Even Luther (Father of Protestantism) said things were better under the Catholics

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Yeh, Luther toward the end of his life admitted that things were better under the Catholic system (so called, my word)

He essentially said that things were too lawless since the protesters took over

and of course it got to be so lawless that priests were hunted down and killed in the 1700s.. and I'm sure other centuries...

and I don't have enough time to tell of other acts of lawlessness committed by those who hated the Church Christ founded... the onlly one before 1521

and the only One Period

I'm a Lutheran. Funny but I never heard any Lutheran pastor give a sermon on why it would be better to be a Catholic.

In fact over the years I have heard several sermons on why it is better not be a Catholic.

I'm a Lutheran. Funny but I never heard any Lutheran pastor give a sermon on why it would be better to be a Catholic.

In fact over the years I have heard several sermons on why it is better not be a Catholic.
OOOOOH

what a SHOCK!

whoda thunk it?

Some people may be obsessed with various "fathers", but Luther is very far indeed from representing that for what has become known as "Protestantism". In any case, Christians have only one Father, don't they?

People have different needs, hence the needs for different ministries. The Catholic Church was not the only valid church, there are others just as old or older, but the Catholic Church produced many of the best scholars, like Augustine, Jerome, and Thomas of Aquinas, and they gradually provided order to a chaotic murderous bunch of pagans in the West.

Sects that aren't inclusive, like the JWs and Orthodox Jews tend to perish over time, due to their own racism and self-isolationism. Universalism is implicit in the whole concept of Monotheism, an absolute fact that seems lost on many sects. Either every believer belongs, or none of them do.

Last edited:
As all that has been transmitted in religions is by words, and as all words are limited, they can only be taken as metaphors at most. An individual must have direct experience to know ultimate truth. Hearing or reading about it is merely hearsay. Insisting to others that one's description is the truth is blasphemy unless one is "The Truth".

Forum List

Back