Escaping Christianity

Pray to your God that the company where I work will have funds to pay me on payday.

Pray to your God that the car I drive starts up every day next week.

Pray to your God that President Trump is not assassinated this week.

Pray to your God that my local supermarket still has canned soup in stock.

If your God can answer these prayers then I will reconsider my atheistic position and totally turn my life back to Christ Jesus.

If Jesus is not true, there is absolutely zero value on meditating on his words and actions. His is an absolutely unattainable standard by any human being save Himself. So then, since that is true, the "horror" comes when humans, unable to achieve his standards and knowing it, project their unworthiness on other also unworthy humans.

This is hillarious.

Your church didn't teach grace? They expected people to actually live out the Sermon on the Mount?

What is grace? Just kidding. As a kid I attended church Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night. In my early adulthood I was a bit lax for about 5 years. After that I still attended church more than regularly and was even Chairman of Deacons for a medium sized church that averaged 300 ish in attendance. I have read the entire Bible 3 times. Do you want to quiz me on Biblical concepts or common Christian practices? I am no idiot. I am leaving Christianity because it is retarded that people pray for God to heal them and He never does. Doctors always end up doing it or not doing it. Either that or the body ends up healing itself. Some people die that receive pray and some don't. That is the same odds as any other event in life. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. It is retarded that Jonah lived in a whale for 3 days. It is retarded that Joshua walked around a building and it fell down. There is a lot of retarded things that Christian's believe from the Bible. That gullabilty affects other areas of life. That superstitious stuff is totally retarded and you know it too but continually lie to yourself. You know that nobody believes in that mess. They just pretend or systematically lie to themselves so they will not notice that they do not believe it. It is just dumb and has nothing at all to do with the kind of church I attend. Talking to an invisible man is stupid no matter what kind of church I go to.

Okay this is a mess. You claimed to love the Bible. Now you're dogging the Bible, I suspect because I got really close to the truth--that in reality, your church is a mess. Right?

Most of it was campfire chat until it met print 300AD or so, then it was politicized by the council of nicaea when Constantine's coliseum became bored with feeding christians to lions ......

BlogKeesling.jpg

~S~

but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me
Well, HERE'S your problem! I sincerely hope you can work out this conflict in your head. You're certainly not doing anyone a favor "teaching" what you dont understand.

I was going to give a sarcastic answer (it's my nature) but Christ warns, "See that you dont offend My little ones." and cause them to further stumble. Matt 18

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded

If Jesus is not true, there is absolutely zero value on meditating on his words and actions. His is an absolutely unattainable standard by any human being save Himself. So then, since that is true, the "horror" comes when humans, unable to achieve his standards and knowing it, project their unworthiness on other also unworthy humans.

This is hillarious.

Your church didn't teach grace? They expected people to actually live out the Sermon on the Mount?

What is grace? Just kidding. As a kid I attended church Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night. In my early adulthood I was a bit lax for about 5 years. After that I still attended church more than regularly and was even Chairman of Deacons for a medium sized church that averaged 300 ish in attendance. I have read the entire Bible 3 times. Do you want to quiz me on Biblical concepts or common Christian practices? I am no idiot. I am leaving Christianity because it is retarded that people pray for God to heal them and He never does. Doctors always end up doing it or not doing it. Either that or the body ends up healing itself. Some people die that receive pray and some don't. That is the same odds as any other event in life. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. It is retarded that Jonah lived in a whale for 3 days. It is retarded that Joshua walked around a building and it fell down. There is a lot of retarded things that Christian's believe from the Bible. That gullabilty affects other areas of life. That superstitious stuff is totally retarded and you know it too but continually lie to yourself. You know that nobody believes in that mess. They just pretend or systematically lie to themselves so they will not notice that they do not believe it. It is just dumb and has nothing at all to do with the kind of church I attend. Talking to an invisible man is stupid no matter what kind of church I go to.

Okay this is a mess. You claimed to love the Bible. Now you're dogging the Bible, I suspect because I got really close to the truth--that in reality, your church is a mess. Right?

The story of Christ's resurrection is considered the greatest story ever told.

