English as the Official Language

Typical hateful liberal for whom human life means nothing.

Did you open your mouth again and see nothing but vile and hate come out?

There is one way to fix that, denounce, right now, all support for any and all rightwing agendas, and maybe, just maybe, we wont send you to the reeducation camp

You haven't been trying to 'debate,' you idiot troll. You've been trying to show what a pointless loser you can be. Well done so far.

This 'technique' isn't working for you either, bigot-troll. Go back to the playground and see if they have any other ideas for you.

That's it bigot, make yourself look like even more of an idiot. If the thread is dead, you killed it by going off on your bigoted bullshit rant, just like you've killed dozens and dozens (and dozens) of threads here. Everyone else notices the pattern even if you are too stupid to see it.

If English became our official language.....

The lady behind you in the supermarket would still be yelling at her kids in Spanish
The guy at the gas station with a turban would still blabber to his buddy in Pakistani
You would still have to press 1 for English

All it does is force some obscure government forms to be printed in English

But at least they would eventually be able to speak English...

I could care less if others want to speak another language just as long as they know English..

I've had it with kids having to translate for their parents and I've had it when I ask someone a question and all they say is "no speak English."

English should be mandatory for immigrants...

Besides, it's not like most countries don't make basic English a mandatory lesson in their public schools...

As a hockey fan and a regular chatter on hockey message boards I talk to people all over the world and their English grammar is impeccable despite it being their second language. So I don't understand how one could not speak English..

I've had it with kids having to translate for their parents and I've had it when I ask someone a question and all they say is "no speak English."..

You've had it? And who the hell are you again? There is no law or regulation that will change the fact that some people living here, including citizens, don't speak English well. Some children of immigrants will always play the role of interpreter for their parents or grandparents. Some people will be wise enough to admit they can't speak English very much at all to avoid misunderstandings. What you have had enough of is entirely irrelevant.

Rep. Steve King of Iowa spoke yesterday in support of a bill he introduced a year ago to make English the official language of the US. As most probably know, we do not now have an official language.

Michigan Rep. John Conyers gave his rebuttal in less-than-perfect Spanish.

So Puerto Rico must now abandon their native language?

If English became our official language.....

The lady behind you in the supermarket would still be yelling at her kids in Spanish
The guy at the gas station with a turban would still blabber to his buddy in Pakistani
You would still have to press 1 for English

All it does is force some obscure government forms to be printed in English

But at least they would eventually be able to speak English...

I could care less if others want to speak another language just as long as they know English..

I've had it with kids having to translate for their parents and I've had it when I ask someone a question and all they say is "no speak English."

English should be mandatory for immigrants...

Besides, it's not like most countries don't make basic English a mandatory lesson in their public schools...

As a hockey fan and a regular chatter on hockey message boards I talk to people all over the world and their English grammar is impeccable despite it being their second language. So I don't understand how one could not speak English..

Bizarre, really bizarre

You are indeed the ugly american

Forum List

Back