Even whites living in poverty are privileged

Last edited:
Steve did you even read the article?
But even without the benefit of a college degree, whites, and white men especially, had vastly better employment outcomes. At every age, the white men experienced shorter spells of unemployment, were more likely to be working full-time and earned more.
Not only this, but white convicted felons are more likely to get a job than African American's with clean records.
Take, for example, the types of jobs the men in our study held. At 28, nearly half of the white men who had not attended college were employed in the industrial and construction trades, the highest-paying sector of blue-collar employment. By contrast, only 15% of African-American men worked in these sectors, and even within that small group, annual earnings were less than half that of whites -- $21,500 versus $43,000.
Poverty effects people differently when race is a variable. This should be no surprise to anyone.
Higher conviction records, incarceration rates and drug dependency among black males accounts for most if not all of the discrepancy. Comparing women would likely give a different picture.

None of which disprove the existence of white privilege.

Steve did you even read the article?

Not only this, but white convicted felons are more likely to get a job than African American's with clean records.

Poverty effects people differently when race is a variable. This should be no surprise to anyone.
Higher conviction records, incarceration rates and drug dependency among black males accounts for most if not all of the discrepancy. Comparing women would likely give a different picture.

We don't have to disprove a theory, we didn't claim. You claimed it exists, and yet have not proven it. Our information contradicts your non-proof of claim. Our information doesn't prove anything, except your proof is boogus.

The burden of proof is on you, not us.

We don't have to disprove a theory, we didn't claim. You claimed it exists, and yet have not proven it. Our information contradicts your non-proof of claim. Our information doesn't prove anything, except your proof is boogus.

What information contradicts racism? You havent listed anything. The evidence is overwhelming. Practically everyone can see that.

I already did. Your refusal to believe it is a personal issue.

No you didn't. Your inability to understand that, is a personal issue.

This must mean you are all out of talking points. I accept your concession you are woefully under educated. :lol:
We understand your dilemma. If white privilege did exist, then black failure could be excused.

The problem is universal, even where there few whites. Shifting the onus is thus totally bogus.

There are very few blacks in the world who do not live beyond relative poverty and by far the most of those who are actually successful live in areas with high white populations.

What information contradicts racism? You havent listed anything. The evidence is overwhelming. Practically everyone can see that.

"Practically everyone" apparently doesn't include a good portion of the forum.

Again, we don't have to list proof contradicting racism is causing blacks to be unsuccessful. The burden of proof is on you to prove it does. You've listed statistics which give no indication as to the reason. You have filled your own bias into the reason. That is not fact, that is an assumption on your part.

I already did. Your refusal to believe it is a personal issue.

This must mean you are all out of talking points. I accept your concession you are woefully under educated. :lol:

So you have no more information to give in support of your position. I accept your concession that personal attacks are all you have left. You are excused. :lol:

Opinion: Urban poverty, in black and white - CNN.com

Wow, liberals seem to be having a race to be the most insane.

This is the lefts new way of dehumanizing people.

We are privileged and so we don't deserve to keep what they plan on stealing from us.

They then distribute the gains to their supporters. They soon run out of propertied opponents, and so they start turning on each other, till they collapse from universal hatred by the many who have nothing left to lose in going against them.

This is the same scam the left has used since the Jacobins took over France.

We understand your dilemma. If white privilege did exist, then black failure could be excused.

The problem is universal, even where there few whites. Shifting the onus is thus totally bogus.

There are very few blacks in the world who do not live beyond relative poverty and by far the most of those who are actually successful live in areas with high white populations.

Another excellent point. If the problem for blacks was racism of the white man holding him down, then we should expect that the poorest of all blacks would be those in white dominated countries, and the richest blacks to be countries dominated by blacks, who wouldn't be burdened by white racism.

Instead the reverse is almost universally true.

"Practically everyone" apparently doesn't include a good portion of the forum.

Again, we don't have to list proof contradicting racism is causing blacks to be unsuccessful. The burden of proof is on you to prove it does. You've listed statistics which give no indication as to the reason. You have filled your own bias into the reason. That is not fact, that is an assumption on your part.

If I were you I wouldnt exactly think most of the people on this forum represents the best in society as far as intelligence.

Yes you do have to list proof contradicting racism. You have to do that in order to dispute the proof it does exist. Otherwise you are just offering your opinion and I wont allow you to do that. Do you understand now?

Black people failing doesnt need an excuse. Racism and its affects are the explanation.

The problem of racism is universal. I agree with you on that point. Wherever white people have no influence either historically or presently Black people flourish. Pretending that isn't the cause is amusing.

There are plenty of Blacks that live several stratospheres above the poverty mark you call home. Not enough in my opinion but a large number despite white racists doing their best to hold them back.

Black people failing doesnt need an excuse. Racism and its affects are the explanation.

The problem of racism is universal. I agree with you on that point. Wherever white people have no influence either historically or presently Black people flourish. Pretending that isn't the cause is amusing.

There are plenty of Blacks that live several stratospheres above the poverty mark you call home. Not enough in my opinion but a large number despite white racists doing their best to hold them back.
"Wherever white people have no influence either historically or presently Black people flourish."

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The evidence was sited in the article that apparently no one read. White privilege is well documented empirically as well as historically.

The evidence was sited in the article that apparently no one read. White privilege is well documented empirically as well as historically.

.....by leftwing retards with an axe to grind.

Not real proof any more.

.....by leftwing retards with an axe to grind.

Not real proof any more.

...only for rw retards with an axe to grind.

No one cares what you imbeciles think.

I just read the article for the second time. It does not make that case. It shows statistical facts, which you have pointed out, that do not give an indication as to cause. You assume that "white privilege" is the cause. But that is an assumption only. Not a provable fact.

It is not a documented empirical truth. Historically, it was, and you could document and prove it. That is not true today.

Forum List

Back