Every Liberal Cause Is Based On A Lie

Since you know so much that isn't so, you wont have a problem explaining why Civil Rights Act was being rejected by the liberals.

Let me refresh your memory...

11tpte1.jpg

SERIOUSLY? You fklking moron. Oh right you are a conservative it's an oxymoron

Civil Rights Act of 1964

The bill was called for by President John F. Kennedy in his civil rights speech of June 11, 1963, in which he asked for legislation "giving all Americans the right to be served in facilities which are open to the public—hotels, restaurants, theaters, retail stores, and similar establishments", as well as "greater protection for the right to vote".

...The assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, changed the political situation. Kennedy's successor as president, Lyndon Johnson, made use of his experience in legislative politics, along with the bully pulpit he wielded as president, in support of the bill. In his first address to a joint session of Congress on November 27, 1963, Johnson told the legislators, "No memorial oration or eulogy could more eloquently honor President Kennedy's memory than the earliest possible passage of the civil rights bill for which he fought so long."

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

CONservatives, specifically from the Southern Confederate States of AmeriKKKa, today's GOP fought it, both Dem AND the GOP from the South

1964 CRA

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist.

FKKING IDIOT

Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist. MSNBC

Cecilie1200,

I suggest instead of acting like a three year old who resorts to name calling, why don't you actually find areas where conservatives were actually on the right side.

While I don't think they were always wrong they have generally fought on the wrong side some of the biggest issues in American History, Slavery, Segregation, Suffragette movement, interracial marriage, Iraq War....
Here is a list of Liberal Accomplishments:
- Social Security
- GI Bill of Rights (Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944)
- Electrification of rural areas
- NASA
- Medicaid/Medicare
- Clean water act
- Anti-discrimination laws
- Family Leave Act
- Federal Deposit Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance

Now please don't give a list of Republican Accomplishments but of Conservative ones...

I suggest you take your suggestions to someone who thinks you have something to say and that you are someone they aspire to impress.

I also suggest you look up the word "accomplishments", because - in my eyes, at least - it requires that things not just be done, but that they be positive. By the standard you've apparently applied to list "liberal accomplishments", one could consider Auschwitz an accomplishment of Hitler's, since he certainly did make it happen.

If you have something you'd like to ask me, might I suggest that next time, you don't do it by barging into a conversation with someone else and condescendingly making demands as though I was speaking to you all along?

Your BS dodge noted Bubba

Thanks though, I can't think of a single US policy conservatives have EVER stood on the correct side of history with either!

Calling you a fool isn't a "dodge", fucknut. It's just a statement.

Sure Bubba, sure. Weird how conservatives are NEVER on the correct side of history....

Since you define "history" as "the way liberals are going to insist things happened", you're correct.

Well you COULD try to defend those scummy conservative positions right??? lol

Yes he opposed the civil rights act, and as a Southern Democrat he was not a liberal.

LOL.

A Democrat's a Democrat whether he's from the north or the south. Liberal or Conservative is irrelevant. Your party owns the opposition to the civil rights act.

Got it, you are a bigger idiot than I thought. Shocking

Ideology is what matters moron, NOT party labor. Get honest ONCE!

Since you know so much that isn't so, you wont have a problem explaining why Civil Rights Act was being rejected by the liberals.

11tpte1.jpg

FactCheck: Civil Rights Act led to 90% black vote for Dems
\

FactCheck by OnTheIssues.org: Morris states that "The Democratic domination of the African American vote really did not begin until 1960." That is not true; the current Democratic domination began in the 1964 election. Morris cites JFK's actions as the source of that Democratic domination; it would be more historically accurate to cite LBJ's passage of the Civil Rights Act. After that bill's passage, the trend in the black vote changed from about 70% Democratic to nearly 90% Democratic, where it has stayed until the present.
Black_Dems.jpg

THEY MUST HAVE HATED THE DEMS FOR PASSING THE CRA IN 1964 RIGHT? lol

Look at the second LBJ quote from that image.
I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.

What's obvious from that quote is that blacks normally didn't vote for Democrats.
Democrats tricked them into it.

What I never thought about is why he said "200 years"? Why limit, why not indefinitely?
Maybe because he knew that trick wont last. Sooner or later, blacks will open their eyes and realize it was only a trick.
Longer they are kept in dark, longer the trick will last.

Yes he opposed the civil rights act, and as a Southern Democrat he was not a liberal.

LOL.

A Democrat's a Democrat whether he's from the north or the south. Liberal or Conservative is irrelevant. Your party owns the opposition to the civil rights act.

FactCheck by OnTheIssues.org: Morris states that "The Democratic domination of the African American vote really did not begin until 1960." That is not true; the current Democratic domination began in the 1964 election. Morris cites JFK's actions as the source of that Democratic domination; it would be more historically accurate to cite LBJ's passage of the Civil Rights Act. After that bill's passage, the trend in the black vote changed from about 70% Democratic to nearly 90% Democratic, where it has stayed until the present.
'
YEAH, THE BLACK VOTERS AGREE WITH YOU BUBBA, LOL

Black_Dems.jpg

What's obvious from that quote is that blacks normally didn't vote for Democrats.

