Ending health insurance for 13 million to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy?

Why do many states give tax breaks to corporations who move their HQ to those states? The rich corporations don’t need tax breaks, right?
Not if they pass the cost to the consumer.

The cost for a tax cut is passed on to the consumer?

You have to walk me through your math.

Cite an example of what you are trying to explain.
Why do they need a tax break?

Just walk me through what you meant.

You said. “Not if they pass the cost to the consumer.”

Just walk me through the math of your claim. I am not following what you mean.

Give a practical example to illustrate your claim.
Why does a Firm which can pass the cost of the tax to the consumer need a tax break?
Dude, it’s obviously too complicated for you

Not if they pass the cost to the consumer.

Why does a Firm which can pass the cost of the tax to the consumer need a tax break?
This is why I don't take the right wing seriously about economics.

This is why I don't take the right wing seriously about economics.
I understand, it’s way over your head!

You're kind of a commie, aren't you?

Anyone who is hoarding money is a damn idiot. It loses value too fast. This is just an excuse to bring in communism. Don't deny it. You know you are a mothefucking goose-stepper.
:lol:

The most common commie excuses are:
  • Job Automation
  • Wealth Hoarding
  • Global Warming
  • Oil Production destroys the land
The list goes on and on. Either you are naive as fuck, or you are a dishonest pinko. Which is it?
Why do the rich need a tax break that increases the debt?
Why do you care? How does it affect you?
It is simple income redistribution. The right wing only complain when the poor may benefit.
Why should the poor benefit? They don’t pay into it
The poor simply circulating capital engenders a positive multiplier effect on our economy.

All the right wing has, is hate on the poor.
The poor spend ever cent they get as fast as they get it and borrow more because they need it to live on. The wealthy on the other hand spend a relatively small percent of their income. For example, Warren Buffet makes about 37 million dollars a day. His personal expenses are about $400 a day. What does he do with the rest of his money? He gives it away, and invests it, about half in the US and half overseas.

Putting money in the hands of the poor has a much greater effect on consumer spending than giving it to the rich. It's true that tax breaks for the wealth may end up building new factories and stores thus creating jobs. However it is also true that much of that money today is used to retire debt, buy back stock, invest overseas, and collect interest in high yield money markets and treasury bills.

Why do the rich need a tax break that increases the debt?
It is simple income redistribution. The right wing only complain when the poor may benefit.
The poor simply circulating capital engenders a positive multiplier effect on our economy.

The poor spend ever cent they get as fast as they get it and borrow more because they need it to live on. The wealthy on the other hand spend a relatively small percent of their income. For example, Warren Buffet makes about 37 million dollars a day. His personal expenses are about $400 a day. What does he do with the rest of his money? He gives it away, and invests it, about half in the US and half overseas.

Putting money in the hands of the poor has a much greater effect on consumer spending than giving it to the rich. It's true that tax breaks for the wealth may end up building new factories and stores thus creating jobs. However it is also true that much of that money today is used to retire debt, buy back stock, invest overseas, and collect interest in high yield money markets and treasury bills.
Too funny, 400 a day vs 400 a month and the poor spend more. Can’t make this shit up

Republicans were elected in droves when you people passed ACA, wait your logic doesn't seem to add up.

Yet record numbers have enrolled for 2018 despite the shortened enrollment period.

your logic doesn't seem to add up.

When you force people to enroll under penalty of law and fines you don't get to brag. That's why you libs are shitting your pants about Trump abolishing the ACA mandate giving people a choice whether or not to enroll. :itsok:

It's very popular. It's destruction by Repubs will bring the ire of the country upon them.
The mandate is very unpopular and absolutely unnecessary

Dem's need the mandate to force some people to overpay for insurance, so they can steal their money and hand it out to Dem moochers.
The Democrats run 9 out of the ten richest states the Republicans run 9 out the ten poorest states.

total bullshit.

If tax cuts always pay for themselves let's cut taxes by 20% a year & eventually, there will be no taxes & the government will have plenty of money.

