EU To Force Catholic Doctors To Perform Abortions

Abbey Normal said:
Exactly what I was about to post. I asked this type of question of our English visitor in another thread.

I know, the amazing arrogance astounds. Time to drop the idea that the Euros are high culture, ourselves low. They are not, they are arrogant, insufferable, and incapable of taking care of themselves.

LuvRPgrl said:
The UN has never had any teeth to go with its bark, and I dont see it ever happening.

Of all those directives you list, were some, none, all carried out?

I did a Google search and found this.

http://www.cmrlink.org/Policy.asp?docID=164

Even though the treaty has no direct enforcement mechanism, the United States Constitution recognizes treaties as the supreme law of the land. Sen. Bill Frist warned in his Additional Views statement, "Under the Supremacy Clause and the doctrine of preemption, if a conflict arises between state law or previously enacted federal statute and a treaty provision, the treaty will prevail." (Report, p. 11)

CEDAW signatories are compelled to file reports with the UN enforcement committee every four years, and America would have to bring its laws and practices into compliance with "interpretations" issued by the unelected CEDAW Compliance Committee. None of this will have any effect on CEDAW signatories that are known for their abuse of women, such as Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Communist China, Nigeria, Peru, Pakistan, Libya, North Korea, and Iraq.

According to Thomas L. Jipping, J.D., and Wendy Wright, Senior Legal Studies and Policy Director Fellows at Concerned Women for America (CWA), feminist attorneys allied with the liberal American Bar Association (ABA) are already gearing up for massive litigation should the CEDAW be ratified.

Kathianne said:
This is very strange to me. French doctors (catholic or not...) can refuse to perform an abortion, in which case they are forced to give information to the pregnant woman so she can abort elsewhere. I don't know for the rest of europe, since laws vary greatly in the different countries.

I find extremely strange that the huge reform you are talking about made absolutely no sound in europe except in a belgian journal that is not available in french - a langage widely spoken in brussels, which is near wallonie - and in several right-wing blogs. Such a law is very improbable; especially since we would hear a lot of noise from anti-european british newspapers, from the very catholic countries of Spain, Portugal and Ireland where abortion is possible only in some extreme cases.

Is there any serious source available?

IIIX said:
This is very strange to me. French doctors (catholic or not...) can refuse to perform an abortion, in which case they are forced to give information to the pregnant woman so she can abort elsewhere. I don't know for the rest of europe, since laws vary greatly in the different countries, with very strict laws in the very catholic Portugal, for example.

I find extremely strange that the huge reform you are talking about made absolutely no sound in europe except in a belgian journal that is not available in french - a langage widely spoken in brussels, which is near wallonie - and in several right-wing blogs. Such a law is very improbable.

Is there any serious source available?

Why don't you do the research? It's your freaking nation. It's your eu. Tell us we're wrong and YOU quote YOUR source.

And Frenchy, calling something "right wing" does not automatically make all it's stories false. You know that right?

rtwngAvngr said:
Why don't you do the research? It's your freaking nation. It's your eu. Tell us we're wrong and YOU quote YOUR source.

I was asking for a serious source because the rule in such situations is that the person reporting the story must provide a source, not the person contesting it.
Besides, the fact that these blogs are "right wing" is not what makes them automatically bogus. It's the fact that these blogs are blogs. Since when are blogs serious sources of information?

I did search for a source, and couldn't find any serious one. It is an obvious proof that this story is bogus - I didn't say it like this out of sheer politeness.

IIIX said:
This is very strange to me. French doctors (catholic or not...) can refuse to perform an abortion, in which case they are forced to give information to the pregnant woman so she can abort elsewhere.

Wouldn't the doctors refusing to perform abortions do so on a permenant basis , not case by case?

Said1 said:
Wouldn't the doctors refusing to perform abortions do so on a permenant basis , not case by case?
Obviously; however, the patient does not know it when she comes to see him. So, each time, the doctor has to explain that he will not do it (abortion can be more or less complicated, in the days following the sexual act, a pill is enough) because of his personnal beliefs, but is forced to tell the person that it is possible, and if asked, to give names/adresses of doctors who will accept.

IIIX said:
I was asking for a serious source because the rule in such situations is that the person reporting the story must provide a source, not the person contesting it.
Besides, the fact that these blogs are "right wing" is not what makes them automatically bogus. It's the fact that these blogs are blogs. Since when are blogs serious sources of information?

I did search for a source, and couldn't find any serious one. It is an obvious proof that this story is bogus - I didn't say it like this out of sheer politeness.

You found a source. You said so yourself. but you dismiss it because it's not SERIOUS. You're a joke, une blague grande.

IIIX said:
Obviously; however, the patient does not know it when she comes to see him. So, each time, the doctor has to explain that he will not do it (abortion can be more or less complicated, in the days following the sexual act, a pill is enough) because of his personnal beliefs, but is forced to tell the person that it is possible, and if asked, to give names/adresses of doctors who will accept.

In retrospect, my point was not clear, although you answered my question. It would seem doctors aren't allowed to be "known" for not performing abortions, which is what I was getting at.

Could you post a link to your allegedly disreputable source, accompanied by an explanation WHY it's not to be trusted? Do it now please.

rtwngAvngr said:
You found a source. You said so yourself. but you dismiss it because it's not SERIOUS. You're a joke, une blague grande.

Basque food is mighty tasty...politics aside...he can't help it that he is not a decendant of Marcus! He will figure this out later!

rtwngAvngr said:

Ok. Give us a blog link. I bet they have links. Nice revisionism too, you immoral frogophile.

rtwngAvngr said:
Ok. Give us a blog link. I bet they have links. Nice revisionism too, you immoral frogophile.

are you the one and only "Rusty"..if I lost ya here disregard this comment...'Basques' are not really in support of the French colonies...even though the comments by 'him' are confusing at times!

Said1 said:
It would seem doctors aren't allowed to be "known" for not performing abortions, which is what I was getting at.

OF course not. That might make someone think there might be something wrong with killing babies. Next the EU will inststitute a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding god's law.

Said1 said:
It would seem as though that is how things are now - "I'm....uh...busy, here's a referal. NEXT!"

These doctors will be persecuted, no doubt about it. Satan hates a party pooper.

archangel said:
are you the one and only "Rusty"..if I lost ya here disregard this comment...'Basques' are not really in support of the French colonies...even though the comments by 'him' are confusing at times!

I was talking about FrenchyLeFrenchFrench (se7en), going back and editing a previous comment.

rtwngAvngr said:
I was talking about FrenchyLeFrenchFrench (se7en), going back and editing a previous comment.

if ya aren't the "Rusty"...ya must be his "Brutha from another Mutha" cool! :cheers2:

Forum List

Back