🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every pre-born baby is conceived by, loved by, and wanted by God. The “choice” is His.

Christology wasn't fully developed until the 7th century and it was political from the get go. It's neither here nor there.At some point, you have to choose whether you want to get shit done and arrive at solutions to force a change or............succumb to propaganda and verbally abuse each other on the interwebs as you are told to do.
`
Abortion discussions are always a lose/lose proposition regardless of belief or on-line vs in real time.

Christology wasn't fully developed until the 7th century and it was political from the get go. It's neither here nor there.At some point, you have to choose whether you want to get shit done and arrive at solutions to force a change or............succumb to propaganda and verbally abuse each other on the interwebs as you are told to do.
`
Abortion discussions are always a lose/lose proposition regardless of belief or on-line vs in real time.

I think always/never dichotomies are harsh in many cases. Don't you?

You're in no position to question what He does

Sure I am... because one time I asked him to cure my Mom's cancer... and she died.

No God. And we are all better off for it.

Death is inevitable, we are not immortal. Sorry your mother passed but God doesn't grant all prayers and He has His reasons for all He does. At times we don't understand but we have to trust in Him.

I've lost people very dear to me, I've never blamed God, I understand that is life (or the end of it) but they were not killed because they might be an inconvenience, might be a hindrance or simply unwanted. There is something wrong with a society that allows for that and if you support it I have a feeling I know why God didn't answer your prayers

The last sentence might come off as harsh, but it is wholly Biblical. We are free will humans. We have the free will to push God away. Since we are actually made in His image, He too can push us away as well--and at some point, He does and He will.

Much is made, for example, about "submitted marriage" and what is a woman's obligation to her husband in Christianity. But the Bible makes clear that if a husband abuses his wife, God will NOT EVEN HEAR HIS PRAYERS.

And that is about as serious as it gets.

It may be harsh but entirely true. Sort of like there are no atheists in a foxhole

It is indeed a great undertaking to assume to know what the Supreme One wills.

Thou shall not kill.
Be fruitful and multiply.

^These are things the real God actually said. :rolleyes:

Hairy Fishnuts n atheists? Eh, I've seen too much and lived too long to believe them.

They're either fulla crap or in denial.

I know enough to know that God's way is the right way.

He actually made this world and ingrained karma into it as well.

I reckon I should know my bible verses better to illustrate my point. I don't.

I've read the thing 3x.

You're in no position to question what He does

Sure I am... because one time I asked him to cure my Mom's cancer... and she died.

No God. And we are all better off for it.

Death is inevitable, we are not immortal. Sorry your mother passed but God doesn't grant all prayers and He has His reasons for all He does. At times we don't understand but we have to trust in Him.

I've lost people very dear to me, I've never blamed God, I understand that is life (or the end of it) but they were not killed because they might be an inconvenience, might be a hindrance or simply unwanted. There is something wrong with a society that allows for that and if you support it I have a feeling I know why God didn't answer your prayers

The last sentence might come off as harsh, but it is wholly Biblical. We are free will humans. We have the free will to push God away. Since we are actually made in His image, He too can push us away as well--and at some point, He does and He will.

Much is made, for example, about "submitted marriage" and what is a woman's obligation to her husband in Christianity. But the Bible makes clear that if a husband abuses his wife, God will NOT EVEN HEAR HIS PRAYERS.

And that is about as serious as it gets.

It may be harsh but entirely true. Sort of like there are no atheists in a foxhole

Oh do not get me wrong. Just because it is harsh does not make it untrue at all. Some of the most fundamental Biblical truths are harsh indeed, and right out of Jesus Christ's mouth. "Do not think I came to bring peace on earth. I do not come to bring peace, but a sword." is just one example from Matthew 10:34.

One of the downfalls of modern American Christianity is we have made it milquetoast.

`
That's my opinion. I've NEVER seen someone win or lose an abortion discussion...never. It's like rocking in a rocking chair. It gives a person something to do but never gets you anywhere but in your case, I suppose it's hard wired into you. Knock yourself out.

`
That's my opinion. I've NEVER seen someone win or lose an abortion discussion...never. It's like rocking in a rocking chair. It gives a person something to do but never gets you anywhere but in your case, I suppose it's hard wired into you. Knock yourself out.

Eh, the carpet does not match the drapes.

How many would give a shit if it was an illegal immigrant brown woman having an abortion in the US?

`

You would be surprised at the number of people that do support choice. These people have seen the repercussions of women that have had children and then severely neglected or abused them because they didn't want them in the first place.

This is not a choice that I had to make. It's not a choice that many on this board have ever had to make. Yet, it is a free will/choice.

This is used as a wedge issue.

`

You would be surprised at the number of people that do support choice. These people have seen the repercussions of women that have had children and then severely neglected or abused them because they didn't want them in the first place.

This is not a choice that I had to make. It's not a choice that many on this board have ever had to make. Yet, it is a free will/choice.

The "choice" to be responsible, use protection and realize the implications would reduce the number of abortions dramatically

`

Well I changed my mind on abortion 100% around about 20 years ago, give or take. Went from being a pro-choice feminist to a pro-life conservative. Minds can absolutely be changed.

According to Religious doctrine, Who's responsible for death?
God?
The Devil?
The Grim-reaper????
Human Free-Will???????

`

Should we then tell children and adults who were "Severely neglected and abused" that it would have been better had they never been born, then? That's what you're saying, you know.

`

Should we then tell children and adults who were "Severely neglected and abused" that it would have been better had they never been born, then? That's what you're saying, you know.

There is a new Planned Parenthood ad out conveying that very message....it's disturbing. I'll see if I can locate the video

Forum List

Back