You people have no logic, have no experience, have no ability to think. You can only be a sponge in the cesspool of fox, Breitbart, Limbaugh, and Trump
If cutting taxes worked, we would have no debt.
You have no debt if you balanced spending and revenue so figure what has to change

We had a balanced budget after 8 years of a Democrat President.

What the fuck happened? In came your buddy Bush who cut taxes several times & led us down the path to huge deficits & the worse recession in 80 fucking yeas.,

You assholes have some serve talking like you want a balanced budget. I have news, borrowing a trillion dollars so the Trump's of the world can get a tax cuts worth millions of dollars is just assinine.

Who cuts taxes when the economy has been growing for years?

Internet bubbles are cool!!!

Democrats never cut taxes.

How do you pay off the national debt or reduce the deficit if you cut taxes, build a wall, and fight wars against Arabs and North Korea?

Republicans were elected in droves when you people passed ACA, wait your logic doesn't seem to add up.

Yet record numbers have enrolled for 2018 despite the shortened enrollment period.

When you force people to enroll under penalty of law and fines you don't get to brag. That's why you libs are shitting your pants about Trump abolishing the ACA mandate giving people a choice whether or not to enroll. :itsok:

It's very popular. It's destruction by Repubs will bring the ire of the country upon them.

Dem's need the mandate to force some people to overpay for insurance, so they can steal their money and hand it out to Dem moochers.

Stop lying!

total bullshit.

If tax cuts always pay for themselves let's cut taxes by 20% a year & eventually, there will be no taxes & the government will have plenty of money.

You people have no logic, have no experience, have no ability to think. You can only be a sponge in the cesspool of fox, Breitbart, Limbaugh, and Trump
You have no debt if you balanced spending and revenue so figure what has to change

What the fuck happened? In came your buddy Bush who cut taxes several times & led us down the path to huge deficits & the worse recession in 80 fucking yeas.,

You assholes have some serve talking like you want a balanced budget. I have news, borrowing a trillion dollars so the Trump's of the world can get a tax cuts worth millions of dollars is just assinine.

How do you pay off the national debt or reduce the deficit if you cut taxes, build a wall, and fight wars against Arabs and North Korea?

If you boot 10 or 15 million illegal aliens, how much does that save?
Here in Chicago, we waste...err...spend about $16,000 per student.

cumulative_changes_in_health_insurance_premiums_inflation_and_workers_earnings_1999_2009.jpg

Take a good look at that chart.

You could extend it back a few more decades, and it would look even worse.

During all that time, the Republicans offered up NOTHING.

As health care costs outpaced worker's wages and inflation for DECADES, a larger and larger percentage of the population was priced out of the health insurance market over that time.

During all of those decades, Democrats said they would solve the problem with "socialized medicine". That's what it was called decades ago. Now the popular term is "single payer health care".

So the Democrats were telegraphing ALL THAT TIME exactly what they would do if they ever got the chance.

Still, the Republicans did NOTHING.

This is what has convinced me that the Republican Party sold us all down the river to socialize medicine decades ago. Their consent by silence is the dead giveaway.

This was further confirmed by the 60 repeals of ObamaCare during Obama's regime. The GOP knew Obama would veto any repeal which happened to make it to his desk.

During all those years, I told the pseudocon tards that the GOP repeals were "theater for the rubes". But they kept falling for the hoax over and over and over. They never tired of it, and came in their shorts every time.

Then the GOP got full power, and suddenly the repeal of ObamaCare dropped dead in its tracks.

TA-DAAAAAAA! Theater for the rubes confirmed!
Funny how you failed to include the Obamacare influence ... probably just a slip, huh?

That's not proof of anything.
How about you post some supporting evidence such as articles or a link to the insurer's web page that state premiums will rise that significantly in 2018.

