🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Even Jesus Is A Zionist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how she functions in her world of delusions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INRI_(disambiguation)

INRI or I.N.R.I. a Latin acronym reading Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum, which in English translates to "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews", the Latin inscription over the cross of Christ on Calvary​

and:
Jesus, King of the Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jesus, King of the Jews
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"INRI" redirects here. For other uses, see INRI (disambiguation).

Jesus, crowned with thorns in a purple robe as the King of the Jews, being mocked and beaten during his Passion, depicted by van Baburen, 1623.
In the New Testament, Jesus is referred to as the King of the Jews, both at the beginning of his life and at the end. In the Koine Greek of the New Testament, e.g. in John 19:3 this is written Basileus ton Ioudaion (βασιλεὺς τῶν Ἰουδαίων).[1]

Both uses of the title lead to dramatic results in the New Testament accounts. In the account of the Nativity of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew, the wise men (i.e. Magi) who come from the east call Jesus the "King of the Jews", causing King Herod to order the Massacre of the Innocents. Towards the end of the accounts of all four Canonical Gospels, in the narrative of the Passion of Jesus, the use of the "King of the Jews" title leads to charges against Jesus that result in his Crucifixion.[2][3]

The acronym INRI (Latin: Iēsus Nazarēnus, Rēx Iūdaeōrum) represents the Latin inscription which in English reads as "Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews" and John 19:20 states that this was written in three languages—Hebrew, Latin, and Greek—during the crucifixion of Jesus. The Greek version reads ΙΝΒΙ, representing Ἰησοῦς ὁ Ναζωραῖος ὁ Bασιλεὺς τῶν Ἰουδαίων.[4]

In the New Testament, the "King of the Jews” title is used only by the gentiles, namely by the Magi, Pontius Pilate, and the Roman soldiers. In contrast, the Jewish leaders use the designation "King of Israel".[2] The phrase has also been translated King of the Judeans (see Ioudaioi).​

`
Munnerdrone's Link, BibleBelievers.org.au, is a well known antisemitic HATE site, as you can see if you continue reading the page sourced.
IT is a Pure Hate page which Only Incidentally contains the phrase you asked for, well buried in a hate article.
Who the Hell wouldn't just look up 'INRI' and instead post a Wack job Hate site article which only mentions the term?
Munnerdrone, you show your Blind Bigotry more every day.
`

All displayed here is an avid Zionist Haters hatred of Christ and Christians, your kind crucified Christ, I know exactly who you are.

Truth is completely beyond the grasp of a Hater such as yourself.

Words written in about 33 AD cannot translate into a word that did not even then exist in the English language.

Are you too stupid to understand that or what?
I hate to break it to you but I don't think English was around then either. Not the English we use today. Also, you might try learning Hebrew and Greek before espousing your dreamed-up definitions.

Response Post 139

Jesus preached to the people in the land, to all of them. As is true today, there were many different people with diversity in background and ethnicity living in Palestine. He preached to all who lived in the land. And He told His discipiles go out into the world and share the good news. We have a ministry born in Palestine and spreading out from Palestine.

I am reminded about the story of the cleansing of the Temple, how the Temple was being inappropriately used, but not just in what was let in, also in who was kept out. So Jesus made a point to travel to Samaria, to those excluded ones, and let them know they were loved by God too.

Oh now I get it. Jesus wasn't a Jew in Israel. Jesus was a Palestinian preaching a return to Zion for his people.

Response Post 139

Jesus preached to the people in the land, to all of them. As is true today, there were many different people with diversity in background and ethnicity living in Palestine. He preached to all who lived in the land. And He told His discipiles go out into the world and share the good news. We have a ministry born in Palestine and spreading out from Palestine.

I am reminded about the story of the cleansing of the Temple, how the Temple was being inappropriately used, but not just in what was let in, also in who was kept out. So Jesus made a point to travel to Samaria, to those excluded ones, and let them know they were loved by God too.