I totally agree. Men don't get tortured, crucified, suffer in hell for trillions upon trillions upon trillions of years to suffer the penalty of sin, wake up all happy 3 days later and then fly up into the sky. It just doesn't happen but the story is totally inspiring to anybody. You can come from the worst of odds and live an abundant life. Why does it have to be true to have value? A lot of corrupt Popes in the past believe the Bible was a lie but fought viciously to keep it out of the hands of others. That was because the lying Bible had great power that they could use to control people. Don't discredit the Bible. It is the most influential book ever written. It is more powerful than you think.

It puzzles me that so many Christian's are offended by the Bible.

I am even better at being a Christianity than the people that believe it to be true
You think more of yourself than you ought.

You are in no position to judge how "good you are" at pretending to be a Follower of Christ.

How about you? Can you decide for me how well I am doing? You are right. It is always better to have an unbiased opinion.

I was hired at an ultra conservative Christian school so I would way I did pretty good.

If your God can answer these prayers then I will reconsider my atheistic position and totally turn my life back to Christ Jesus.

The cyclical logic they sell is, if your prayers are answered God exists, if they don't , it's the 'will of God'

~S~

Pray to your God that the company where I work will have funds to pay me on payday.

You're looking for a genie, not your Creator

I found my creators. I even found their creators. I even found the creators of my creators' creators. After that I lost track. I know who some of them were but it is all heresay from reliable sources. I am a grown up now and do not need my creators to care for me anymore. Besides. I know where they are. Why should I be looking for my creators?

Worthless prayer and obnoxious prayer requests are my least favorite traditions in my religious atmosphere. If there is no genie, why do we do that stupid nonesense?

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
Your loss, not mine. God said that Life was never meant to be easy, and follow him and love him, and you will get the greatest gift ever given by god. Go look into your children's eyes again, and tell me that there was no intelligent design in their creation, that it was all luck of the dice.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
Your loss, not mine. God said that Life was never meant to be easy, and follow him and love him, and you will get the greatest gift ever given by god. Go look into your children's eyes again, and tell me that there was no intelligent design in their creation, that it was all luck of the dice.

It wasn't. Now what? Follow your God?

So you're going to teach the Bible for an entire year feeling it to be a lie? That's not honest. You need to resign right now.

Does your wife know about all this?
Many priests teach the Bible knowing it’s a lie. They think it does people good.

Worthless prayer and obnoxious prayer requests are my least favorite traditions in my religious atmosphere. If there is no genie, why do we do that stupid nonesense?

Looks at God like a "genie"

This person is entrusted with teaching children about God

We have serious, very serious problems in Christianity. But as my kids say, "we been knew that". heh

So you're going to teach the Bible for an entire year feeling it to be a lie? That's not honest. You need to resign right now.

Does your wife know about all this?
Many priests teach the Bible knowing it’s a lie. They think it does people good.

I have considering going that route myself. I think people benefit from knowing Christian principles. They are even more useful if you believe them to be divine or holy. Just because someone believes Christianity is the best philosophy ever known to mankind doesn't obligate them to discard it.

I think a nonbeliever would make a better pastor than someone who teaches out of obligation. The nonbeliever who values the Bible will be more energetic than the burden believer.

The Bible gl
You know you're going to hell, right?

No. I am not sure about about any of the hell stuff.

Just poking you buddy. I had a similar situation, and if I had a nickel for each time I was told I was going to hell, I would have a lot of nickels.

I kind of worry that I will lose all my friends and have to start all over. My entire social circle is Christian. Most of them will either be freaked out or pretend to be freaked out because they don't know what else to do. I have already talked to my wife. She isn't going anywhere. My kids are growing up soon anyways. I could lose them just because of the progress of time. My life will likely become worse but pretending to be perfect does some good but some harm. The harm it does to my quality of life outweighs the benefits I get from living a lie. I may keep pretending for a while longer just to make things easier. Who knows?

So you're going to "keep pretending just to make things easier".

that makes you a coward. From my perspective, it makes you the wolf among sheep. You know that, right?

It WILL get sussed out. And THAT will make you lose your friends.
I don’t believe in god but occasionally go to church. No one knows I think it’s all a total scam.

No sense making enemies over this.

It’s like calling a gay in 1960 a coward for staying in the closet. Fuck you. It’s not safe to come out.

Forum List

Back