Obamacare premiums are set to soar in 2018 — but there's a big catch

It proves how much the premiums for my employees are rising. You see you post news articles full of bullshit I give you a page from my insurance company which is Anthem BCBS CT telling me what the premiums for my employees will be and the percentage of the increase over 2017 rates

and I'm not turning off my ad blocker to read your links
If that excerpt you posted is true your employees premiums are not rising because of Obamacare. here is what I see on that document: It seems to be the ACA fees only added a little bit over 126.00 dollars to the premium. View attachment 166263

So you think the only thing that makes insurance rates rise is Obammycare fees? I guess those premium hikes have nothing to do with the fact that no one can be denied insurance and that insurance companies cannot cap benefits of the fact that insurance companies must charge for coverage that many people do not need or want.
You are probably old enough to remember that insurance premiums increased every year before Obama even became a senator, let alone before he was elected president. But, the difference now is that sick people who couldn't afford insurance before are now using their new found benefit to get medical attention. Insurance companies are having to pay and they don't like it because it cut into their profits and it diminishes the CEO's bonus packages. But wait...didn't the architects of the PPACA consider that? Here is what the pundits are saying about it:

A Quick Guide to Rising Obamacare Rates

Of course they did but I never saw a 70% increase in one year.

And I never used to pay for coverage I didn't want or need like pediatric services, drug counseling and maternity coverage. FYI I am a male and do not have kids and will not have kids.

Last edited:
This is yet another example of how pathetic the Republican Party has become. Trump was already this pathetic.

Ending the mandate will cause 13 million to no longer be insured. The Republicans will save the money that would be spent on health insurance subsidies. Where do they think these people will get healthcare? Using the system without paying. More children on CHIP ( If Republicans decide to renew it at current levels). Who pays for that? We do.

Trump & the Republicans want to save money by reducing the number signing up for health insurance on the exchanges.

Chickenfuck Trump cut the enrollment period & reduced the outreach to help people get insurance. The same practice these pathetic assholes use to depress the vote.

Republicans keep to their traditions: Keep handing rich people & corporations money & making the middle class pay for it.

Ryan said SS, Medicare & Medicaid is next. After adding a trillion to the deficit, they will cry about debt & blame it on these programs.

The fact is that Republicans suck big slimy moose dick.,

Most experts agree that these tax cuts will not pay for themselves. Trump is kicking the debt can down the road to enrich his already rich friends at the expense of future generations of poor and middle class Americans. On Christmas Day - think about the millions who will lose their health insurance in order to help pay for Trump's tax cut con job.
Tax cuts do not have to be paid for.
Yes, they do, if they add to the debt.
The only things that adds to the debt are spending and borrowing

How about you post some supporting evidence such as articles or a link to the insurer's web page that state premiums will rise that significantly in 2018.

It proves how much the premiums for my employees are rising. You see you post news articles full of bullshit I give you a page from my insurance company which is Anthem BCBS CT telling me what the premiums for my employees will be and the percentage of the increase over 2017 rates

It proves how much the premiums for my employees are rising

It doesn't. It's a document that you claim is your employee premiums.

Like I said, post links from your state or from your insurer that speak to such rate hikes.

I don't have to because my insurer told me what my rate hikes are going to be.

Why would I go to a third party to learn what my insurance company told me directly?

And besides my insurance is a group insurance and not individual so all the premiums for individual insurance that you looked at do not apply.

We have been paying 90% of our employees' premiums since we opened 10 years ago but we simply cannot continue to do that in the face of a 70% increase in our costs.

Now we are not legally mandated to offer insurance but we do. We cannot get breaks on group rates because we only have 5 people on insurance. So our only option is to have people get their own insurance and we will reimburse them under Section 105 HRA
I don't have to

Because you're full of shit.

Like I said I posted the actual coverage page from my business group plan.

You think I give a flying or any other kind of fuck if you believe it?

If you boot 10 or 15 million illegal aliens, how much does that save?
Here in Chicago, we waste...err...spend about $16,000 per student.