Is a Zionist poster claiming the English language did not exist in 33AD?
What are the origins of the English Language?
The history of English is conventionally, if perhaps too neatly, divided into three periods usually called Old English (or Anglo-Saxon), Middle English, and Modern English. The earliest period begins with the migration of certain Germanic tribes from the continent to Britain in the fifth century A.D., though no records of their language survive from before the seventh century, and it continues until the end of the eleventh century or a bit later. By that time Latin, Old Norse (the language of the Viking invaders), and especially the Anglo-Norman French of the dominant class after the Norman Conquest in 1066 had begun to have a substantial impact on the lexicon, and the well-developed inflectional system that typifies the grammar of Old English had begun to break down.
The following brief sample of Old English prose illustrates several of the significant ways in which change has so transformed English that we must look carefully to find points of resemblance between the language of the tenth century and our own. It is taken from Aelfric's "Homily on St. Gregory the Great" and concerns the famous story of how that pope came to send missionaries to convert the Anglo-Saxons to Christianity after seeing Anglo-Saxon boys for sale as slaves in Rome:
Eft he axode, hu ðære ðeode nama wære þe hi of comon. Him wæs geandwyrd, þæt hi Angle genemnode wæron. Þa cwæð he, "Rihtlice hi sind Angle gehatene, for ðan ðe hi engla wlite habbað, and swilcum gedafenað þæt hi on heofonum engla geferan beon."

Merriam-Webster Online

Another source addressing the fact the English word Jew did not exist in 33AD.

"It is an incontestible fact that the word "Jew" did not come into existence until the year 1775. Prior to 1775 the word "Jew" did not exist in any language on earth. The word "Jew" was introduced into the English language for the first time in the 18th century when Sheridan used it in his play "The Rivals," Chapter 2, p. 1, "She shall have a skin like a mummy, and the beard of a Jew." Prior to this use of the word "Jew" the word "Jew" had not become a word."

This article goes on to state that contrary to what most people believe, Shakespeare never saw the word "Jew" nor did he ever use the word "Jew" in any of his works, the common general belief to the contrary notwithstanding.

In Shakespeare s "Merchant of Venice," V, III, I, 61, Shakespeare wrote as follows "what is the reason? I am a Iewe; hath not a Iewe eyes?" You see there was not even a letter "j" or "J" until the middle of the 18th*century. Check any encyclopedia you wish for proof of this."

http://israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/OriginoftheWordJew.htm

Last edited:
Response Post 145

IF there was no English language, then there was obviously no English word Jew.

YOU prove my point.

The problem is taking a word with the meaning it has today to describe people who lived in another time. There was not then simply one Jewish group of people to refer to as Jews. Early Christians were as much Jew as any Jew, the use of the present word Jew simply does not accurately portray events in Palestine when Jesus lived as a man there.

So, I recommend an Aramaic translation into English version of the Bible to try to find the original words and contexts they are used in.

Another source addressing the fact the English word Jew did not exist in 33AD.

"It is an incontestible fact that the word "Jew" did not come into existence until the year 1775. Prior to 1775 the word "Jew" did not exist in any language on earth. The word "Jew" was introduced into the English language for the first time in the 18th century when Sheridan used it in his play "The Rivals," Chapter 2, p. 1, "She shall have a skin like a mummy, and the beard of a Jew." Prior to this use of the word "Jew" the word "Jew" had not become a word."

This article goes on to state that contrary to what most people believe, Shakespeare never saw the word "Jew" nor did he ever use the word "Jew" in any of his works, the common general belief to the contrary notwithstanding.

In Shakespeare s "Merchant of Venice," V, III, I, 61, Shakespeare wrote as follows "what is the reason? I am a Iewe; hath not a Iewe eyes?" You see there was not even a letter "j" or "J" until the middle of the 18th*century. Check any encyclopedia you wish for proof of this."

http://israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/OriginoftheWordJew.htm
The term’s Israel, Hebrew and Jew

The term “Jew” comes from the word “Judah,” in Hebrew it is actually the same word. First given to one belonging to the tribe of Judah or to the separate kingdom of Judah (2 Kings 16:6; 25:25; Jer. 32:12; 38:19; 40:11; 41:3), in contradistinction from those belonging to the kingdom of the ten tribes, who were called Israelites. The name “Jew” is primarily tribal (from Judah). It is first found in 2 Kings 16:6, as distinct from Israel, of the northern kingdom. The usage of the word "Jew" in the Bible seems to have been applied after the captivity from Babylon, Israelites were called Jews to distinguish their ethnicity from Gentiles. During the Captivity, and after the Restoration, the name, was extended to all the Hebrew nation without distinction (Esther 3:6, 10; Dan. 3:8, 12; Ezra 4:12; 5:1, 5). Originally this people were called Hebrews (Gen. 39:14; 40:15; Ex. 2:7; 3: 18; 5:3; 1 Sam. 4:6, 9, etc.), but after the Exile this name fell into disuse.

