🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

We can now see how Trump was able to deceive and seduce Christians planted in shallow soil.
It doesn't take much. Just an R beside the name and they bend over backwards to make their "faith" fit the man.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

The Democrats have a lot of explaining to do.
Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

The Klan is comprised of conservatives, same as it ever was.

Apparently you never heard of the Southern Strategy.
Now explain away the rest of the list, idiot.
OK. Here is the explanation for the entire list. The Democratic Party has nothing to do with any of the above listed organizations and movements.

Obama invited the Muslim Brotherhood, La Raza and BLM to the White House.
Obama gave a speech to the Black Panthers.
Obama volunteered to work for the Nation of Islam.
Hillary proudly said that Klansman Robert Byrd was her mentor.
The Democratic Party constantly panders to racist like the Brown Berets and Aztlán Nationalist.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

OK. Here is the explanation for the entire list. The Democratic Party has nothing to do with any of the above listed organizations and movements.
They have as much to do with them as Republicans have to do with the KKK(actually more, but I am putting your idiocy in proper perspective).

We started having real problems when we mixed our faith & our politics, just my view, government and God have a different agenda.
Our constitution is based upon liberty as defined biblically.

When did we start having *real problems*? I maintain that when we got hysterical about separating out faith from politics is when the problems began.

fortunately our founding fathers were wiser than you & your fundie ilk.

U.S. Constitution - Article 6
[...]

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson’s inconsequential ramblings about religion is not the “founders”, idiot.

That is like taking a clip from an Obama’s democratic fundraiser in 2006 where he said he would like to see a single payer healthcare and insisting that America has had a single payer health care system since 2006.

Well I wasn't foolish enough to spend 30 years in a church that I didn't believe in, if that's what you mean. I'm just finding my daily amusement in the hypocrisy you're displaying. Carry on.

Really. That's the conclusion you've reached? Well of course it is! Because it makes no sense. I was a woman of faith for thirty years. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, Family Camp and revivals.

And you?
Are you really having that much difficulty understanding the irony of you posting that people were bad Christians because they don't support people entering the country outside of the immigration rules and then telling people they won't get in to heaven because they don't follow church rules? Sorry, I thought it was a pretty obvious point.
Real Christians don’t celebrate ripping children away from their parents just because they are brown

Real Christians know that children are ripped from their parents every day in America. It only seems to disturb the progressives when the parents are illegal, and they can turn it into political hay.

And money.
Democrats are the pro-child sex trafficking party.

Republicans throw babiesin jail and then forget where they are

Judgment Days

Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

They have as much to do with them as Republicans have to do with the KKK(actually more, but I am putting your idiocy in proper perspective).
The Republican platform and the KKK platform are identical

We started having real problems when we mixed our faith & our politics, just my view, government and God have a different agenda.

When did we start having *real problems*? I maintain that when we got hysterical about separating out faith from politics is when the problems began.

[...]

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson’s inconsequential ramblings about religion is not the “founders”, idiot.

That is like taking a clip from an Obama’s democratic fundraiser in 2006 where he said he would like to see a single payer healthcare and insisting that America has had a single payer health care system since 2006.

the first part is from the CONSTITUTION... you know who wrote that?

the founding fathers. you dope. & jefferson is inconsequential? he was the author of the establishment clause which is what he was writing about to the Danburt Baptists.

That letter is considered to be very important.

Judgment Days

Liberals anoint their candidates.....like calling Hussein god, or the messiah, or Jesus......all of which they did.

Here's a dozen reasons why Trump was elected by real Americans:

Most voted against the Democrats,
against the mess Hussein Obama made of the economy,
against the corruption we've witnessed for decades,

against awarding nuclear weapons to the 7th century savages,
against the anti-white bias of the Democrat Party,

against the flood of illegal immigrants who require welfare
against bringing millions of unvetted Muslim refugees from war-indoctrinated nations,
against redistribution of wealth,
against the failed Liberal welfare industry,
against being dictated to by the United Nothings,
against a failed Liberal education industry,
against $20 trillion national debt...

...and for the slim possibility of a rebirth of America.

"When secular leftists express frustration at how practicing Catholics (your humble servants) and evangelicals could ever vote for Donald Trump, the first thing they refuse to concede is the horror of the alternative.

They refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton clearly, forthrightly stood for abortion on demand, at any time, for any reason and even supported it having it funded by pro-life taxpayers. It’s what she and her husband called “safe, legal and rare.” Hillary and her crew even dismissed the videotaped baby-organ-selling grotesqueries of Planned Parenthood as somehow fictional. And they refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton represented the creeping extremism of the LGBT movement, with its emphasis on redesigning all the nation’s bathrooms, not to mention human nature."
Bozell & Graham Column: The Book Against Transgender Extremism
And yet they got 3 million more votes than Trump.

Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

The Nation of Islam and La Raza would agree with you.....

Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

Not really.

You don't have to be Christian to join the Republican Party.

Unless of course you want power in it....

The Nation of Islam and La Raza would agree with you.....
Who?

Not really.

Since when?

[...]

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

the first part is from the CONSTITUTION... you know who wrote that?

the founding fathers. you dope. & jefferson is inconsequential? he was the author of the establishment clause which is what he was writing about to the Danburt Baptists.

That letter is considered to be very important.
Your letter has nothing to do with what is written in the Constitution. All it says is that Catholics and Protestants cannot pillary each other legitimately for running as a person practicing their faith. The founders never would have dreamed that Muslims or Buddhists etc would be using this clause, much less some idiot trying to interpret religion out of the public square.

Jefferson’s personal feelings about religion were overruled by the other founding fathers. He was not the only one who had a say.

Not really.

Since when?

Wasn't there that rep from Virginia --- Erik the Cantor?

Well I wasn't foolish enough to spend 30 years in a church that I didn't believe in, if that's what you mean. I'm just finding my daily amusement in the hypocrisy you're displaying. Carry on.

Really. That's the conclusion you've reached? Well of course it is! Because it makes no sense. I was a woman of faith for thirty years. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, Family Camp and revivals.

And you?
Are you really having that much difficulty understanding the irony of you posting that people were bad Christians because they don't support people entering the country outside of the immigration rules and then telling people they won't get in to heaven because they don't follow church rules? Sorry, I thought it was a pretty obvious point.
Real Christians don’t celebrate ripping children away from their parents just because they are brown
I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. However, back on topic, have a little consistency. Rules for all or rules for none. Just pick a position and stick to it.
What religion celebrates taking children away from their parents?
Was there some part of "I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. " that you couldn't understand? I thought that was pretty clear. So given that we both agree that separating the illegal alien children from their illegal alien parents is the wrong thing to do, can you tell me why it makes someone a bad Christian if they believe there should be rules to get into the United States just as there are rules to follow to get into heaven?

And you?
I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. However, back on topic, have a little consistency. Rules for all or rules for none. Just pick a position and stick to it.
What religion celebrates taking children away from their parents?
Was there some part of "I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. " that you couldn't understand? I thought that was pretty clear. So given that we both agree that separating the illegal alien children from their illegal alien parents is the wrong thing to do, can you tell me why it makes someone a bad Christian if they believe there should be rules to get into the United States just as there are rules to follow to get into heaven?
And the punishment should fit the crime

Taking away children will not get you into heaven

Forum List

Back