Thats a good question; but, to answer intelligently I'd have go know how many illegals are in school. Some of their children were born here so they don't count in your assessment. I suspect most are workers who pay into the SS and payroll tax funds without reaping the benefits. Those undocumented workers and their taxed labor may be essential to maintaining the well being of native born Americans when they reach retirement age,

If that excerpt you posted is true your employees premiums are not rising because of Obamacare. here is what I see on that document: It seems to be the ACA fees only added a little bit over 126.00 dollars to the premium. View attachment 166263

So you think the only thing that makes insurance rates rise is Obammycare fees? I guess those premium hikes have nothing to do with the fact that no one can be denied insurance and that insurance companies cannot cap benefits of the fact that insurance companies must charge for coverage that many people do not need or want.
You are probably old enough to remember that insurance premiums increased every year before Obama even became a senator, let alone before he was elected president. But, the difference now is that sick people who couldn't afford insurance before are now using their new found benefit to get medical attention. Insurance companies are having to pay and they don't like it because it cut into their profits and it diminishes the CEO's bonus packages. But wait...didn't the architects of the PPACA consider that? Here is what the pundits are saying about it:

And I never used to pay for coverage I didn't want or need like pediatric services, drug counseling and maternity coverage. FYI I am a male and do not have kids and will not have kids.

Did you read the link?

"These increases really matter only for those who buy their own insurance. Most people are unaffected by the rate increases because they get their insurance through an employer or are covered through government programs like Medicare, Medicaid or the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Only a small fraction of Americans who have insurance buy individual policies. There are about 10 million people in the Obamacare markets and around an additional seven million who buy health plans outside the marketplace, according to Obama administration estimates. The published rate increases apply only to people who shop in the markets, but premiums are expected to go up sharply for the other plans as well."

I suspect your carrier is using Obamacare as a smokescreen to gouge you. If your rates rose to 70% I hope you shopped for another plan before Dec 16. BTW did you notice that the GOP shortened the open season deadline for healthcare shopping, It went from 90 days under the Democrats to 45 days under the Republicans. No one is talking about that, not even the so-called liberal nor the RW media is carrying that story. There were few Infomercials to remind people of the impending deadline, or, more importantly the need to reapply. Your last application doesn't carry over. so millions, thinking their last application carried over might now be without coverage and will be required to pay the penalty. The penalty mandate is still in effect until 2019.

Did you read the link?

"These increases really matter only for those who buy their own insurance. Most people are unaffected by the rate increases because they get their insurance through an employer or are covered through government programs like Medicare, Medicaid or the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Only a small fraction of Americans who have insurance buy individual policies. There are about 10 million people in the Obamacare markets and around an additional seven million who buy health plans outside the marketplace, according to Obama administration estimates. The published rate increases apply only to people who shop in the markets, but premiums are expected to go up sharply for the other plans as well."

I suspect your carrier is using Obamacare as a smokescreen to gouge you. If your rates rose to 70% I hope you shopped for another plan before Dec 16. BTW did you notice that the GOP shortened the open season deadline for healthcare shopping, It went from 90 days under the Democrats to 45 days under the Republicans. No one is talking about that, not even the so-called liberal nor the RW media is carrying that story. There were few Infomercials to remind people of the impending deadline, or, more importantly the need to reapply. Your last application doesn't carry over. so millions, thinking their last application carried over might now be without coverage and will be required to pay the penalty. The penalty mandate is still in effect until 2019.

And that 70% increase I am getting hit with is for my employee group health insurance.

And when that reality hits their constituents, the GOP's chances to maintain control over all three branches of government will go down in flames.

The ACA is more popular than not, dope.

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: The Public’s Views on the ACA

Too funny, 400 a day vs 400 a month and the poor spend more. Can’t make this shit up

Yes, dope. Very few people VS a hundred million people.

Which is more?

10,000 people spending a million or 50-100 million spending a thousand?

BTW, those 50- 100 million spend that thousand many times over.

Yes the Democrats have been fucking the poor since the War on Poverty, where trillions of dollars have been wasted and the poor are still poor. Time to take away their food and housing and make THE POOR actually get to fucking work. Less poverty, less unemployment, more contributions to healthcare, and social security. Talk about a win, win for the country and a big time loser for the Democrat(Victim) party.

Forum List

Back