The "original Jews" are the physical descendents of Abraham, his son Isaac, and his son Jacob, it is through Jacob's sons they became the 12 tribes of Israel. By New Testament times, the terms “Hebrew,” “Israelite,” and “Jew” had become synonymous. Paul called himself a Hebrew (2 Cor. 11:22; Phil. 3:5).

In the book of Esther the word Jew is used to make a distinction of the Israelites among those in captivity. During the Captivity, and after the Restoration, this name was extended to the whole nation (Esther 3:6, 10; Dan. 3:8, 12; Ezra 4:12; 5:1, 5). Originally this people were called Hebrews (Gen. 39:14; 40:15; Ex. 2:7; 3: 18; 5:3; 1 Sam. 4:6, 9, etc.), but after the Exile this name fell into disuse, in the New Testament we find Paul was known as a Hebrew (2 Cor. 11:22; Phil. 3:5). Hebrew, Jew, Israelite all are the same people.

The term

INRI or I.N.R.I. a Latin acronym reading Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum, which in English translates to "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews", the Latin inscription over the cross of Christ on Calvary​

and:
Jesus, King of the Jews

Jesus, crowned with thorns in a purple robe as the King of the Jews, being mocked and beaten during his Passion, depicted by van Baburen, 1623.
In the New Testament, Jesus is referred to as the King of the Jews, both at the beginning of his life and at the end. In the Koine Greek of the New Testament, e.g. in John 19:3 this is written Basileus ton Ioudaion (βασιλεὺς τῶν Ἰουδαίων).[1]

Both uses of the title lead to dramatic results in the New Testament accounts. In the account of the Nativity of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew, the wise men (i.e. Magi) who come from the east call Jesus the "King of the Jews", causing King Herod to order the Massacre of the Innocents. Towards the end of the accounts of all four Canonical Gospels, in the narrative of the Passion of Jesus, the use of the "King of the Jews" title leads to charges against Jesus that result in his Crucifixion.[2][3]

The acronym INRI (Latin: Iēsus Nazarēnus, Rēx Iūdaeōrum) represents the Latin inscription which in English reads as "Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews" and John 19:20 states that this was written in three languages—Hebrew, Latin, and Greek—during the crucifixion of Jesus. The Greek version reads ΙΝΒΙ, representing Ἰησοῦς ὁ Ναζωραῖος ὁ Bασιλεὺς τῶν Ἰουδαίων.[4]

In the New Testament, the "King of the Jews” title is used only by the gentiles, namely by the Magi, Pontius Pilate, and the Roman soldiers. In contrast, the Jewish leaders use the designation "King of Israel".[2] The phrase has also been translated King of the Judeans (see Ioudaioi).​

`
Munnerdrone's Link, BibleBelievers.org.au, is a well known antisemitic HATE site, as you can see if you continue reading the page sourced.
IT is a Pure Hate page which Only Incidentally contains the phrase you asked for, well buried in a hate article.
Who the Hell wouldn't just look up 'INRI' and instead post a Wack job Hate site article which only mentions the term?
`

All displayed here is an avid Zionist Haters hatred of Christ and Christians, your kind crucified Christ, I know exactly who you are.

Truth is completely beyond the grasp of a Hater such as yourself.

Words written in about 33 AD cannot translate into a word that did not even then exist in the English language.

Are you too stupid to understand that or what?
I hate to break it to you but I don't think English was around then either. Not the English we use today. Also, you might try learning Hebrew and Greek before espousing your dreamed-up definitions.

