Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

We started having real problems when we mixed our faith & our politics, just my view, government and God have a different agenda.
Our constitution is based upon liberty as defined biblically.

When did we start having *real problems*? I maintain that when we got hysterical about separating out faith from politics is when the problems began.

fortunately our founding fathers were wiser than you & your fundie ilk.

U.S. Constitution - Article 6
[...]

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson’s inconsequential ramblings about religion is not the “founders”, idiot.

That is like taking a clip from an Obama’s democratic fundraiser in 2006 where he said he would like to see a single payer healthcare and insisting that America has had a single payer health care system since 2006.
And now the trumpanzees denigrate Founder Thomas Jefferson.

PTBAA - Proud to be an American.
How about you quote some other founding father, or better yet, quote Jefferson for something other than his stance on religion.

You can’t. Because Jefferson and all the founders agree with me more than they would ever think about agreeing with traitors like you.
So, you just accused me of a serious crime. Provide the evidence. Or better yet, take your evidence to the Authorities. If not, you are an accessory to treason yourself.

PTNBAT - Proud to not be a trumpanzee.

3k3ptJT.png

a large % of those children were being accompanied by human traffickers drug smugglers sex traffickers ect ...the children are temporarily separated until it could be proven the so called parents were really who they say they are !but that common sense reasoning makes no sense to emotionally driven communists like you !
Is there a surge of fake families at the border? Experts cast doubts

"
According to Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Katie Waldman, that 315 percent spike equaled 145 more cases — up from 46 from October 2016 to September 2017, to 191 in the first five months of this fiscal year. Nielsen previously called this surge in fake families “staggering.”

Yet those 191 cases represent just half of 1 percent of the roughly 31,000 people who illegally crossed the border during those five months, department data shows."

So, clearly it happens, but it doesn't seem the percentage is that large. But I can understand and maybe agree why even 1% is too much.
the % is much higher but you are right 1 out of 200 is to high and steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the children !
I would say that harming the rest is not a good solution.

What were you saying when Obama was harming them on a grander scale than now?
What were you saying when you rode that unicorn that one time?

a large % of those children were being accompanied by human traffickers drug smugglers sex traffickers ect ...the children are temporarily separated until it could be proven the so called parents were really who they say they are !but that common sense reasoning makes no sense to emotionally driven communists like you !

"
According to Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Katie Waldman, that 315 percent spike equaled 145 more cases — up from 46 from October 2016 to September 2017, to 191 in the first five months of this fiscal year. Nielsen previously called this surge in fake families “staggering.”

Yet those 191 cases represent just half of 1 percent of the roughly 31,000 people who illegally crossed the border during those five months, department data shows."

So, clearly it happens, but it doesn't seem the percentage is that large. But I can understand and maybe agree why even 1% is too much.
the % is much higher but you are right 1 out of 200 is to high and steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the children !
So you want children to be with criminals that aren’t even their parents?

"

Of course not. Do you want to traumatize children who are with their parents?

"

Of course not. Do you want to traumatize children who are with their parents?
The parents already did that by ripping their children away from their homes and banking on the slim chance that they would be let through by the US government after they illegally crossed the border.

Your proposal to ignore smugglers because they are the minority would result in the destruction of thousands of lives, including the kids’.

The parents already did that by ripping their children away from their homes and banking on the slim chance that they would be let through by the US government after they illegally crossed the border.
No, they didn't. It's a different tauma altogether. Amd most of them are trying to get a better situation for their children, which would benefit their children. I wholly reject what is basically an attempt to excuse this separation because of some "original sin".

No, they didn't. It's a different tauma altogether. Amd most of them are trying to get a better situation for their children, which would benefit their children. I wholly reject what is basically an attempt to excuse this separation because of some "original sin".
Republicans want them deported together, idiot.

You want criminals to be rewarded just because they had the audacity to use their kids as a political shield.

Evangelicals oppose

Healthcare for children
Food for poor families
Financial aid for single mothers

But baking a cake for a gay wedding?
They are outraged

More lies.

A lot of them oppose government doing the work of charities, charities many of them support of their own free will.

It's about force. Forced charity, forced baking, forced political beliefs, OR ELSE.
Helping people is not force

Tax dollars can be used for war....why do Christians oppose using them to help starving families?

Defense is a explicit job of the federal government. Charity is not.

In the 90's "Bake or die" wasn't being pushed on them
In the 90's the whole transgender thing and bathroom thing wasn't being pushed for acceptance or else.

Right now their choice was between a party that despises them and wants to eventually break them, and an asshole with flaws who want's at worst to leave them alone and at best reserve their issues to the State/Local level.

and you wonder why they held their noses and support him?

Evangelicals would rather condemn homosexuals than serial adulterers

I don't see adulterers trying to get evangelicals to accept their adultery "or else".

