOES support.

And nobody would ever see me again. :)

I have always liked Ellen - she's funny and it's great that she did that for the waitress.

Forum List

Back