Actually Mrs. Sherri missed her chance when she was living in the Los Angeles area. She could have joined the Assyrians who were taking classes in Aramaic and she would have learned about that language of Biblical times.
http://www.learnassyrian.com/assyri...Language/03 Aramaic (Beyond Babel A Handbook%

However, all is not lost. She can still learn Aramaic on line.
Learn Biblical Hebrew or Aramaic Online | Learn Biblical Hebrew & Greek with eTeacher

The word Jew did not exist, the sign I expect read King of the Judaeans, referring to the people of Judea. More and more, I see the Gospel going out, first as starting in Jerusalem and then spreading outwards from Jerusalem. I see a circle spreading outwards. That explains so much about how Jesus ministered to all with a need, Jew and Gentile, from the very beginning.
Sherri, what does INRI stand for in Latin?
The King Of The Judeans

The English*translation*of the Genetive Plural of "Iudaeorum" is "of the Judeans" I

FACTS ARE FACTS (abu: biblebelievers.org.au)

and:
Jesus, King of the Jews

`
`
What do you expect..the ignorant, Jew hating, terrorist loving lunatic gets her info from garbage websites. Garbage in, garbage out.

She just can't stand the idea that Jesus was a Jew that loved his people and the land of Israel.

You know I was going to try to avoid this thread but after having read some of the rediculous responces, mostly from the Zionist posters, I felt that I just had to respond. Saying that Jesus was a Zionist would be akin to the keynote speaker of any political party claiming that Jesus was a member of that party. Rediculious ( sp ) !!! The Republicans could claim him, the Democrats could claim him, the Likud could claim him the Nazies could claim him, etc. etc.etc... People would heap scorn on those ideas, just like they should heap scorn on the Idea the Jesus was a Zionist !!!
I am reminded of an old Bob Dylan song and even thiugh I do not remember the words exactly it asked the the question that maybe in the next war we should not proclaim that God is on our side but maybe instead ask if we are on God's Side ???
Final thought, isnt there a line in the bible both old testement and new that Jesus would be a light unto the nations and that Jesus is a light unto the nations. Sounds like he is a pretty international figure rather then a nationalist to me !!!

Whose side are you on ???

Last edited:
Response to Post 150

I am not the one who started this outrageous thread with outrageous claims being made in the OP.

Absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support Jesus being a Zionist, Zionism was not even founded until the 1800s.

The claim opens the door to examining the times Jesus lived in and the meaning of words He spoke.

Last edited:
I have dual nationalities an though I served in the US forces, I still regard my homeland as a part of who I am. I am concerned and protective of heritage, country of origin and of family still there.
I have a foot in two countries but I also think of myself as a citizen of planet earth. The world is my home.
Jesus can be born jewish and still be a leader of all nations spiritually. That does not mean he has to born in all nations or to a women in every national. Even as a leader in a final battle between good and evil, he can be born a jew and still fight for the world, for all people.
As a jew he has already become a leader of the world. His teaching touch just about every one in some way. Hi followers are are just about everywhere.
They say he is the most influential person ever........... and he was a jew. He was circumcised, he observed passover, he prayed at and discussed the torah with temple elders. He was a jew.

You know I was going to try to avoid this thread but after having read some of the rediculous responces, mostly from the Zionist posters, I felt that I just had to respond. Saying that Jesus was a Zionist would be akin to the keynote speaker of any political party claiming that Jesus was a member of that party. Rediculious ( sp ) !!! The Republicans could claim him, the Democrats could claim him, the Likud could claim him the Nazies could claim him, etc. etc.etc... People would heap scorn on those ideas, just like they should heap scorn on the Idea the Jesus was a Zionist !!!
I am reminded of an old Bob Dylan song and even thiugh I do not remember the words exactly it asked the the question that maybe in the next war we should not proclaim that God is on our side but maybe instead ask if we are on God's Side ???
Final thought, isnt there a line in the bible both old testement and new that Jesus would be a light unto the nations and that Jesus is a light unto the nations. Sounds like he is a pretty international figure rather then a nationalist to me !!!

That being true, what will Sherri now have to say after claiming Jesus was a Palestinian, thus proving to even her that the indigenous Palestinians --- WERE JEWS!

I have dual nationalities an though I served in the US forces, I still regard my homeland as a part of who I am. I am concerned and protective of heritage, country of origin and of family still there.
I have a foot in two countries but I also think of myself as a citizen of planet earth. The world is my home.
Jesus can be born jewish and still be a leader of all nations spiritually. That does not mean he has to born in all nations or to a women in every national. Even as a leader in a final battle between good and evil, he can be born a jew and still fight for the world, for all people.
As a jew he has already become a leader of the world. His teaching touch just about every one in some way. Hi followers are are just about everywhere.
They say he is the most influential person ever........... and he was a jew. He was circumcised, he observed passover, he prayed at and discussed the torah with temple elders. He was a jew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back