This is one of the things most progressives don't get. People don't like being forced to accept things they don't like, and the sure as hell don't like government doing the forcing.
Ever find it curious that devout Christians will bake a cake for an adulterer but not a homosexual?
Well, it's not as if adultery is mentioned in the bible or anything.......so, sure.
Even had a commandment written about it
Nothing about homosexuality

Murder...Yup
Stealing....yup
Adultery....yup
Coveting....yup

Homosexuality? Nope

Show me the bakers in question baking a cake celebrating any of those things.

And the commandments aren't the only rules in the bible. Nice try.

What religion celebrates taking children away from their parents?
Was there some part of "I really don't know anyone who celebrates that, Christian or not. " that you couldn't understand? I thought that was pretty clear. So given that we both agree that separating the illegal alien children from their illegal alien parents is the wrong thing to do, can you tell me why it makes someone a bad Christian if they believe there should be rules to get into the United States just as there are rules to follow to get into heaven?
And the punishment should fit the crime

Taking away children will not get you into heaven
Hmmm got it. Now can you address the question? " can you tell me why it makes someone a bad Christian if they believe there should be rules to get into the United States just as there are rules to follow to get into heaven?"
There are all kinds of rules and all kind of consequences

Taking babies is an excessive and cruel consequence

REAL Christians should be repulsed

So you're against abortion, amirite?
<sob>. But...but......
What about Abortion?

Evangelicals would rather condemn homosexuals than serial adulterers

I don't see adulterers trying to get evangelicals to accept their adultery "or else".

This is one of the things most progressives don't get. People don't like being forced to accept things they don't like, and the sure as hell don't like government doing the forcing.
Ever find it curious that devout Christians will bake a cake for an adulterer but not a homosexual?
Well, it's not as if adultery is mentioned in the bible or anything.......so, sure.

Murder...Yup
Stealing....yup
Adultery....yup
Coveting....yup

Homosexuality? Nope

Some baker made a cake for Trump and Melania

Ten Commandments are the mighty TEN
Others are....by the way

If god was so opposed to homosexuality, why didn’t it make the top ten?
Coveting did

So, homosexuality must rank somewhere below coveting your neighbors goods and maybe above eating shellfish

Evangelicals oppose

Healthcare for children
Food for poor families

They are outraged

More lies.

A lot of them oppose government doing the work of charities, charities many of them support of their own free will.

It's about force. Forced charity, forced baking, forced political beliefs, OR ELSE.

Tax dollars can be used for war....why do Christians oppose using them to help starving families?

Why would that matter to a Christian?

War is a sin against God, Charity is not

Murder...Yup
Stealing....yup
Adultery....yup
Coveting....yup

Homosexuality? Nope

Others are....by the way

Coveting did

So, homosexuality must rank somewhere below coveting your neighbors goods and maybe above eating shellfish

Considering we have freedom of religion (or we used to) in this country, that isn't up to you to judge, and unless there is an overwhelming government interest, it isnt' up to government ot judge either. and when they do have to intervene it's only via the least intrusive method possible.

Evangelicals oppose

Healthcare for children
Food for poor families

They are outraged

More lies.

Why would that matter to a Christian?

War is a sin against God, Charity is not

It depends on the Christian. Again, unlike you i prefer not to force my views on others.

You on the other hand prefer to stand behind big bully government with your dick in your hand, wanking off when people you don't like get shafted.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

Liberals anoint their candidates.....like calling Hussein god, or the messiah, or Jesus......all of which they did.

Here's a dozen reasons why Trump was elected by real Americans:

Most voted against the Democrats,
against the mess Hussein Obama made of the economy,
against the corruption we've witnessed for decades,

against awarding nuclear weapons to the 7th century savages,
against the anti-white bias of the Democrat Party,

against the flood of illegal immigrants who require welfare
against bringing millions of unvetted Muslim refugees from war-indoctrinated nations,
against redistribution of wealth,
against the failed Liberal welfare industry,
against being dictated to by the United Nothings,
against a failed Liberal education industry,
against $20 trillion national debt...

...and for the slim possibility of a rebirth of America.

"When secular leftists express frustration at how practicing Catholics (your humble servants) and evangelicals could ever vote for Donald Trump, the first thing they refuse to concede is the horror of the alternative.

They refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton clearly, forthrightly stood for abortion on demand, at any time, for any reason and even supported it having it funded by pro-life taxpayers. It’s what she and her husband called “safe, legal and rare.” Hillary and her crew even dismissed the videotaped baby-organ-selling grotesqueries of Planned Parenthood as somehow fictional. And they refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton represented the creeping extremism of the LGBT movement, with its emphasis on redesigning all the nation’s bathrooms, not to mention human nature."
Bozell & Graham Column: The Book Against Transgender Extremism
And yet they got 3 million more votes than Trump.

Actually, no they didn't.

We don't count the votes of illegal aliens, the ones Obama told to go out and vote.

Illegals get driver's licenses that say no voting.....

Really?

I say Democrat's who work the polls ignore that blue bar and simply look at the name on the driver's license.

And guess what?