What I never thought about is why he said "200 years"? Why limit, why not indefinitely?
Maybe because he knew that trick wont last. Sooner or later, blacks will open their eyes and realize it was only a trick.

Dumb ass

I'm shocked you are truly that ignorant. Rushblo is that you???

Yep...

11tpte1.jpg

\

Black_Dems.jpg

The same LBJ who opposed every civil rights measure, suddenly did something for blacks, right? After being devoted racist and segregationist, he evolved...

Are you aware that there was Civil Rights Act of 1957 and 1960? You know how Democrats did on those bills?

Dumb ass

If seeing you for what you really are you call ignorance, let be it.

Who is Rushblo?

11tpte1.jpg

\

Black_Dems.jpg

The same LBJ who opposed every civil rights measure, suddenly did something for blacks, right? After being devoted racist and segregationist, he evolved...

Are you aware that there was Civil Rights Act of 1957 and 1960? You know how Democrats did on those bills?

YOU MEAN LIBERALS FOUGHT FOR THEM? YES

During Lyndon B. Johnson’s first 20 years in Congress, "he opposed every civil rights measure that came up for a vote."
Barack Obama

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif

On one level, it’s not surprising that anyone elected in Johnson’s era from a former member-state of the Confederate States of America resisted civil-rights proposals into and past the 1950s. But given Johnson’s later roles spearheading civil-rights measures into law including acts approved in 1957, 1960 and 1964, we wondered whether Johnson’s change of course was so long in coming.

Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker PolitiFact Texas

YEAH, LIBERALS DEMS AND LIBERAL REPUBS (YOU CALL RINO'S TODAY) GOT THE CIVIL RIGHTS PASSED

Weird how few support the GOP from ANY minority group today right??? lol

CONservative CONfederate States of AmeriKKKa guys, today's GOP base, fought FOR slavery and against civil rights, just like they do today against equal rights Bubba!

Dumb ass

Who is Rushblo?

LIBERALS fought for civil rights, conservatives, today's GOP fought against it, like the cons have on EVERY SINGLE MAJOR ISSUE IN THE US, THE CONSERVATIVES NEVER STAND ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF HISTORY!!

Martin L. King Jr writes this about the 1964 Republican National Convention:

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

No Martin Luther King Jr. Was Not A Republican -- But Here s What He Had To Say About Them ThinkProgress

Stop being willfully ignorant, even though I'm sure it's a natural state Bubba!

Dumb ass

Who is Rushblo?

LIBERALS fought for civil rights, conservatives, today's GOP fought against it, like the cons have on EVERY SINGLE MAJOR ISSUE IN THE US, THE CONSERVATIVES NEVER STAND ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF HISTORY!!

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

No Martin Luther King Jr. Was Not A Republican -- But Here s What He Had To Say About Them ThinkProgress

Think Progress? The Democratic Strategist? Nice try but no. And here, I'll put this one in 40 point font for you:

From an interview at Bennett College, February 11, 1958

"On 11 February King delivered "A Realistic Look at Race Relations” to an over-packed audience at Bennett College’s Annie Merner Pfezffer Chapel.’ In his address King stressed the importance of the ballot, while noting the limitations of the two major political parties. I'm not here to tell you how to vote, ”he said. “That isn’t my concern. I’m not a politician. I have no political ambitions. I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses. And I’m not inextricably bound to either party. I’m not concerned about telling you what party to vote for. But what I’m saying is this, that we must gain the ballot and use it wisely.”

http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/primarydocuments/Vol4/11-Feb-1958_InterviewAtBennett.pdf

Dumb ass

Who is Rushblo?

Think Progress? The Democratic Strategist? Nice try but no. And here, I'll put this one in 40 point font for you:

"On 11 February King delivered "A Realistic Look at Race Relations” to an over-packed audience at Bennett College’s Annie Merner Pfezffer Chapel.’ In his address King stressed the importance of the ballot, while noting the limitations of the two major political parties. I'm not here to tell you how to vote, ”he said. “That isn’t my concern. I’m not a politician. I have no political ambitions. I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses. And I’m not inextricably bound to either party. I’m not concerned about telling you what party to vote for. But what I’m saying is this, that we must gain the ballot and use it wisely.”

http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/primarydocuments/Vol4/11-Feb-1958_InterviewAtBennett.pdf

Let's see, IKE & Barry Goldwater. No proof of anything and rather silly to make a blanket statement when the link exposed the ideological differences between the Eisenhower era and his beliefs; read President Eisenhower's farewell address and contrast them with the election rhetoric of Sen. Goldwater.

Dumb ass

Who is Rushblo?

AD HOMINEM ABOUT THE SOURCE HUH?? LOL

How's this Bubba

The Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute

Chapter 23: The Mississippi Challenge

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right

...I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

While I had followed a policy of not endorsing political candidates, I felt that the prospect of Senator Goldwater being President of the United States so threatened the health, morality, and survival of our nation, that I could not in good conscience fail to take a stand against what he represented.

Chapter 23 The Mississippi Challenge The Martin Luther King Jr. Research and Education Institute

NEXT

Really thinking about ignoring this jizzwad just because the 40-point is pissing me off. It's like having my 6-year-old poking my arm, going, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy."

Forum List

Back