🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.
Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.
What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.
Always quite humorous when atheist liberals like you try to lecture Christian people about their faith and how they should practice it. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:
These people are not Christians, even though they advertise themselves as such. They are an abomination.
Funny how those who reject the Christian God feel comfortable defining what a Christian is. Silly hypocrites!
Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

Donald Trump seems the farthest any person with Christian values would support
Or any values at all, for that matter.

May they never attempt to take the high road again. And if they do, we shall laugh and laugh. Oh, the humor.

No decent person takes the high road anymore, liberal progressives have churned it into a goat trail. No group in history has ever done more to kill off high horses, churn up high roads and bring low the high grounds. Then, they want to lecture the rest of us on morality.
"No decent person takes the high road anymore"....Is that the 11th Commandment for fundies?

No, the high road is littered with the filth that progressives left when they held their last protest. For people who claim to want to save the planet, they sure leave a mess in their wake.

Turned away from the pearly gates? Are you saying that there are rules and regulations that you have to follow to get into heaven? Do they ask questions at the gate and then decide whether you belong there? Well damn. Who'd have thunk that Heaven didn't have open borders. My, my.

Would you recognize a Bible if you saw one?
Well I wasn't foolish enough to spend 30 years in a church that I didn't believe in, if that's what you mean. I'm just finding my daily amusement in the hypocrisy you're displaying. Carry on.

Really. That's the conclusion you've reached? Well of course it is! Because it makes no sense. I was a woman of faith for thirty years. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, Family Camp and revivals.

And you?
Are you really having that much difficulty understanding the irony of you posting that people were bad Christians because they don't support people entering the country outside of the immigration rules and then telling people they won't get in to heaven because they don't follow church rules? Sorry, I thought it was a pretty obvious point.
Real Christians don’t celebrate ripping children away from their parents just because they are brown

Real Christians know that children are ripped from their parents every day in America. It only seems to disturb the progressives when the parents are illegal, and they can turn it into political hay.

Well I wasn't foolish enough to spend 30 years in a church that I didn't believe in, if that's what you mean. I'm just finding my daily amusement in the hypocrisy you're displaying. Carry on.

Really. That's the conclusion you've reached? Well of course it is! Because it makes no sense. I was a woman of faith for thirty years. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, Family Camp and revivals.

And you?
Are you really having that much difficulty understanding the irony of you posting that people were bad Christians because they don't support people entering the country outside of the immigration rules and then telling people they won't get in to heaven because they don't follow church rules? Sorry, I thought it was a pretty obvious point.
Real Christians don’t celebrate ripping children away from their parents just because they are brown
I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. However, back on topic, have a little consistency. Rules for all or rules for none. Just pick a position and stick to it.
What religion celebrates taking children away from their parents?

And you?

Real Christians know that children are ripped from their parents every day in America. It only seems to disturb the progressives when the parents are illegal, and they can turn it into political hay.
How many white children get pulled away as punishment for trespassing?

And you?
I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. However, back on topic, have a little consistency. Rules for all or rules for none. Just pick a position and stick to it.

And you?

Now, you want to add conditions. That pretty much depends on where and when you trespass. Every time that a person is arrested, in this country, they are taken away from their children. Sometimes for hours, sometimes for days, and sometimes for years.

And you?

And you?

Now, you want to add conditions. That pretty much depends on where and when you trespass. Every time that a person is arrested, in this country, they are taken away from their children. Sometimes for hours, sometimes for days, and sometimes for years.
Yea...that is pretty much a condition

Rape, murder, drug dealing ....we take away children

Tresspassing? We pretty much send them on their way

Well let the others know, would ya? Thanks in advance.

Unlike yourself I don't feel the need to meddle in other folks lives.
Good, I'm glad. But your mind reading is kind of an intrusion, as magical and glorious as it is, shaman.

Son, you don't answer to me, and yes you love to intrude and tell others how they think and feel. You don't like if someone turns the tables? You will ultimately answer to God.
Which god, shaman? Wait...did you just tell me what i have to do?

Get that shitty voodoo out of here, shaman. Nobody is scared of your spirits and trinkets.

Nope, not my place to tell you what to do. You don't have to be afraid of anything but you will answer to God. There is only one God son.
Again...nobody is scared of your spirits and trinkets, shaman.

We started having real problems when we mixed our faith & our politics, just my view, government and God have a different agenda.

Evangelicals oppose

Healthcare for children
Food for poor families
Financial aid for single mothers

But baking a cake for a gay wedding?
They are outraged

More lies.

A lot of them oppose government doing the work of charities, charities many of them support of their own free will.

It's about force. Forced charity, forced baking, forced political beliefs, OR ELSE.

they favor forced religious litmus test for politicians..

& forced pregnancies.

We started having real problems when we mixed our faith & our politics, just my view, government and God have a different agenda.

barry-goldwater-vs-christians.jpg

And you?

And money.
Democrats are the pro-child sex trafficking party.

Our constitution is based upon liberty as defined biblically.

When did we start having *real problems*? I maintain that when we got hysterical about separating out faith from politics is when the problems began.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

/——/ You get a gold star for scrapping the bottom of the barrel

Our constitution is based upon liberty as defined biblically.

When did we start having *real problems*? I maintain that when we got hysterical about separating out faith from politics is when the problems began.

fortunately our founding fathers were wiser than you & your fundie ilk.

U.S. Constitution - Article 6
[...]

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Last edited:
Judgment Days

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

The Democrats have a lot of explaining to do.
Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

The Klan is comprised of conservatives, same as it ever was.

Apparently you never heard of the Southern Strategy.
Now explain away the rest of the list, idiot.
OK. Here is the explanation for the entire list. The Democratic Party has nothing to do with any of the above listed organizations and movements.

Judgment Days

The Democrats have a lot of explaining to do.
Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

The Klan is comprised of conservatives, same as it ever was.

Apparently you never heard of the Southern Strategy.

Hillary is not a conservative
She's a republican lite neocon, which is why she didn't get more support than she did. Despite that, she still got 3 million more votes than Trump.

Forum List

Back