"It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California
If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes.
.... if you look at every other measure, Trump was the clear and decisive winner in this election."
It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

Think California is loaded with illegal alien voters??????

You betcha'!!!!

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.4 million unauthorized immigrants making up about 6.3 percent of the state's total population, according to the Pew Research Center.Sep 14, 2015

Illegal Immigration Statistics in California - Newsmax.com
www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/illegal-immigration-California/2015/09/14/.../691462/

Looking for the biggest Cinco de Mayo celebration in the world? Look no further than Fiesta Broadway in Los Angeles, where hundreds of thousands of people come out for food, music and crafts in a celebration of Hispanic heritage.
Who was the last U.S. President that sported facial hair while in office?

"Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote
Thanks to a new poll, we now know that approximately 13% of illegal aliens vote. Since they are already criminals, stealing ID’s or using phony ID’s. lie to get welfare, steal jobs—why not vote as they to lose. Since they can not be deported or jailed, they have nothing to lose. Obama is protecting these law breakers. Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

13% of 60 million is 7.8 million illegal alien votes.

13% of 80 million is 10.4 million illegal alien votes.

Murder...Yup
Stealing....yup
Adultery....yup
Coveting....yup

Homosexuality? Nope

Others are....by the way

Coveting did

Considering we have freedom of religion (or we used to) in this country, that isn't up to you to judge, and unless there is an overwhelming government interest, it isnt' up to government ot judge either. and when they do have to intervene it's only via the least intrusive method possible.
Of course it is for me to judge

I am a world renowned message board poster....it’s what I do

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

Liberals anoint their candidates.....like calling Hussein god, or the messiah, or Jesus......all of which they did.

Here's a dozen reasons why Trump was elected by real Americans:

Most voted against the Democrats,
against the mess Hussein Obama made of the economy,
against the corruption we've witnessed for decades,

against awarding nuclear weapons to the 7th century savages,
against the anti-white bias of the Democrat Party,

against the flood of illegal immigrants who require welfare
against bringing millions of unvetted Muslim refugees from war-indoctrinated nations,
against redistribution of wealth,
against the failed Liberal welfare industry,
against being dictated to by the United Nothings,
against a failed Liberal education industry,
against $20 trillion national debt...

...and for the slim possibility of a rebirth of America.

"When secular leftists express frustration at how practicing Catholics (your humble servants) and evangelicals could ever vote for Donald Trump, the first thing they refuse to concede is the horror of the alternative.

They refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton clearly, forthrightly stood for abortion on demand, at any time, for any reason and even supported it having it funded by pro-life taxpayers. It’s what she and her husband called “safe, legal and rare.” Hillary and her crew even dismissed the videotaped baby-organ-selling grotesqueries of Planned Parenthood as somehow fictional. And they refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton represented the creeping extremism of the LGBT movement, with its emphasis on redesigning all the nation’s bathrooms, not to mention human nature."
Bozell & Graham Column: The Book Against Transgender Extremism
And yet they got 3 million more votes than Trump.

Actually, no they didn't.

We don't count the votes of illegal aliens, the ones Obama told to go out and vote.

Illegals get driver's licenses that say no voting.....

Really?

I say Democrat's who work the polls ignore that blue bar and simply look at the name on the driver's license.

And guess what?

"It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California
If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes.
.... if you look at every other measure, Trump was the clear and decisive winner in this election."
It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

Think California is loaded with illegal alien voters??????

You betcha'!!!!

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.4 million unauthorized immigrants making up about 6.3 percent of the state's total population, according to the Pew Research Center.Sep 14, 2015

Illegal Immigration Statistics in California - Newsmax.com
www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/illegal-immigration-California/2015/09/14/.../691462/

Looking for the biggest Cinco de Mayo celebration in the world? Look no further than Fiesta Broadway in Los Angeles, where hundreds of thousands of people come out for food, music and crafts in a celebration of Hispanic heritage.
Who was the last U.S. President that sported facial hair while in office?

"Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote
Thanks to a new poll, we now know that approximately 13% of illegal aliens vote. Since they are already criminals, stealing ID’s or using phony ID’s. lie to get welfare, steal jobs—why not vote as they to lose. Since they can not be deported or jailed, they have nothing to lose. Obama is protecting these law breakers. Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

13% of 60 million is 7.8 million illegal alien votes.

13% of 80 million is 10.4 million illegal alien votes.
Damn...I thought that one was debunked years ago

Guess PC didn’t get the message

Murder...Yup
Stealing....yup
Adultery....yup
Coveting....yup

Homosexuality? Nope

Others are....by the way

Coveting did

Judging implies a binding verdict, you can critique, you can opine, but you can't judge.

Murder...Yup
Stealing....yup
Adultery....yup
Coveting....yup

Homosexuality? Nope

Others are....by the way

Coveting did

Judging implies a binding verdict, you can critique, you can opine, but you can't judge.
You don’t understand the Interwebs

My decisions are final

Forum List

Back